First NCAA Committee Reveal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First NCAA Committee Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe that they stated it included the Indiana - Iowa game in this reveal, which was finished before the start of the Stanford - Arizona game.
It included all games through 2/8/2023, and Charlie Creme said that even though Iowa lost their game vs Indiana after the bracket was finalized, the result would not make a difference and they would not move at this time.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So the top two overall seeds would meet in the regional final, then face (possibly) the overall 3 or 4 seed in the national championship?! That doesn’t make sense
Wendy Williams No GIF
I believe the last games at the super regional sites are if the 'tape' holds are: two Regional X #1 playing Regional X #2 - then the FF is as always Greenville 1 #1 seed vs Seattle 4 #1 seed and Greenville 2 #1 vs Seattle 3 #1.

Reaction Score
Interesting to see how the committee deviated from how you would assume that they would distribute teams given their ranking.

Feels like it would be assigned more like this in how basketball has tended to bracket:
South Carolina G1
Indiana G2
Stanford S1
UConn S2
LSU G2
Utah S2
Iowa G1
Duke S1
Maryland S1
Notre Dame G2
Michigan S2
Texas G1
Virginia Tech G1
UNC S2
Villanova G2
Ohio State S1

So the top two overall seeds would meet in the regional final, then face (possibly) the overall 3 or 4 seed in the national championship?! That doesn’t make sense
No, the tournament format is the same, it is just that what used to be two regionals are now played at the same site (one will be Friday-Sunday and the other Saturday-Monday). When it comes to making the bracket for the Final Four, the regional with the top 1 seed will still play the regional with the last 1 seed regardless of which site their regional was assigned to originally.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope UConn will keep their number one seed. Tell me something, triad. Are there two Dukes, one pretty good Duke and one powerful Duke? I am not aware of the powerful one. ;) Seriously, I am pulling for Virginia Tech and hope they go far in the tournament. With a healthy Owusu, they may. I want to see a match-up between Juhasz and Kipley.

Actually there are three Dukes. Powerful Duke showed up tonight and through some of the non conference schedule. Pretty good Duke won this past weekend vs ND and though most of the season. Come on Man Duke showed up vs UCONN, Chapel Hill, and FSU :oops:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Welcome to the party Villanova!
1676028065337.png

Counting the top 16 teams from the beginning of the season, 12 of them are still in it, and Texas is back If you go back to the two pre-season brackets (meh), only 10 of them are still in it, as TN, OK, AZ, NCSU, ISU, and L'ville were pre-season favorites.
1676028442646.png

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Where are the folks who said our #1 seed was gone after yesterday’s loss?
Don't know that I said it, but I was thinking it. But that has more to do with the committee than the team.

Reaction Score
I missed last night Villanova was a 4 seed. Congratulations!

I thought the committee would drop UConn to the first #2 seed, but based on their Net ranking and SOS, keep them a 1 seed.

Reaction Score
The committee has historically emphasized strength of schedule. That probably boosted UCONN to a #1 seed & dropped LSU to a #2 seed. If they beat SC on Sunday, that might catapult LSU to a #1. Otherwise, they are locked into a #2 or #3.
If LSU wins, I’d imagine they become the fourth #1 seed and UConn becomes the first #2 seed, which would still have them matching up. Only difference would be the uniform color they wear in Seattle.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
If UCONN wins the rest of their games & takes the Big East title, that should lock up their #1 seed.
If, if ands and buts, were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas. I hope you are right.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
If we get Caroline & Azzi back and everyone is healthy, I believe we are favored against everyone but SC and, to be honest, they don’t have to like it either! That’s not to say we couldn’t lose, of course! Stanford, Indiana, LSU are legitimate threats if we play poorly or they have exceptional games, and I suppose Iowa is conceivable if we have a bad game and Clark goes nuts but, I’m sorry, I’m just not feeling it!
To me, it really comes down to whether those two can get healthy, get back into the flow of things, and everyone else stays healthy. If so, I really like our chances! I just think people are understating how good this team is/can be with everyone healthy!
Even SC is going to face a much different situation if Azzi & Caroline are on the floor with Lou! It will be much more difficult to shadow Lou when they are there as well. As Geno said, we will have to make some threes to counter the offensive boards, but at least we’ll have the weapons on the floor to actually do that! Finally, a lot of things can happen between now and late March and (knock wood) not all of them have to be bad for our team!
If ?

Reaction Score
I really want SCar and UConn in Greenville, but my hopes aren't high.
Greenville's gonna make money as long as SCar is there. UConn would max it out.

I don't see Seattle making any money. Its not "next door" for anybody who will be in the round of 8 or 16. UConn fans could help out with Seattle's attendance.

TV viewing could change that but I think they would like SCar and UConn in seperate regions for better TV time dispersal.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Virginia Tech is an interesting team. One of the tougher 4 seeds imo. I also think LSU is a bit better than they get credit for. As we recently found out winning conference games is no easy feat. Obviously UConns health will dictate how far they will go. But I wouldn't favor our current roster without Paige and Azzi to make the final 4 if given this bracket. Id cheer like crazy for it to happen but it would be tough.
Paige is not in any equation this season.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What I would like to see is that the 2 brackets that play the same day in the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight are the same two that play against each other in the Final Four. It always seems that the teams that play on opposite days play against each other giving two teams an extra days rest.

Reaction Score
If LSU wins, I’d imagine they become the fourth #1 seed and UConn becomes the first #2 seed, which would still have them matching up. Only difference would be the uniform color they wear in Seattle.
LSU is not winning at SC on Sunday.

Reaction Score
One of the Regional sites will be in Albany in 2024. Interesting 4 different west coast cities will be hosting between now and 2026. The eastern most regional will be Dallas in 2026. The cities that are hosting put in the best proposal/hosting bids.

Reaction Score
One of the Regional sites will be in Albany in 2024. Interesting 4 different west coast cities will be hosting between now and 2026. The eastern most regional will be Dallas in 2026. The cities that are hosting put in the best proposal/hosting bids.

I didn't know about Albany being a site in 2024. I better put it in my calendar now!!

I still don't love that there's only two regional sites now going forward. It feels like a big mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom