First Four Thursday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

First Four Thursday

Reaction Score
Would you guys have been more happy if Gilbert took two more dribbles into the defense and took a fade away? Maybe he could maneuver his way into a 20ft floater? That's not a bad look with the amount of time he had left
Just wish he made it

Reaction Score
Would you guys have been more happy if Gilbert took two more dribbles into the defense and took a fade away? Maybe he could maneuver his way into a 20ft floater? That's not a bad look with the amount of time he had left
Yea the way Jimmy Jackson was talking he made it seem like he could have dribbled all the way to the basket which wasn't the case, a couple of more dribbles and the defender would have contested the shot easier. Wasn't the worst look, reminded me of Bazz pulling up with time remaining vs Nova his soph year.

Reaction Score
Yep. Low situational awareness of what was needed. Only needed one for the tie and two for the win.

He pulls up from 25' with 3 seconds to go.

Won't call it hero ball. It is a low percentage play for a known suspect 3 point shooter.
Could be wrong but I feel like guys don’t know how to do on the run/ pull up jumpers, so it’s 3 or bust if you can’t get to the rim.

Reaction Score
Didn't mind the shot at all, maybe a couple of more dribbles but overall not bad. I don't think anyone wishes AG ill, but we've seen this movie before. Tough.

Reaction Score
On further review, he had three of his teammates behind him barely jogging up the court. How the hell does that happen? He didn't have much of a choice.

Reaction Score
All of his teammates were hanging at the arc. It was a 1 pt game. Someone should’ve gone to the hoop to help out. The whole team wanted to take a 3 pt shot.

Reaction Score
All of his teammates were hanging at the arc. It was a 1 pt game. Someone should’ve gone to the hoop to help out. The whole team wanted to take a 3 pt shot.
Their entire offense was Udeze in the post, Etienne had 1 point the entire game. Just a piss poor game by Wichita.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
On further review, he had three of his teammates behind him barely jogging up the court. How the hell does that happen? He didn't have much of a choice.
There was no urgency after they got that board. Either weren't expecting a missed free throw, didn't know it was 1-and-1, didn't know the clock or didn't realize they had a timeout if they could have pushed it across half court in 2 second. Bad basketball. Dumb basketball. But then again, what else would you expect from the AAC...

Reaction Score
Could be wrong but I feel like guys don’t know how to do on the run/ pull up jumpers, so it’s 3 or bust if you can’t get to the rim.
your wrong. Edney went coast to coast on us with the about the same amount of tIme. It was a one point game and he could have gotten into the lane, possibly gotten fouled or hit a runner. He was 0 for from three prior to that shot.

Reaction Score
Like AJ in the 6 OT game? And no, I'm not bitter.

Reaction Score

Exactly, a number of his teammates were behind the ball, and with his height a shot inside the arc in that scenario wass likely going to have a high degree of difficulty too.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
your wrong. Edney went coast to coast on us with the about the same amount of tIme. It was a one point game and he could have gotten into the lane, possibly gotten fouled or hit a runner. He was 0 for from three prior to that shot.
Wasn’t us. It was against Missouri to get to us. We win title that year if he didn’t though.

we beat Maryland 2nd round that tourney too. Good mojo?

Reaction Score
My gosh listening to Kenny Smith and Barkley talk about the college game is tough. Love them on nba games but they don’t even know the players or coach’s name. Just. Called the leprechaun ‘Coonin’.

Reaction Score
Look at the replay from the end zone. He was not getting to the rim or into the lane. Maybe he could’ve gone right and gotten a runner but that’s my point — do these guys practice runners? A three is more natural to them.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Maybe AG would’ve put up the 30 footer anyway, but none of his teammates ran hard to the basket to give him an option.

Reaction Score
That’s......also one of the greatest plays to end a game in ncaa history...from a guy who went on to play in the nba....and who was also one of, if not the, fastest guys in the tournament.....

come on, man.
let’s not make a legendary play the standard to try to replicate

It wasn’t a bad shot. He probably could have taken another dribble or two.

Would have been nice to see a kid who has gone through such a time in college catch a break.

Reaction Score
Look at the replay from the end zone. He was not getting to the rim or into the lane. Maybe he could’ve gone right and gotten a runner but that’s my point — do these guys practice runners? A three is more natural to them.

this is a player who regularly gets deep into the lane, to a fault, and is not known for his 3 point shooting. I think it was a bad decision with 3 seconds remaining

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom