Fire PP (and GDL) Now before the USF Game Thread | The Boneyard

Fire PP (and GDL) Now before the USF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yup. And take GDL along with you.

Keep in mind that this is coming from me. ME! The glass is always 1/4 full, and Tate George will hit the shot, and we can pull it out in the end if we really try hard, and 13-0. Nope...time to fire him. And again.....take GDL along with you...

("copy-and-pasted" from the other thread, well because I'm tired and I had no blocking)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, please.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He should not have gotten a third year. Now, that he has, he should not get a fifth game.

There are no viable replacements on the staff and it will do nothing to save the season, but we need to do something to let the rest of the football world know that we're not okay with this.

Reaction Score
I'm not a season ticket holder but I go to games and occasionally travel to an away game. FWIW if he's not gone by Monday there should be some tickets to the next home game on his desk. I'll buy one so I'm not left out.

Reaction Score
Now we find out what kind of AD Warde is.

If P is the HC against USF time for the admin. to start thinking about replacing Warde and P(and GDL).

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If Pasqualoni and DeLeone aren't gone by Monday at Noon, Warde needs to tender his resignation too. Warde needs to hit a grand slam, not just a HR, with his 2014 hire. Get that wallet ready and get ready to up the budget, my friend. This is what bringing Pasqualoni and DeLeone did for this year...buried us in such a deep abyss that it is going to take some serious coin to get us out.

Reaction Score
Flood Warde's email First name dot last name at uconn dot edu

Seriously

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yup, it's statement time. One of the negative perceptions about UCONN is that they don't care about football. Keeping Pasqualoni and DeLeone through the end of this season does nothing but throw fuel on that fire. Put it out, Warde. Put us out of our misery and pull the plug. It's long overdue. He may be Hathaway and McHugh's hire, but this third year of regression is on you. Time to get back on the right track before it's way too late.

Reaction Score
We need the Sunday presser to go something like this. Paul Pasqualoni is a good man, an honorable man. But he and I agree that a change is needed now and so effective today, TJ Weist will become interim Head Coach. PAul and GEorge (but not Ringo and John) have agreed to resign so the rest of the staff can focus on movng this program forward. Beginning now, we will focus on our search for a new Head Coach. Des, you can go yourself

Reaction Score
Home run??? Hell, I'll take a ground-rule double!!! Anything other than whiffing at three straight pitches...
Whiffing at three straight pitches implies some effort was made. This is more like if we got hit in the head with a pitch and have been lying on the ground unconscious for 2 and a half years.

Reaction Score
Warde,

This mess is (and has been) on your hands now.

Do something. Doing nothing will only further twist the dagger into the back of the UConn athletic departmnet.

Reaction Score
I don't know that we have the talent to be a good football team, but we sure as heck don't have the talent to endure another game of Pasqualoni at the helm. I don't even care who the interim coach is. I doubt it matters. We just can't keep doing this any more.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The last time we took a road trip to NY state I ended up adding a video of DeNiro as Al Capone to show my disdain for what GDL had done to our offense and our image as a football team. Once the numbness wears off I may do it again.

The only consistency I can see from this program since P took over is the lack of preparation. I find it mind boggling that the two closest games we've played to date this season were against Michigan and Maryland. How the duck is that possible if the other two opponents were Buffalo and Towson (Towson at home no less)?

I really want to know if P has deliberately steered the ship into the iceberg as I cannot believe that anyone can be this incompetent. When he was hired I had a sick feeling in my stomach for a few days (he did bring me off the ledge with his press conference, which I did not see until about 12 hours after it occurred) as I was convinced that (considering the talent he was inheriting and the schedule we would be facing, which would be the old BE plus TCU along with the non conference games we've seen) he would keep us at seven to eight wins for a couple of seasons and slowly back us up to where we would be fighting to make a bowl game by the end of his contract, leaving the new, real hire (whoever that would be at that point) to start at a level a full step below where P had begun. Unfortunately for us, what I saw as years five and six ended up being years one and two and in year three we have to wonder if we could be competitive in a good FCS conference.

While I did not agree with the decision I could see valid arguments for Warde allowing P this season before pulling the plug. I do not see how Warde could have anticipated this as I don't see how anyone could have anticipated what we've experienced these past four plus weeks. I will say that in giving P a third season Warde has made his own job substantially more difficult. Perhaps he is a rock star but I believe that he will need to be a rock superstar to fix this quickly enough that it can make a difference. The latitude that normally would be allowed a new hire has shrunk considerably as we are on the edge of being further from relevance than we were in 1999 and at least in 1999 we could claim that we were headed to a major conference.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I also want to add that at about 6:00 PM this evening Warde should have made a phone call to the maintenance staff back at Storrs, instructing them to pack up and box everything in the head coach's office and change the locks.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't know that we have the talent to be a good football team, but we sure as heck don't have the talent to endure another game of Pasqualoni at the helm. I don't even care who the interim coach is. I doubt it matters. We just can't keep doing this any more.

I don't think it matters much.... the point of the coaching change is to end the bleeding. the kids need to hear a new voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom