Final Preseason Big East projection | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Final Preseason Big East projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Check out this piece of journalistic ummmm.... pride: http://www.onthebanks.com/2012/8/26/3269771/2012-big-east-conference-predictions (I deleted commentary on 2-7 for space considerations)
1. Rutgers Scarlet Knights: 9-3 (5-2) - Rutgers should be considerably better on offense despite the loss of receiver Mohamed Sanu. The skill position talent, owing to strong recent recruiting, is the strongest in the Big East. The offensive line is finally on the upswing again, and quarterback Gary Nova has firmly seized the starting job. Defensively, the Knights lose standout tackle Justin Francis, but return four or five of the best ten defensive players in the conference. If there's a question mark here, it stems from dealing with a brand new coaching staff. It remains to be seen how that plays out over time, but barring historic futility, any backsliding is more likely to be gradual than immediate.
2. Louisville Cardinals: 9-3 (5-2)
3. South Florida Bulls: 8-4 (4-3)
4. Cincinnati Bearcats: 8-4 (4-3)
5. Pittsburgh Panthers: 7-5 (4-3)
6. Temple Owls: 6-5 (3-4)
7. Syracuse Orange: 4-8 (2-5)
8. Connecticut Huskies: 4-8 (1-6) - How, how, how does everyone in the media not see this program for the profound trainwreck they are turning into? The emperor has no clothes! The emperor has no clothes! Is it that Randy Edsall and Maryland (they play this year! fun!) are making the Huskies look competent in comparison? Paul Pasqualoni badly mismanaged his offense last season, choosing to grab one or two additional wins with the horrid Johnny McEntee instead of throwing one of their younger freshmen into the fire. It should come as little surprise that Michael Nebrich transferred come the fall. That might have more to do with JUCO signee Chandler Whitmer, but really, is there any reason to expect that even with big upgrades at QB and WR, UConn won't have the worst players in the conference at those positions by a considerable margin? Now the bounty that Edsall left on the OL and defense has thinned, and although they may extract a measure of revenge against the Terps, there is seemingly little otherwise that will bring joy to what is certain to be a downright miserable season. Pasqualoni and George DeLeone are dragging this program back to the stone ages, and the disgraceful, inexcusable, indefensible hire of Coach P out of the doldrums continues to look worse by the day. That only makes Rutgers not taking the UConn game last season look even worse in retrospect, but it won't matter now with how bad these guys are going to be.

is this real life?

Reaction Score
Just a Rutgers fan still upset that we ruined their hopes for a BCS bowl last year.

His point is that instead of hiring the guy with the most wins in Big East history with CT roots to boot, we should have been more like Rutgers and hired a guy who has never been a head coach because that is smart.

Reaction Score
Man, I don't know how good Rutgers will be this year; they certainly seem loaded with talent.

But if we go 4-8, 1-6 I'll eat my underwear for Christmas dinner.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Man, I don't know how good Rutgers will be this year; they certainly seem loaded with talent.

i will also to double down on this...

Reaction Score
Check out this piece of journalistic ummmm.... pride: http://www.onthebanks.com/2012/8/26/3269771/2012-big-east-conference-predictions (I deleted commentary on 2-7 for space considerations)
1. Rutgers Scarlet Knights: 9-3 (5-2) - Rutgers should be considerably better on offense despite the loss of receiver Mohamed Sanu. The skill position talent, owing to strong recent recruiting, is the strongest in the Big East. The offensive line is finally on the upswing again, and quarterback Gary Nova has firmly seized the starting job. Defensively, the Knights lose standout tackle Justin Francis, but return four or five of the best ten defensive players in the conference. If there's a question mark here, it stems from dealing with a brand new coaching staff. It remains to be seen how that plays out over time, but barring historic futility, any backsliding is more likely to be gradual than immediate.
2. Louisville Cardinals: 9-3 (5-2)
3. South Florida Bulls: 8-4 (4-3)
4. Cincinnati Bearcats: 8-4 (4-3)
5. Pittsburgh Panthers: 7-5 (4-3)
6. Temple Owls: 6-5 (3-4)
7. Syracuse Orange: 4-8 (2-5)
8. Connecticut Huskies: 4-8 (1-6) - How, how, how does everyone in the media not see this program for the profound trainwreck they are turning into? The emperor has no clothes! The emperor has no clothes! Is it that Randy Edsall and Maryland (they play this year! fun!) are making the Huskies look competent in comparison? Paul Pasqualoni badly mismanaged his offense last season, choosing to grab one or two additional wins with the horrid Johnny McEntee instead of throwing one of their younger freshmen into the fire. It should come as little surprise that Michael Nebrich transferred come the fall. That might have more to do with JUCO signee Chandler Whitmer, but really, is there any reason to expect that even with big upgrades at QB and WR, UConn won't have the worst players in the conference at those positions by a considerable margin? Now the bounty that Edsall left on the OL and defense has thinned, and although they may extract a measure of revenge against the Terps, there is seemingly little otherwise that will bring joy to what is certain to be a downright miserable season. Pasqualoni and George DeLeone are dragging this program back to the stone ages, and the disgraceful, inexcusable, indefensible hire of Coach P out of the doldrums continues to look worse by the day. That only makes Rutgers not taking the UConn game last season look even worse in retrospect, but it won't matter now with how bad these guys are going to be.

Someone has been smoking the good stuff. That's pretty funny right there.

I would be shocked if we went less than 8-4 this season.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score

I think you guys go either 7-5 or 8-4 this year... I think we go either 10-2 or 11-1 this year... :)

Reaction Score

Rutgers has talent every year, NJ is full of div I guys and that's the local school. The problem that Rutgers has is that they never had a coach be able to maximize that talent on the field, look at the Rutgers guys that made it to the NFL, some are very good, but you rarely saw that with consistancy on the field, except for Ray Rice. I don't know much about Flood, but he's been with the program for some time. I think we have a better staff that develops talent. You could always count on Schiano making bone head decisions, let's see what Flood does, it's his first year and he's bound to wreck a few winnable games, Rutgers is not going to win the BE this year.

Reaction Score
What ever happened to that block of wood they were supposed to be chopping? Did they ever stop chopping it? That was fun, I hope the new coach has something to replace it.

Reaction Score
What ever happened to that block of wood they were supposed to be chopping? Did they ever stop chopping it? That was fun, I hope the new coach has something to replace it.
Chopping away at the wood since 1869.

Reaction Score
We did it for one year in 2010 and got rid of it because of how terrabad we were in 2010. We just bring out the ax now.

Reaction Score
Louisville is the presumptive favorite because it has four conference games, including Cincy, USF and UConn, at home and probably has the best overall personnel. Pitt, Temple and Syracuse will be the bottom three in some order.

As for Rutgers, USF, Cincy, and UConn take your pick. I don't see much to pick and choose between any of them heading into opening day.

Reaction Score
I think you guys go either 7-5 or 8-4 this year... I think we go either 10-2 or 11-1 this year... :)

10-2 or 11-1, are you still sure about that?

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
10-2 or 11-1, are you still sure about that?
I'll downgrade our records to 9-3 (minimum)... our passing game was embarrassing vs Tulane... It'll get better... but I think we'll lose 1 to 2 away games due to our weakness at QB... So 9-3 is my prediction for Rutgers this fall... I think we lose @Arkansas, @USF, @Cincinnati now... the first 2 due to weak QB play earlier on in the season, the last one being a let down game... :(

Reaction Score
Outside of Arkansas and UL I still don't see a team we shouldn't at least be a pick 'em with.

So, I take back everything I said about Pitt, and I'll raise UCONN a bit.

lolACC

Reaction Score
I'll downgrade our records to 9-3 (minimum)... our passing game was embarrassing vs Tulane... It'll get better... but I think we'll lose 1 to 2 away games due to our weakness at QB... So 9-3 is my prediction for Rutgers this fall... I think we lose @Arkansas, @USF, @Cincinnati now... the first 2 due to weak QB play earlier on in the season, the last one being a let down game... :(

Please do us a favor and just wait until the end of the season before you post your Rutgers "Final Preseason Big East projection", as the thread is titled. I may not hold a degree from Rutgers, but I do know the definition of "Final" and "Preseason".

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Outside of Arkansas and UL I still don't see a team we shouldn't at least be a pick 'em with.

Yeah other than a week from Thursday when they go to USF. You know, just their first legitimate game of the year.

As football outsiders put it today, Rutgers has a lot of work to do to get out of September with a winning record.

Reaction Score
On to Howard I guess. Do they even have 63 scholarships?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because South Florida looked so dominant against CHATTANOOGA.

They didn't but they are home and will be favored over Rutgers. I don't know if after scraping past Tulane if I'd be critical of other's wins.

Reaction Score
To this point in their history, RU has been all sizzle and no substance. They dominate in just about everything that doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom