First Four Thursday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

First Four Thursday

Reaction Score
this is a player who regularly gets deep into the lane, to a fault, and is not known for his 3 point shooting. I think it was a bad decision with 3 seconds remaining

He did not have 3 seconds remaining when he pulled up. Also based on where the defenders were and his teammates he would have been going 1 on 3. I'd take a good albeit long look at 3 over that.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Had a chance to cash out my MLWichita bet when they were up 11 and put it on Drake with long odds to hedge my 3 parlays I have with Wichita. Thought they looked good so I didn't pull the trigger. Then Ubeze did the "go to sleep" gesture and Drake has come roaring back.
Now he’s the one sleeping!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i guess neither squad had a guy who can do this. seems like a good time to show it again.
3 bounce bucket, starting around .33 on the vid:

'of all his stuff last game, the play at 33 seconds on the highlight vid sticks with me the most, by far, since that game. on the d stripe, he reaches down for the loose ball, pulls it out, turns, then gets to the basket on three dribbles, right, left, right, lay-up.
that's right, almost 3/4s of the court, only 3 bounces, fully defended, cookie. nutz.
anyballer, anytime, anywhere seeing that would say, 'whoa, whoa, whoa...wait, hold up...what?'
goofy announcer guy, 'oh my goodness! James Bouknight, like he was shot out of a canon!'
freakin ballet is what it is. 3 bounces, hoop. nutz.'

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That was when the whole country really learned about Ray Allen, we just couldn't stop the freshman Toby Bailey.
The O’Bannon brothers too. But Toby was the killer.
The only team in America that could run with us.

102-96

They were just better that day, I tip my cap because we were really REALLY good. Didn’t ray have 38?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
36. That game and the 2002 Maryland game were the two toughest to take for me.
They were tough but we played well in both. We just got beat . Florida ( yells missed FT’s ) and Mississippi state ( we were running in quick sand the whole game after being a juggernaut that season) gnaw at me way more.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
They were tough but we played well in both. We just got beat . Florida ( yells missed FT’s ) and Mississippi state ( we were running in quick sand the whole game after being a juggernaut that season) gnaw at me way more.
I was 14 for the 90 Duke game so that hurt too. Definitely the 94 Florida game.

Reaction Score
this is a player who regularly gets deep into the lane, to a fault, and is not known for his 3 point shooting. I think it was a bad decision with 3 seconds remaining
I watched the replay -- I don't hate the shot. It was more like 2 seconds when he pulled up. At best he gets another 2 dribbles and takes a more contested look from 20 feet instead of a less contested look from 27 feet. He caught the defender by surprise. That was close to the best look he was gonna get.

Gilbert makes bad decisions, but I don't think that was particularly egregious. The bigger problem is he's just not a good shooter.

Great kid, though.

Reaction Score
i really like jaquez for ucla. forgot they had etienne, too. how is this team not better?

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
In some weird way, I’m rooting for Cronin to be the answer at UCLA. Would just be funny if he is the guy who restores the program, cause he is the opposite of everything you think of when you think of L.A. The people out there must hate him.

Reaction Score
Without knowing the reason how can you say Izzo would get bad press and not the player? Just not sure of the story leading up to it.
Because the player didn’t physically grab the coach and then grab his shirt and then run at him when he ran into the locker room.

Reaction Score
Because the player didn’t physically grab the coach and then grab his shirt and then run at him when he ran into the locker room.
Ok now that I saw it in more detail during halftime show - I’m not sure I blame it on izzo. A player should not walk away when a coach is talking to him. Should izzo have grabbed his jersey? Prob not but you can’t let a player get away with that.

Reaction Score
Naturally Charles Barkley defends Izzo
What's the controversy? I looked it up and all I see is Izzo and the player yelling at each other in the tunnel and Izzo grabbing the tail of his jersey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom