OT: - first album, first track | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: first album, first track

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
'Enola Gay', by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD).
One of my favourite bands. It was a couple of years later, after hearing the song for the 1st time, that a friend educated me about the meaning of the song's title.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
'Enola Gay', by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD).
One of my favourite bands. It was a couple of years later, after hearing the song for the 1st time, that a friend educated me about the meaning of the song's title.

You can see the real Enola Gay, fully restored, at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum annex at Dulles Airport. It’s a beautiful aircraft.

Reaction Score
Who remember "The Knack" and this song? Really set the tone for a group that disappeared all too quickly.

Reaction Score
A little more prog rock:

Jorma Kuakomen, one of the great dobro players, was a member for awhile. If you get a chance go to youtube and download his version of "Just Because" and "Red River Blues". Let me know what you think of them.

Reaction Score
'ayo, my pen and paper cause a chain reaction,
to get your brain relaxin',
cuz they be acting maniac in action.' ('Infinite,' first track) yup.

then, when this dropped, everyone knew the real Slim Shady.
'y'all actin like you never seen a white person before...'

"Are we gonna have a problem here?" Great nasal passage.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
"Are we gonna have a problem here?" Great nasal passage.
another great first line from marshall:
'two trailer park girls go 'round the outside, 'round the outside...'
guess who's back, back again. shady's back, tell a friend... luv this beat.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Jorma Kuakomen, one of the great dobro players, was a member for awhile. If you get a chance go to youtube and download his version of "Just Because" and "Red River Blues". Let me know what you think of them.
?? Jorma was never a member of King Crimson. I suspect you were intending to reply to someone else.

I've seen him three times -- twice solo, once with Hot Tuna. I greatly enjoyed the solo shows, Hot Tuna not so much; he's quite a musician.

Reaction Score
?? Jorma was never a member of King Crimson. I suspect you were intending to reply to someone else.

I've seen him three times -- twice solo, once with Hot Tuna. I greatly enjoyed the solo shows, Hot Tuna not so much; he's quite a musician.
Bigboote, as usual you are correct. Had a senior moment. You have great taste in music.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Bigboote, as usual you are correct. Had a senior moment. You have great taste in music.

Why, thank you, and right back at you. I'd like to give a big shout out to all the contributors to these threads. You ALL have great taste in music. I may not like everything that's posted (and I assume nobody likes everything I post, because it would be scary knowing someone just like me is out there), but I listen to a great majority of what's posted, even when it's genres that I'm not crazy about. I learn about new stuff, some of which I really like.

I especially like Scud's thread of old and obscure music. I've learned a lot in that thread.

Cheers!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This wasn't released in the US till the 90's, but was well worth the wait. What a group of musicians, and they weren't afraid of noise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom