Final Preseason Big East projection | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final Preseason Big East projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And you know he's going to be the best in the league based on.........what?

Reaction Score

The same reason you guys think Hamilton is going to be a stud. And the same reason why people were singing songs on youtube about Savon Huggins.

Homerism coupled with recruiting credentials. Whitmer was a 4* coming out of HS.

Mind you........I don't subscribe to this type of lunacy, but it exists in every fan base.

Reaction Score
Where is Al, by the way? I miss his crazy projections...and I loved the time he welcomed the Big 10 to the Rutgers Conference!

Reaction Score
Louisville: 9-3, 5-2
Cincinnati 9-3, 5-2
South Florida: 8-4, 4-3
Rutgers: 8-4, 4-3
UConn: 7-5, 3-4
Syracuse 6-6, 3-4
Pittsburgh: 6-6, 3-4
Temple: 4-7, 1-6

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
2012 Big East Predictions:
1. Rutgers: [11-1] (6-1)
... Wins: @Tulane, Howard, @USF, @Arkansas, Connecticut, Syracuse, @Temple, Kent St, Army, @Pittsburgh, Louisville
... Losses: @Cincinnati

2. Louisville: [11-1] (6-1)
... Wins: Kentucky, Missouri St, North Carolina, @Florida International, @Southern Miss, @Pittsburgh, USF, Cincinnati, Temple, @Syracuse, Connecticut
... Losses: @Rutgers

3. Cincinnati: [9-3] (5-2)
... Wins: Pittsburgh, Delaware St, Miami (Ohio), Fordham, @Toledo, Syracuse, @Temple, Rutgers, USF
... Losses: Virginia Tech, @Louisville, @Connecticut

4. USF: [9-3] (4-3)
... Wins: Chattanooga, @Nevada, @Ball St, Florida St, @Temple, Syracuse, Connecticut, @Miami (Fla.), Pittsburgh
... Losses: Rutgers, @Louisville, @Cincinnati

5. Connecticut: [8-4] (4-3)
... Wins: Massachusetts, @Maryland, @Western Michigan, Buffalo, Temple, @Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
... Losses: North Carolina State, @Rutgers, @USF, @Louisville

6. Pittsburgh: [6-6] (2-5)
... Wins: Youngstown St, Gardner-Webb, @Syracuse, @Buffalo, Temple, @Notre Dame
... Losses: @Cincinnati, Virginia Tech, Louisville, @Connecticut, Rutgers, @USF

7. Temple: [4-7] (1-6)
... Wins: Villanova, Maryland, @Army, Syracuse
... Losses: @Penn St, USF, @Connecticut, Rutgers, @Pittsburgh, @Louisville, Cincinnati

8. Syracuse: [2-10] (0-7)
... Wins: Stony Brook, @Minnesota
... Losses: Northwestern, USC, Pittsburgh, @Rutgers, Connecticut, @USF, @Cincinnati, Louisville, @Missouri, @Temple

Reaction Score
2012 Big East Predictions:
1. Rutgers: [11-1] (6-1)
... Wins: @Tulane, Howard, @USF, @Arkansas, Connecticut, Syracuse, @Temple, Kent St, Army, @Pittsburgh, Louisville
... Losses: @Cincinnati

2. Louisville: [11-1] (6-1)
... Wins: Kentucky, Missouri St, North Carolina, @Florida International, @Southern Miss, @Pittsburgh, USF, Cincinnati, Temple, @Syracuse, Connecticut
... Losses: @Rutgers

3. Cincinnati: [9-3] (5-2)
... Wins: Pittsburgh, Delaware St, Miami (Ohio), Fordham, @Toledo, Syracuse, @Temple, Rutgers, USF
... Losses: Virginia Tech, @Louisville, @Connecticut

4. USF: [9-3] (4-3)
... Wins: Chattanooga, @Nevada, @Ball St, Florida St, @Temple, Syracuse, Connecticut, @Miami (Fla.), Pittsburgh
... Losses: Rutgers, @Louisville, @Cincinnati

5. Connecticut: [8-4] (4-3)
... Wins: Massachusetts, @Maryland, @Western Michigan, Buffalo, Temple, @Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
... Losses: North Carolina State, @Rutgers, @USF, @Louisville

6. Pittsburgh: [6-6] (2-5)
... Wins: Youngstown St, Gardner-Webb, @Syracuse, @Buffalo, Temple, @Notre Dame
... Losses: @Cincinnati, Virginia Tech, Louisville, @Connecticut, Rutgers, @USF

7. Temple: [4-7] (1-6)
... Wins: Villanova, Maryland, @Army, Syracuse
... Losses: @Penn St, USF, @Connecticut, Rutgers, @Pittsburgh, @Louisville, Cincinnati

8. Syracuse: [2-10] (0-7)
... Wins: Stony Brook, @Minnesota
... Losses: Northwestern, USC, Pittsburgh, @Rutgers, Connecticut, @USF, @Cincinnati, Louisville, @Missouri, @Temple

Is this AL's alias?

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
nope... :D

We should be REALLY good on defense this year and our offense finally has a shot to break out for the first time since 2008... BTW Athlon rates our WRs, DBs and LBs #20, #14, #12 in the nation this year... Couple that with much improved DL, OL, RBs and QB and we have a great shot at a better then 2006 type season with a BCS bowl at the end!!! :) Many of us are VERY optimistic about this season!!! :D

Reaction Score
1- Louisville 10-2
2- Uconn 10-2 (losses to Louisville & Cincy)
3- Cincinatti 8-4
4- USF 8-4 (the loss to Cincy puts them into 4th)
5- Rutgers 7-5
6-Syracuse 6-6
7-Pitt 5-7
8-Temple 4-8

Reaction Score

Perfect history, goes to school that changes to mobile QB set up (kind of like Nebrich in reverse), competes as Fr. for job and doesn't get it and sees wants chance for pro set offense and goes for it in Junior College, big hit in JC and decides to go to best FB program in North East with head coach with most wins in BE (smart choice and gets best coaching in the conference).
And most importantly, beat out a RS Senior who started because he produced for 12 games last year and had most yardage passing since the big O; and who had a great pre season but was just plain beat out.

Helps that the bar is pretty low.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Did he really pick Rutgers to win at Arkansas?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Oh, you didn't read his tagline? The one that said, "Beware, the Sleeping Giant is waking!!!"??

What he failed to state is that the "Giant" has been sleeping for about 100 years. He is apparently the Rip Van Winkle of giants. HOW THE HELL DID THIS SUDDENLY TURN INTO THE RUTGERS BOARD??? I know that UConn fans are fascinating as hell, but wow, we attract a lot of types, don't we? :eek:

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
You know, even if he is from Rutgers, I want him to win OOC.

Uconn first, BE second.

Even if it is Rutgers... :eek:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You know, even if he is from Rutgers, I want him to win OOC.

Uconn first, BE second.

Even if it is Rutgers... :eek:

I agree, but it was starting to get a little "un-nerving" to see every other post was typed by an RU fan. It's kind of like being on an Oklahoma chat board and seeing a lot of OSU Stillwater traffic...

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I agree, but it was starting to get a little "un-nerving" to see every other post was typed by an RU fan. It's kind of like being on an Oklahoma chat board and seeing a lot of OSU Stillwater traffic...
Oh, I hear ya...

but it's also nice to know that we are that important to them...

Reaction Score
Oh, I hear ya...

but it's also nice to know that we are that important to them...
Solo, did you get the memo? You're going to have to change your handle. The "Pope" has decreed that only "Blue" Solo Cups are allowed in the parking lots of the Rent. (With apologies to Toby Keith);)

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Solo, did you get the memo? You're going to have to change your handle. The "Pope" has decreed that only "Blue" Solo Cups are allowed in the parking lots of the Rent. (With apologies to Toby Keith);)

I did note that I drink from blue at the tailgates...

I have to change my pennants for the flagpole, I will be adding a blue solo cup standing, with a red on it's side... each with my name penned carefully...

Reaction Score
Connecticut has always been full of interesting people. It's a result of nothing being in the state.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Connecticut has always been full of interesting people. It's a result of nothing being in the state.

We have nothing, and you have Newark. Which one do you think I prefer? ;)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If Uconn offensive line melds together this team can be very good, but that is a big if.

I pick UConn going from a 10-2 team if all goes right to a 6-6 if everything goes bad. I am leaning towards the everything going right, if not there will be some calling of coach Pasqualoni's head

Reaction Score
Check out this piece of journalistic ummmm.... pride: http://www.onthebanks.com/2012/8/26/3269771/2012-big-east-conference-predictions (I deleted commentary on 2-7 for space considerations)
1. Rutgers Scarlet Knights: 9-3 (5-2) - Rutgers should be considerably better on offense despite the loss of receiver Mohamed Sanu. The skill position talent, owing to strong recent recruiting, is the strongest in the Big East. The offensive line is finally on the upswing again, and quarterback Gary Nova has firmly seized the starting job. Defensively, the Knights lose standout tackle Justin Francis, but return four or five of the best ten defensive players in the conference. If there's a question mark here, it stems from dealing with a brand new coaching staff. It remains to be seen how that plays out over time, but barring historic futility, any backsliding is more likely to be gradual than immediate.
2. Louisville Cardinals: 9-3 (5-2)
3. South Florida Bulls: 8-4 (4-3)
4. Cincinnati Bearcats: 8-4 (4-3)
5. Pittsburgh Panthers: 7-5 (4-3)
6. Temple Owls: 6-5 (3-4)
7. Syracuse Orange: 4-8 (2-5)
8. Connecticut Huskies: 4-8 (1-6) - How, how, how does everyone in the media not see this program for the profound trainwreck they are turning into? The emperor has no clothes! The emperor has no clothes! Is it that Randy Edsall and Maryland (they play this year! fun!) are making the Huskies look competent in comparison? Paul Pasqualoni badly mismanaged his offense last season, choosing to grab one or two additional wins with the horrid Johnny McEntee instead of throwing one of their younger freshmen into the fire. It should come as little surprise that Michael Nebrich transferred come the fall. That might have more to do with JUCO signee Chandler Whitmer, but really, is there any reason to expect that even with big upgrades at QB and WR, UConn won't have the worst players in the conference at those positions by a considerable margin? Now the bounty that Edsall left on the OL and defense has thinned, and although they may extract a measure of revenge against the Terps, there is seemingly little otherwise that will bring joy to what is certain to be a downright miserable season. Pasqualoni and George DeLeone are dragging this program back to the stone ages, and the disgraceful, inexcusable, indefensible hire of Coach P out of the doldrums continues to look worse by the day. That only makes Rutgers not taking the UConn game last season look even worse in retrospect, but it won't matter now with how bad these guys are going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom