Fine audio tape comes out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fine audio tape comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That would absolve the school.

I would have preferred if they had said they interviewed him.
Hopefully it clears the school, but like I said, more will hit the fan this week, IMO

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
SU knew this was coming when they chased the ACC invitation. They likely buried this story until they could finalize their acceptance.

Reaction Score
SU knew this was coming when they chased the ACC invitation. They likely buried this story until they could finalize their acceptance.
The victim has said several times he came forward after the PSU scandals... so now Syracuse knew about Sandusky back in September?

Reaction Score
Bottom line, Cuse fans would be calling for Calhoun to be burned at the stake if the tables were turned but UConn fans would hate to see Boeheim go out with this tarnishing his legacy. It is all about class........

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The victim has said several times he came forward after the PSU scandals... so now Syracuse knew about Sandusky back in September?

Davis has been making these claims for over a decade.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Bottom line, Cuse fans would be calling for Calhoun to be burned at the stake if the tables were turned but UConn fans would hate to see Boeheim go out with this tarnishing his legacy. It is all about class........

Of that, there is no doubt.

It would have also been much more of a media feeding frenzy had it been UConn.

Reaction Score
Of that, there is no doubt.

It would have also been much more of a media feeding frenzy had it been UConn.

Cuse poster who knows SU alums at ESPN says there was considerable pushback among reporters as to whether this story should have been reported.

Reaction Score
My experience with the Syracuse board/fans.

After Nate Miles was expelled for calling his ex-gf against a restraining order. On the Syracuse board they were talking all sorts of trash about how Calhoun was hiring these convicts and didn't care about discipline. They were conveniently ignoring the fact that at the same time Devendorf punched a woman and Boeheim was defending Devendorf saying that he shouldn't be punished severely. I said they were hypocrites and was promptly banned from their board.
From what I have heard about 'Cuse from someone who lived there, 'Cuse players have been above the law, as they were at Penn State.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My experience with the Syracuse board/fans.

After Nate Miles was expelled for calling his ex-gf against a restraining order. On the Syracuse board they were talking all sorts of trash about how Calhoun was hiring these convicts and didn't care about discipline. They were conveniently ignoring the fact that at the same time Devendorf punched a woman and Boeheim was defending Devendorf saying that he shouldn't be punished severely. I said they were hypocrites and was promptly banned from their board.

There a bit sensitive about this point. I was suspended from their old board for responding to the same kind of crap that you listed with something like, "Your indignation seems a bit disingenuous considering all the threads praising a girl hitter on this page."
That suspension continued when I applied to the new board. I guess that they keep a most (least) wanted list.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Honestly not how I would want to see Boeheim go if that was to happen ... what an awful situation.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@AdamZagoriaAdam Zagoria

Syracuse issues statement: “At the direction of Chancellor Cantor, Bernie Fine’s employment with Syracuse University has been terminated.'

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I've been skimming through this thread and i was wondering, did espn really not want to go through with reporting this? they had evidence and didn't release it? and what else? i only know the big picture, not much of the very small details as the espn thing and such

Reaction Score
From what I have heard about 'Cuse from someone who lived there, 'Cuse players have been above the law, as they were at Penn State.

Honestly, I think this is the case at most big time programs. For whatever reason, CT reporters and local and state police don't let UConn players get away with a damn thing. What gets swept under the rug at Syracuse to Kentucky to UMass to Kansas to UNC gets prosecuted and reported at UConn. Maybe it is because Calhoun treats people outside the program like crap while Boeheim, Calipari and others make nice with the media and law enforcement. But it is what it is. It just makes being a fan a bit tougher because we have to put up with constant crap from jealous fans of other programs. They are deluded if they think what happens at UConn doesn't happen at every other big time program but that is what they think. Boeheim is a decent guy and I don't wish him ill. Maybe if the cuse had three championships and we had one I would feel like cuse fans and be as jealous as they are. Nahhhhh. I know that Calhoun and Boeheim are friends and that is all I need to know to not hate the man. How can cuse fans be such d-bags?!?!?!

Reaction Score
Cuse poster who knows SU alums at ESPN says there was considerable pushback among reporters as to whether this story should have been reported.

So ESPN attacks UConn unfairly because it is loaded and Cuse fans and Yahoo selectively "investigates" UConn because they are infested with UMass fans. We need some UConn grads in the right places.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom