First Night '24-'25 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First Night '24-'25

Reaction Score
I thought it was a joke when this began. But Morgan is absolutely quick enough and smart enough to play PG. Geno may want to use her elsewhere on the court. But Geno often distributes PG responsibilities across a few players at a time. The Gabby-Phee-Kia-KLS teams were like that, since their focus on transition meant any player could end up bringing the ball up the floor and initiating the offense.

Morgan may not be the full time designated PG right away. But she can break the press as well as anyone and I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up covering the point at least part time in a year or two. She’s in the Haley Jones mold but with considerably better foot speed. And I think the impact of having a 6’2” PG barreling down the floor at much smaller defenders is worth making room for in roster planning.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think maybe they were supporting Carol, who had to wear sunglasses.
That was my first thought too, but if she is still sensitive to bright/flashing lights 9+ months after her last concussion then she wouldn't be considered as a returning player. Load noise, crowds, lots off activity, flashing lights, bright lights - pretty much every environmental danger was represent last night and she showed no problems.

Reaction Score
Diana Taurasi, winning 2 national championships with a very average (on balance) supporting cast. The knock-on effect of court presence.

Clearly, the whole being far greater than the sum of its parts, especially in basketball, with only 5 players on the court,
Just wrong! I get weary of BYers stating stuff like the others on those last two title teams with DT were very average. They had several excellent to outstanding college players. DT did not do it alone.

Reaction Score
Just wrong! I get weary of BYers stating stuff like the others on those last two title teams with DT were very average. They had several excellent to outstanding college players. DT did not do it alone.
Not very average, but also no one outstanding at that point other than DT. The 2002-03 team, other than DT, had no 1st team All-BE players, no 2nd team All-BE, one 3rd team All-BE (the freshman version of Ann Strother), and no HM All-BE. Team had no seniors. That team went 37-1 and won the NC.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
That was my first thought too, but if she is still sensitive to bright/flashing lights 9+ months after her last concussion then she wouldn't be considered as a returning player. Load noise, crowds, lots off activity, flashing lights, bright lights - pretty much every environmental danger was represent last night and she showed no problems.
that does not mean that she didn't have problems, i'm afraid. maybe she is a tough SOB and is able hide 'em, or any precautions that are deployed were effective.

Reaction Score
I know we basically don't have much to go off of but do y'all imagine a scenario where AZ doesn't play much this season. And can you think of a player as talented as her who didn't really play her freshman year. I can't remember KLS playing time her freshman year.
When Azzi comes back, sure I can. When Aubrey comes back, sure I can. If Caroline comes back to normal, sure I can. -- That's what is so amazing about the potential of this team. :)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I have seen Morgan play just once. The McDonalds AA game. She looked really good handling the ball and was in control of the offense. Not easy in a game where everyone wants to jack up shots as soon as they touch it.
I e seen a bunch of her games from last season. They’re probably still available on YouTube. Watch a few and you see exactly what you saw in the McD AA game. She’s big and fast, keeps her head up, runs the break really well, fights for rebounds, played the tip of the full court press. She has a lot of Nika’s virtues with a lot more size.

Reaction Score
I e seen a bunch of her games from last season. They’re probably still available on YouTube. Watch a few and you see exactly what you saw in the McD AA game. She’s big and fast, keeps her head up, runs the break really well, fights for rebounds, played the tip of the full court press. She has a lot of Nika’s virtues with a lot more size.

Keep in mind that she had played a wing position prior to last season. UConn would have a pretty good team if El Alfy, Strong, Cheli and Ziebell started with Bueckers. Power inside and a bunch of great 3pt shooters. That's a heck of a 1st year class.

Reaction Score
I am not surprised Ziebell did good in the 3 point shootout. She beat Olson, Howell, and Swords in the McDonald's shootout.

Geno will probably put her out there occasionally. Because he loves weapons. Her ability to stay on the floor will come down to defense imo.

Reaction Score
Can't remember, or just weren't following season 2015-16? Regardless, let me help you with that. Click the link below, then click on "Individual". KLS (Katie Lou Samuelson) is the forth one down.

Didn't really follow as closely. Was a UConn fan (brother went to school there around the sue/dt era.) but was fresh out of grad school without SNY or anything. So I would catch some national tv games/tournament games. I remember the Syracuse championship game. But didn't really watch game to game until like 2020. I definitely could've looked up the stats as well, but thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC
Top Bottom