Final year for Larrier?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
IMG_0741.PNG

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Isn't he graduating this year? Played one at VCU, sat one, injured last year. This is his fourth year at school; have to figure for a guy with NBA potential, he probably won't want to stick around any longer than he has to.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Isn't he graduating this year? Played one at VCU, sat one, injured last year. This is his fourth year at school; have to figure for a guy with NBA potential, he probably won't want to stick around any longer than he has to.

Bingo, even if he doesn't blow up and go to the NBA, he will want to start his professional career since he is already 22.

Reaction Score
I don't understand nor agree with this thinking. If the kid has a great year and is a projected first round pick which is definitely a possibility then God bless him. But since when did it become a better option to play in the D league or overseas rather than using remaining years of college eligibility to improve your skills and boost your NBA draft stock?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I don't understand nor agree with this thinking. If the kid has a great year and is a projected first round pick which is definitely a possibility then God bless him. But since when did it become a better option to play in the D league or overseas rather than using remaining years of college eligibility to improve your skills and boost your NBA draft stock?
When you've taken 4 years of college classes and are ready to stop taking college classes, which are not fun when you have a D-1 athlete's schedule. That's when.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Rightly or wrongly, age is a pretty huge knock as far as the draft goes. You hurt your draft stock by being older.

He also has the 'plausible deniability' of being just off an ACL this year. Which indicates he very well could make a jump in the year following that. NBA GMs love potential.

Reaction Score
When you've taken 4 years of college classes and are ready to stop taking college classes, which are not fun when you have a D-1 athlete's schedule. That's when.

I understand that I was a college athlete and I hated school. But all these kids dreams are to the get to the NBA. It is very difficult to get to the NBA from the D league or overseas. The easier road is from using the extra year of college eligibility so wouldn't it be worth the sacrifice?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I understand that I was a college athlete and I hated school. But all these kids dreams are to the get to the NBA. It is very difficult to get to the NBA from the D league or overseas. The easier road is from using the extra year of college eligibility so wouldn't it be worth the sacrifice?
Disagree. Not many 23-year old 5th year seniors are finding their way to the league. Sean Kilpatrick is one I can think of, but you don't see it often. You more often see guys leave college early, hang in the D-League for a year or two and then get called up. It literally just happened to Daniel Hamilton who signed a two-way deal with the Thunder this month.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I think most people have expected this to be his final season in college.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Not many 23-year old 5th year seniors are finding their way to the league. Sean Kilpatrick is one I can think of, but you don't see it often. You more often see guys leave college early, hang in the D-League for a year or two and then get called up. It literally just happened to Daniel Hamilton who signed a two-way deal with the Thunder this month.

While I wouldn't deny age is somewhat of a factor regarding a players draft stock, you can't tell me that the D league is an easier path to the NBA over using extra years of college eligibility to improve your skills and draft stock.

Reaction Score
I think Terry is going to have an excellent year as one of our primary scorers. The guy is so ready to break out as a player. He was ready last year and he'll be even more ready this year if he's physically 100%. Preseason last year he was already projected to be drafted and this year I'm thinking that he is just real real confident that he will play his way right back into the draft. What is also terrific about this declaration is how it will affect recruiting, that a really skilled wing from 2018 will see the potential for immediately starting and getting major minutes. Reddish must be aware of this and whoever else. Iggy looked good also.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
But since when did it become a better option to play in the D league or overseas rather than using remaining years of college eligibility to improve your skills and boost your NBA draft stock?

Because the latter option doesn't often work out, and players are aware of it.

Reaction Score
I like his confidence. He has the tools and the opportunity to showcase them. Just gotta put it together.

Reaction Score
If him and Jalen play like they have plan to be 1st round picks in the draft, then I have a good feel about how this season is going to go for us.

Reaction Score
Think we need @upstater and @superjohn to weigh in on exactly how old this kid is before we make any proclamations.

In all seriousness, though, he hasn't exactly made a secret of his intentions. That said, we've heard this before (Purvis) and had the verdict reversed. A lot of variables are in flux and a lot can change between now and April.

Reaction Score
He showed he can score so he has to display toughness, strength, and durability for the next level whatever that is. We need a big year from him.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
While I wouldn't deny age is somewhat of a factor regarding a players draft stock, you can't tell me that the D league is an easier path to the NBA over using extra years of college eligibility to improve your skills and draft stock.
I don't which path is easier. I would also question if extra years of college ball vs. g league would improve a players skills more. I think that premise would be hotly debated on the BY. I don't know if there are stats on which path is more successful. I do know G league salaries are dreadful but it is still a path to the NBA. In the particular instance I think it makes perfect sense. TL thinks he's ready to go so he should go. AND, he's doing the Huskies a solid by announcing early so the staff can recruit his replacement.

Reaction Score
Everyone thought the same thing with Purvis. If he has a big year then yes. If he's only okay prolly won't have a ton of options.

Reaction Score
Everyone thought the same thing with Purvis. If he has a big year then yes. If he's only okay prolly won't have a ton of options.
Purvis didn't have any first round hype since leaving NC State whereas up until the injury Larrier was a borderline lottery to later first round prospect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom