First NCAA Committee Reveal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First NCAA Committee Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really want SCar and UConn in Greenville, but my hopes aren't high.
Greenville's gonna make money as long as SCar is there. UConn would max it out.

I don't see Seattle making any money. Its not "next door" for anybody who will be in the round of 8 or 16. UConn fans could help out with Seattle's attendance.

TV viewing could change that but I think they would like SCar and UConn in seperate regions for better TV time dispersal.

I'm going to be so disappointed if Uconn isn't in Greenville. :( We live here and were so looking forward to seeing them live.

Reaction Score
Concerning VPI, I doubt they stay as a 4. Their final five games of the regular season. Home vs a ranked FSU, Home vs Powerful Duke, home vs NC State, at Chapel Hill, and at Georgia Tech. I just looked at one projection, and it projects them to be a #7 in the ACC tournament.
“VPI” (aka Virginia Tech), my grandson’s alma mater, could win all of those games - except maybe Powerful Duke. NC St and UNC aren’t playing all that well. GT isn’t that good. I think they’ll win at least 3 of the 5. We’ll see.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
“VPI” (aka Virginia Tech), my grandson’s alma mater, could win all of those games - except maybe Powerful Duke. NC St and UNC aren’t playing all that well. GT isn’t that good. I think they’ll win at least 3 of the 5. We’ll see.

Trust me, I'm pulling for them, except when they play Duke. I don't see them going 5-0. Seems like every year they drop a game when rhey have no business losing. Like this years game down in Clemson.

I kinda think they will beat FSU and the triangle schools, then lose on Georgia Techs senior night. :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Also love the competition that South Carolina would have. Would be a few physical but good shooting teams they would need to get through.

I ain't mentioning no names, but I do know what team they wouldn't want to see in a regional final if that bracket came to fruition.

Reaction Score
If LSU wins, I’d imagine they become the fourth #1 seed and UConn becomes the first #2 seed, which would still have them matching up. Only difference would be the uniform color they wear in Seattle.
Yep! I agree 100%. LOL...who would have thought we'd be rooting for SC a week after our intense loss to them?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm going to be so disappointed if Uconn isn't in Greenville. :( We live here and were so looking forward to seeing them live.
Me too. I want a chance to meet Boneyarders while UConn would be in a different bracket. I don't live there but was "born 'n raised" there and family is there. I still love my li'l hometown and downtown can be a fun place for strangers to meet for socializing.

Reaction Score
Another team that could still contend for the last #1 seed is 6th ranked Utah. They are currently a #2 seed & they play division rival Stanford for the Pac12 title in two weeks. There's probably more of a chance that a Utah victory would knock Stanford to a #2 seed, but UCONN could be affected as well.

Reaction Score
Me too. I want a chance to meet Boneyarders while UConn would be in a different bracket. I don't live there but was "born 'n raised" there and family is there. I still love my li'l hometown and downtown can be a fun place for strangers to meet for socializing.
I booked a hotel long ago, just in case UConn got placed in that Regional.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'm surprised to read that so many UConn fans want the team to be sent to Greenville. I'd bet money that the 12-15,000 South Carolina fans in attendance would be cheering against UConn regardless of their opponents in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 (unless it's the Lady Vols).

Reaction Score
LSU is not winning at SC on Sunday.
Mulkey always has a few tricks up her sleeves in the big games. She will not go quietly without making a statement. And, I'm not talking about just a fashion statement.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Another team that could still contend for the last #1 seed is 6th ranked Utah. They are currently a #2 seed & they play division rival Stanford for the Pac12 title in two weeks. There's probably more of a chance that a Utah victory would knock Stanford to a #2 seed, but UCONN could be affected as well.

I ain't mentioning no names, but there is another team that could be in contention for a #1 seed in the unlikely event they run the table. Again, I ain't mentioning that team's name.

Now. watch that team lose Sunday :oops:

Reaction Score
I ain't mentioning no names, but there is another team that could be in contention for a #1 seed in the unlikely event they run the table. Again, I ain't mentioning that team's name.

Now. watch that team lose Sunday :oops:
The only reason Duke is a longshot is because UCONN beat them soundly & the committee takes that into account. But if Duke runs the table & wins the ACC tournament, they have to be consideredfor a #1 seed. In any event, they would be as dangerous #2.
Good luck!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The only reason Duke is a longshot is because UCONN beat them soundly & the committee takes that into account. But if Duke runs the table & wins the ACC tournament, they have to be consideredfor a #1 seed. In any event, they would be as dangerous #2.
Good luck!

Hey hey. hey.. I wasn't mentioning any names. :oops:

But yeah, the more I think about... Indiana would have to drop a few more games for them to not be a #1 seed. Its pretty much gonna be SC, IND, Stanford, and UCONN on the top line unless something crazy happens in the Big 10.

Reaction Score
The committee has historically emphasized strength of schedule. That probably boosted UCONN to a #1 seed & dropped LSU to a #2 seed. If they beat SC on Sunday, that might catapult LSU to a #1. Otherwise, they are locked into a #2 or #3.
If they beat SC on Sunday they will become the overall #1 but I would be shocked if that were to happen. In my mind LSU is a solid team that's coached by one of the greats in the sport but they are not one of the 4 best yet.

Reaction Score
The experts expect even the greats to have an off day and they also know UCONN with 5 players is one of the best teams. With 6 or 7 they will even be better so they really have to be a 1 if they can find a way to catch their second wind.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hey hey. hey.. I wasn't mentioning any names. :oops:

But yeah, the more I think about... Indiana would have to drop a few more games for them to not be a #1 seed. Its pretty much gonna be SC, IND, Stanford, and UCONN on the top line unless something crazy happens in the Big 10.
I think Stanford could stumble again before selection day possibly opening the door for someone else, and of course Uconn could as well.

There are about 8 games left for everyone including conference tournaments lots of chances for surprises.

Reaction Score
If they beat SC on Sunday they will become the overall #1 but I would be shocked if that were to happen. In my mind LSU is a solid team that's coached by one of the greats in the sport but they are not one of the 4 best yet.
LSU will not be the #1 overall seed just because they beat SC. That is not how it works. It will take more than that to move SC off the top spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom