First NCAA Committee Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
The committee has historically emphasized strength of schedule. That probably boosted UCONN to a #1 seed & dropped LSU to a #2 seed. If they beat SC on Sunday, that might catapult LSU to a #1. Otherwise, they are locked into a #2 or #3.

Reaction Score
Indiana and Iowa's seed probably wasn't decided until about 8:30PM Eastern tonight.

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech is an interesting team. One of the tougher 4 seeds imo. I also think LSU is a bit better than they get credit for. As we recently found out winning conference games is no easy feat. Obviously UConns health will dictate how far they will go. But I wouldn't favor our current roster without Paige and Azzi to make the final 4 if given this bracket. Id cheer like crazy for it to happen but it would be tough.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Virginia Tech is an interesting team. One of the tougher 4 seeds imo. I also think LSU is a bit better than they get credit for. As we recently found out winning conference games is no easy feat. Obviously UConns health will dictate how far they will go. But I wouldn't favor our current roster without Paige and Azzi to make the final 4 if given this bracket. Id cheer like crazy for it to happen but it would be tough.

Concerning VPI, I doubt they stay as a 4. Their final five games of the regular season. Home vs a ranked FSU, Home vs Powerful Duke, home vs NC State, at Chapel Hill, and at Georgia Tech. I just looked at one projection, and it projects them to be a #7 in the ACC tournament.

Reaction Score
I believe that they stated it included the Indiana - Iowa game in this reveal, which was finished before the start of the Stanford - Arizona game.
That was not my understanding.

Reaction Score
So the top two overall seeds would meet in the regional final, then face (possibly) the overall 3 or 4 seed in the national championship?! That doesn’t make sense
Wendy Williams No GIF

Reaction Score
Stanford looking really strong vs #17 Arizona. I find it hard to believe they’ve lost 3 this year.
Betts and Brinks are a dominant front line, Unstoppable. And everyone was crashing the boards. If they play like that, they will be very hard to beat.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Concerning VPI, I doubt they stay as a 4. Their final five games of the regular season. Home vs a ranked FSU, Home vs Powerful Duke, home vs NC State, at Chapel Hill, and at Georgia Tech. I just looked at one projection, and it projects them to be a #7 in the ACC tournament.
I hope UConn will keep their number one seed. Tell me something, triad. Are there two Dukes, one pretty good Duke and one powerful Duke? I am not aware of the powerful one. ;) Seriously, I am pulling for Virginia Tech and hope they go far in the tournament. With a healthy Owusu, they may. I want to see a match-up between Juhasz and Kipley.

Reaction Score
If we get Caroline & Azzi back and everyone is healthy, I believe we are favored against everyone but SC and, to be honest, they don’t have to like it either! That’s not to say we couldn’t lose, of course! Stanford, Indiana, LSU are legitimate threats if we play poorly or they have exceptional games, and I suppose Iowa is conceivable if we have a bad game and Clark goes nuts but, I’m sorry, I’m just not feeling it!
To me, it really comes down to whether those two can get healthy, get back into the flow of things, and everyone else stays healthy. If so, I really like our chances! I just think people are understating how good this team is/can be with everyone healthy!
Even SC is going to face a much different situation if Azzi & Caroline are on the floor with Lou! It will be much more difficult to shadow Lou when they are there as well. As Geno said, we will have to make some threes to counter the offensive boards, but at least we’ll have the weapons on the floor to actually do that! Finally, a lot of things can happen between now and late March and (knock wood) not all of them have to be bad for our team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom