First NCAA Committee Reveal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

First NCAA Committee Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If they beat SC on Sunday they will become the overall #1 but I would be shocked if that were to happen. In my mind LSU is a solid team that's coached by one of the greats in the sport but they are not one of the 4 best yet.
I think LSU might have two chances to jump UCONN for a #1 seed - either win this weekend or beat SC to win the SEC tourney. The Huskies need to win out, but also need a little help to secure one of those top spots. Hopefully things will bounce our way!

Reaction Score
LSU will not be the #1 overall seed just because they beat SC. That is not how it works. It will take more than that to move SC off the top spot.
Like I thought, LSU didn't have much of a chance. Explain how SC still would be number 1 overall if they lost to LSU at SC? That would leave 1 unbeaten team and that team beat the previous 1 at their place. Fact is SC is the best team and if no offensive fouls are called they are close to unbeatable.

Reaction Score
Like I thought, LSU didn't have much of a chance. Explain how SC still would be number 1 overall if they lost to LSU at SC? That would leave 1 unbeaten team and that team beat the previous 1 at their place. Fact is SC is the best team and if no offensive fouls are called they are close to unbeatable.
One win against SC wouldn’t move LSU over them at all. They don’t have any good wins that’s it. It would take a lot for anyone to overtake SC as the 1 overall seed at this point. SC has proven they are dominate with quality wins over competition, committee wouldn’t put a team with one ranked win over them.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I was shocked that a ref had the gull to call Boston for an offensive foul for the leading of the shoulder under the basket.:eek: I think she was just as shocked as I was.;)

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Welcome Colorado, adios OSU. Ten region changes, one up and one down seed.
1676386502152.png

Eleven teams still in top 16 from the 11/8 bracket, although only nine of them in from the first way too early bracket in April '22. SC, IN, ND, LSU, Stanford and UConn are the only teams to date in the top 16 (regular season only).
1676386925719.png

Reaction Score
Welcome Colorado, adios OSU. Ten region changes, one up and one down seed.
View attachment 84093
Eleven teams still in top 16 from the 11/8 bracket, although only nine of them in from the first way too early bracket in April '22. SC, IN, ND, LSU, Stanford and UConn are the only teams to date in the top 16 (regular season only).
View attachment 84094
South Carolina doesn't want to go against Iowa. They are the one team that really has the ability to outscore their opponents any given night. Then you have ND in there too? That to me looks like the toughest region 1-4 but unless UCONN drops to a 2 seed I don't see a 1 seed going down before the FF. A lot of good BB to play over the next 6 weeks.

Reaction Score
South Carolina doesn't want to go against Iowa. They are the one team that really has the ability to outscore their opponents any given night. Then you have ND in there too? That to me looks like the toughest region 1-4 but unless UCONN drops to a 2 seed I don't see a 1 seed going down before the FF. A lot of good BB to play over the next 6 weeks.

Let’s see:

Iowa #1 scoring offense against SCar #1 scoring Defense. Okay.

Scar #7 scoring offense against Iowa # 307 scoring defense. Uhm.

Reaction Score
Puhleez. South Carolina would have no problem going against Iowa. South Carolina has the #1 3pt FG % defense in the nation, by a good much and every team that has come up against them in the past few years that relied on 3pt shooting to win the game has come up woefully short. The great Arkansas team a few years ago that managed to outshoot a Paige led Uconn team, was shut down twice by SC because of their perimeter defense. Iowa does not have the multiple shooters that Arkansas team had. I don't know where people get this take that South Carolina would not want to play Iowa. They would defend the three and then do their normal down low habits to control such a game.

Reaction Score
South Carolina could easily handle Iowa. Iowa doesn’t have the height, rebounding or defense to make it close. IMO it would be a relatively easy win for them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

South Carolina would beat the dog crap outta Iowa. Personally I'm hoping Duke gets to face Iowa. I love chicken, and other fowl.

Reaction Score
Puhleez. South Carolina would have no problem going against Iowa. South Carolina has the #1 3pt FG % defense in the nation, by a good much and every team that has come up against them in the past few years that relied on 3pt shooting to win the game has come up woefully short. The great Arkansas team a few years ago that managed to outshoot a Paige led Uconn team, was shut down twice by SC because of their perimeter defense. Iowa does not have the multiple shooters that Arkansas team had. I don't know where people get this take that South Carolina would not want to play Iowa. They would defend the three and then do their normal down low habits to control such a game.
No one on SC can guard Clark, no one. SC will foul at 3-4 players if they try to play Clark like they did UCONN. UCONN should have gotten way more fouls on the perimeter but Iowa will get the fouls. SC has the better team, maybe much better but Iowa reminds me of the Louisville team that beat Baylor. They play 10 times Baylor wins 8-9, but that one time when the outside shots are dropping anything can happen. To be clear I am not saying Iowa is a better team than SC, just a team that can score a lot on a given night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom