Fine audio tape comes out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fine audio tape comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dont have the desire to read all about this case, but is the worst case scenario that Fine started with this ball boy at 17 years old? Are any of the alleged victims younger? I just have a difficult time wrapping my mind around the amount of time and the physical relationships this one guy had with both of the Fines. Sordid, but how much of it was actually illegal? If and when JB knew anything, it may have been that Bernie likes young men, he just didn't know the full extent of it.

Not 17, Davis is alleging that it started before he entered 7th grade, which would have made him 12 years old. There's also an element of sexual exploitation given that Fine was in a position of authority and the kid was a ball boy in his charge.

Reaction Score
There have been posters on the Cuse board who are apparently connected releasing details of this stuff for over a week now. So far, all the rumors they've divulged have turned out to be true. Just today, the same posters have said that the Secret Service found evidence in Bernie Fine's home (not this tape).

Reaction Score
Creepy. The Fines are a messed up family- but Davis seems like a total kook- like coo coo for co co puffs kook.

Hate to see a great guy like JB dragged into this hot steamy pile- but I have to admit the Quse fans twisting in the wind is amusing being that they are one of the most unlikeable fan bases in all of college basketball.

Reaction Score
Creepy. The Fines are a messed up family- but Davis seems like a total kook- like coo coo for co co puffs kook.

Hate to see a great guy like JB dragged into this hot steamy pile- but I have to admit the Quse fans twisting in the wind is amusing being that they are one of the most unlikeable fan bases in all of college basketball.

They really are unlikeable generally with a chosen few decent fans. This is amusing to watch them twist as you say but the story is disgusting and even a crappy group of arrogant fans don't deserve this.

Reaction Score
This goes beyond Fine and JB.
This goes all the way up to the President's office.
There was a private firm that conducted an investigation for Syracuse.
It defies belief that they never interviewed Davis for that investigation.
If they didn't interview him, then there was a cover-up.
If they did interview him, it's hard to believe he didn't turn over the tape.
If he didn't turn over the tape, then Syracuse may be in the clear.
If the Feds found something in Fine's home that incriminates him for recent behavior AND there is evidence that SU knew about the tape, then Syracuse is screwed badly. Or rather screwed themselves badly.

Reaction Score
It appears most people believe that fine is guilty at this point. The question is whether or not Syracuse should penalize others involved with the situation. Obviously Paterno got canned because of what someone else did under his watch/ there were rumors about it that he knew about and apparently took action on, but didn't take enough action on. Then there is Calhoun who is suspended 3 games this season for violations surrounding the program. If Calhoun deserves a 3 game suspension for assistants and former people associated with the program giving extra benefits/ making extra phone calls to recruits than I don't see how JB doesn't get some sort of punishment. Obviously the school would self impose it and not the NCAA. Then there's the whole PR mess with him saying how the accuser is telling 1000 lies and that he is money hungry. That PR stuff is separate and could cause the Syracuse administration to take serious action against him. Even termination like in the Joe Pa case. Joe Pa was fired mostly because of the bad PR and not as a result of his direct actions surrounding the issue. ESPN and other media have a lot to do with the PR issues for both schools.
Different situation. JoePa had a grad asst. come to him and tell him exactly what he saw. Bobby Davis has said several times that there is no way Beoheim knew anything was going on.

So Bobby Davis sleeps with Mrs. Fine, but gets molested by Bernie Fine until the age of 28? Was he having sexual relations with both of them at the same time? This gets weirder by the day. This story is not over... more will come out this week, probably within the next few days.

SU needs to can Bernie, truth needs to come out, Beoheim needs to cut ties with Fine.

Reaction Score
Different situation. JoePa had a grad asst. come to him and tell him exactly what he saw. Bobby Davis has said several times that there is no way Beoheim knew anything was going on.

So Bobby Davis sleeps with Mrs. Fine, but gets molested by Bernie Fine until the age of 28? Was he having sexual relations with both of them at the same time? This gets weirder by the day. This story is not over... more will come out this week, probably within the next few days.

SU needs to can Bernie, truth needs to come out, Beoheim needs to cut ties with Fine.

It's very hard for me to believe that Syracuse didn't know about that tape. How is it possible that they didn't know?

Reaction Score
Would hate to see Boeheim go out like this.
If you think about, what would explain his immediate and steadfast and loud support of Fine?

1. He really believes in his innocence and he's supported a friend and colleague.
2. He knows that, if Fine goes down, he's going down too.

Reaction Score

He does seem coocoo, but I'm sure being sexually abused starting at age 12 by a person who was a father figure to him contributed to that.

Reaction Score
It's very hard for me to believe that Syracuse didn't know about that tape. How is it possible that they didn't know?
How would they? He recorded it in Utah, played it for his HS girlfriend, and showed it to ESPN, then ESPN sat on it for 8 years. I really hope no other children were harmed while ESPN sat on the tape.

Reaction Score
They really are unlikeable generally with a chosen few decent fans. This is amusing to watch them twist as you say but the story is disgusting and even a crappy group of arrogant fans don't deserve this.
Maui- that goes without saying. I do find the idea of ESPN knowing about for years interesting. They have turned into the evil empire- suppressing evidence- destroying the BE- karma will bite them in the ass at some point.

Reaction Score
Maui- that goes without saying. I do find the idea of ESPN knowing about for years interesting. They have turned into the evil empire- suppressing evidence- destroying the BE- karma will bite them in the ass at some point.

ESPN put this story out, against Syracuse, going to the "supposedly" sacred ACC.

ESPN is out for two things - ratings and money. They don't care whose expense it's at.

Reaction Score
How would they? He recorded it in Utah, played it for his HS girlfriend, and showed it to ESPN, then ESPN sat on it for 8 years. I really hope no other children were harmed while ESPN sat on the tape.

How? By interviewing Davis in 2005.

Reaction Score

Of course, at the same time, they were aware that the story was being reported to the Syracuse police and DA... so really what do you expect from ESPN?

Reaction Score
How? By interviewing Davis in 2005.
where does it say SU interviewed Davis? Syracuse U hired an independent firm to investigate these claims in 2005 and nothing substantial was found. I don't think you know how liberal SU chancellor nancy Cantor is, if BS&K found anything of substance to child molestation claims in 2005, Fine would have been canned no questions asked.

Reaction Score
where does it say SU interviewed Davis? Syracuse U hired an independent firm to investigate these claims in 2005 and nothing substantial was found. I don't think you know how liberal SU chancellor nancy Cantor is, if BS&K found anything of substance to child molestation claims in 2005, Fine would have been canned no questions asked.

Wait a second.

They conducted an investigation without talking to the accuser?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

So, do you think being that type of a kook may have resulted from being sexually abused perhaps thousands of times by a pedophile from the time he was 12?
This isn't just something that Coach Fine did in his own time. He brought the kid along on multiple team road trips and the kid was a ball-boy....there is no way that JB did not know that the ball boy was present on the road trips & logically he should have known that the kid was staying with the Fines and this went on for over a decade!

Reaction Score

I'm not referencing whether JB knew about the molestations. I'm talking about how in both situations bad press was created for the University. Both JB and Joe Pa were indirectly involved in the bad press. Joe Pa was seen by the public as neglecting his duties because he didn't do enough to push for an investigation of the situation when the grad assistant came to him. JB has made defaming comments about the character of the people who were molested by Fine. You can make an argument that what JB did was worse because he had absolute control over everything he said about the victims. Joe Pa actually did something about what happened by reporting what he heard to his direct superiors, but that was deemed by the public to not be enough. The public opinion is what got him fired. We will see what JB's fate is if the evidence that comes out is enough to convince the public that Fine molested the people he supposedly molested. It appears what is out now would be enough to convince people.

Reaction Score
Uh, how is that an answer to the question? Did BS&K interview the accuser?
Look I'm not here to argue. I'm not trying to defend Fine at all, I can tell you 95% of SU fans want him terminated immediately. This case isn't over, and maybe nothing will ever be definitely proven. More details will come out in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom