First game thread of the season: UConn v. Stanford | Page 7 | The Boneyard

First game thread of the season: UConn v. Stanford

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I cant watch this halftime segment. Let me know when 2nd half starts....

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Is anyone watching Tennessee? I don't have the SEC network, I'm assuming its' on there.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UConn's offense is just a little rusty, but MY OH MY, THE DEFENSE IS UNBELIEVABLE. Stanford held to 4 pts in the 2n qtr and 14 in the half.
Yeah, the spacing is off. Plus Stanford's defense is pretty good and long.

Reaction Score
Is anyone watching Tennessee? I don't have the SEC network, I'm assuming its' on there.

Actually volleyball is on sec net! You have to have SEC+ to see game.

Reaction Score
49–14 at halftime verse a top 10 team. Stanford looks awful. Ratings for 2nd half will be awful too. What a shame WBB can’t keep up with UConn. Games like this aren’t worth watching unless you’re a huge UConn fan. No one else will watch a one sided game like this. Bad for WBB and it’s not UConn’s fault but it’s true. I turned it off. Get some competition. What a snooze the rest of the season is going to be for UConn.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
What a first half. Smothering defense choaking Stanford off. Offense looks very good for the first official game against a ranked team. It will improve and that is plain scary!

Some highlights:
Crystal - what improvement over the summer. You can see it in her eyes - she is in charge and running the show.
Lou - I'll bury them outside, I'll drive on you to the hoop. I can play DEFENSE!
Gabby - Get That S$%T Outta Here!!!!!!
Z - Its fun to play UConn basketball.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You are never going to find a broadcast where they talk non-stop about game action when it's 43-13.
I understand that but this was happening from the tip off. And when I started typing, it was before the big run in the second quarter started...

Reaction Score
Wow... defensive smack down... I feel bad for Stanford.... kinda.. :p
I don't feel bad for them at all. But I do appreciate them playing us, and for that I don't think we should run up the score in the 2nd half. Get up by 40 and then let the bench play - as long as they can maintain the 40-point lead.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Too many athletes and too little experience for Stanford to even have a shot against UConn. Silly that they were ever rated so high. Shows you rep is worth more than reality. I personally didn't think they would even be at the top of the Pac 12. Perhaps at the end of the season when they have time to get the scheme and frosh in sync.
SI rated them #2. Maybe in March; not now.

Reaction Score
Same old story year after year . The Cards get smart kids with HIGH boards whose BB skills are behind the other good teams. They were good in the 90s until everyone else caught up. They play like us in a lousy conf. and usually fla:(:(:(

LOL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom