Final year for Larrier? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final year for Larrier?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If him and Jalen play like they have plan to be 1st round picks in the draft, then I have a good feel about how this season is going to go for us.
I hope not actually. I want them in the moment, not worrying about the future. If they do that both UConn and the two of them will be just fine.

Reaction Score
I not usually that guy but couldn't this also mean he transfers? Wouldn't he be a grad transfer or no?

Reaction Score
I not usually that guy but couldn't this also mean he transfers? Wouldn't he be a grad transfer or no?

Just because he's in school for 4 years doesn't mean he's ready to graduate, especially after a transfer.

Reaction Score
Because the latter option doesn't often work out, and players are aware of it.

I assume you mean doesn't work out in that the athlete doesn't go right to the NBA from that 5th year. So guess what's still waiting for them after that 5th year the D League and overseas. And barring a significant injury that athlete just got another free year of college education and improved his basketball skills.

Reaction Score
I hope not actually. I want them in the moment, not worrying about the future. If they do that both UConn and the two of them will be just fine.

If they are only thinking about the NBA I bet they wouldnt play that good. I just mean that they are good enough to be 1st round picks. If they play like that, then we should be in solid shape as team i would think. I get what you mean though.. I dont think that will happen though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't which path is easier. I would also question if extra years of college ball vs. g league would improve a players skills more. I think that premise would be hotly debated on the BY. I don't know if there are stats on which path is more successful. I do know G league salaries are dreadful but it is still a path to the NBA. In the particular instance I think it makes perfect sense. TL thinks he's ready to go so he should go. AND, he's doing the Huskies a solid by announcing early so the staff can recruit his replacement.

I honestly don't think it's debatable, if we are talking solely developing skill, rather than chance to get to the League. You play against other (almost) pro level players. You have access to NBA coaching/development, and most importantly, you can focus all your time and energy 24/7 on solely getting better at basketball. College doesn't have the comp--especially size wise, the amount of dedicated coaching, the time you can afford to put into the game, etc. The one thing it has is the ability to showcase your talent on national TV.

Reaction Score
Last go round? He never had a first go round. A mediocre year at VCU, sitting out a year to transfer, getting hurt for a year, and now...?

I sincerely hope he has the kind of year to justify putting his name in the draft -- the future of our program may depend on it for both on-court and recruiting purposes. But another Daniel Hamilton/DeAndre Daniels type of draft result just won't be good enough; if he's committed to leaving after this year even after a so-so year, it would be another once-promising guy passing through this program on the way to nowhere. KO and the program really can't afford that.

Reaction Score
Last go round? He never had a first go round. A mediocre year at VCU, sitting out a year to transfer, getting hurt for a year, and now...?

I sincerely hope he has the kind of year to justify putting his name in the draft -- the future of our program may depend on it for both on-court and recruiting purposes. But another Daniel Hamilton/DeAndre Daniels type of draft result just won't be good enough; if he's committed to leaving after this year even after a so-so year, it would be another once-promising guy passing through this program on the way to nowhere. KO and the program really can't afford that.

Who else has fit this category besides Hamilton? And he was two + years younger than Larrier when he declared.

Reaction Score
So, Sid Wilson becomes available and suddenly Larrier makes it clear on social media that it's his last year here. I'm sure it's just a coincidence;-)

Reaction Score
I agree, these kids are total jokes. This kid is talking about his pro career when he's accomplished absolutely NOTHING.

Need to find hungry kids who just appreciate getting a good, free education. Not these ridiculous tweener kids who aren't even on draft boards talking about going pro.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I agree, these kids are total jokes. This kid is talking about his pro career when he's accomplished absolutely NOTHING.

Need to find hungry kids who just appreciate getting a good, free education. Not these ridiculous tweener kids who aren't even on draft boards talking about going pro.

Bad take, homie.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Larrier would be a good euro player.

Reaction Score
No way, this is a total joke. Play the season and assess your next steps.

Or better yet, keep your thoughts to yourself.

This kid averaged 6.6 PPG in a full season at a mid-major and then 13.5 PPg for a couple games @ UConm where he did ZERO to help them win against bad teams

Bad take, homie.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Age won't hurt him. Just ask the great minds at NBADraft.net. 31 means first round.

Reaction Score
he isn't some sure fire nba player, but can definitely get started on his pro career if he wants too. even healthy last year he was not a two way player at all.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Lets just wait and see what he comes out of the gate with - that will most likely tell us what to expect. If he comes out tentative it will most likely foretell a slow sporadic start.
My guess is that both he and AG will try to be as close to 100% as possible and start out no holds barred - at least Larrier should be thinking this way because it does look like he considers this his do or die year
If both come out guns a blazing and JA is true to form - watch out!!!!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If not for the Jones fracture DD's story might have played out much differently.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This makes Vance Jackson's departure even more ill-advised.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This makes Vance Jackson's departure even more ill-advised.

I'm not sure they're all that related imo. Totally different players, both style-wise and physically speaking. Different sorts of tweeners too.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He can't be leaving for the NBA. It's already been established around here that DD is better than him, and DD ain't in the NBA.

So relax, no worries ;)

On a more serious note, he may have NBA aspirations and he may have NBA talent, but he's not going unless he proves he has NBA talent. If he has a great year and looks like a 1st round lock, good for him AND good for us. Every once in a while, one should look for the silver lining. The dark cloud syndrome can't be healthy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom