Final 8 Teams in Consideration for the Tournament | The Boneyard

Final 8 Teams in Consideration for the Tournament

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The final eight teams in consideration for the #ncaaW Tournament.
Arkansas
Auburn
Indiana
Ohio
Princeton
Tennessee
TCU
UCF

Who do you think makes the tournament?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Princeton just secured the auto-bid, so that means 4 of the remaining 7 teams will make it:

My predictions:
Auburn​
Indiana​
Ohio​
Tennessee​

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Princeton is in since they won the Ivy League Tournament. My other guesses are UCF, Tennessee and Auburn.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tweet from TCU

Why TCU

1552859740601.png

Reaction Score
Princeton just secured the auto-bid, so that means 4 of the remaining 7 teams will make it:

My predictions:
Auburn​
Indiana​
Ohio​
Tennessee​
Creme had UCF in, not on the bubble. Case for UCF vs Ohio/Tenn?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Creme had UCF in, not on the bubble. Case for UCF vs Ohio/Tenn?
UCF:
Pros: Very high RPI (#15); only one bad loss (Tulane).
Cons: Only one RPI top 50 win (Quinnipiac), and no wins over at-large-caliber teams.

Ohio:
Pros: Four wins over RPI top 50, including road wins at Central Michigan and Buffalo; no sub-100 losses.
Cons: Bad nonconference schedule (#270).

Tennessee:
Pros: 5 RPI top 50 wins (and 5 wins over at-large-caliber teams, more than any other bubble team except Indiana).
Cons: Bad losses to Vanderbilt and Alabama.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They will definitely let Tennessee in whether they deserve it or not.
Agree 100%...Pat's Legacy MUST live on (in the Committee's eyes, not mine)!!!!

And on a side note...after watching quite a few non P5 tournaments this week, there seems to be a lot of teams out there that play pretty good basketball and they can't help it if they aren't in a P5 league. Instead of giving 5, 6 or 7 bids to the P5 leagues, put more of these teams in.
What's the difference if TN gets blown out by 40 in the first round or someone from a lesser league does????

Reaction Score
Given that UCF is on the committee's bubble my question is who is the team that is a definitely in that isn't in Creme's Last 4 In or First 2 Out?

You would think 1 of his next 6 (listed below) but given they added a school he didn't have (Princeton) who knows.
  1. Virginia Tech
  2. Southern California
  3. Saint Mary's (CA)
  4. James Madison
  5. West Virginia
  6. Miami (OH)
Virginia Tech?

Reaction Score
Almost none of the information presented in that graphic is relevant to the selection procedure.

For the sake of the AAC, I should be rooting for UCF to make the tourney. We could really use a 2nd team, so the conference doesn't appear quite so weak. But I just can't make myself root for anything good to happen to that team, no matter what.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Given that UCF is on the committee's bubble my question is who is the team that is a definitely in that isn't in Creme's Last 4 In or First 2 Out?

You would think 1 of his next 6 (listed below) but given they added a school he didn't have (Princeton) who knows.
  1. Virginia Tech
  2. Southern California
  3. Saint Mary's (CA)
  4. James Madison
  5. West Virginia
  6. Miami (OH)
Virginia Tech?
I'm not following your premise.

Creme's "last 4 in / last 4 out" was:
Indiana, Auburn, Tennessee, Ohio / TCU, Arkansas, Virginia Tech, USC

But of course, this was *before* Missouri State "stole" a bid. This would move Creme's cut line to the left:
__[UCF/Kansas State]__, Indiana, Auburn, Tennessee / Ohio, TCU, Arkansas, Virginia Tech

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mechelle Voepel Tweet.

No, the Ivy bid is automatic. There are still 4 at-large bids for these 7 teams. It just means that if Princeton had lost the Ivy final, the Tigers would have been in mix for at-large.

The 7 teams in the Bottom 8, will be competing for 4 slots in the tournament.

Reaction Score
I'm not following your premise.

Creme's "last 4 in / last 4 out" was:
Indiana, Auburn, Tennessee, Ohio / TCU, Arkansas, Virginia Tech, USC

But of course, this was *before* Missouri State "stole" a bid. This would move Creme's cut line to the left:
__[UCF/Kansas State]__, Indiana, Auburn, Tennessee / Ohio, TCU, Arkansas, Virginia Tech

The committee announced after Missouri St won but before Princeton won.

So the answer is Missouri St. Makes sense but I am a little disappointed that some intrigue has been taken away.

Reaction Score
They will definitely let Tennessee in whether they deserve it or not.
That's not the point: right now, based on the criteria the committee has traditionally used for selection, they should be (and probably are) in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would say
  1. Tenn
  2. Ohio
  3. Aub
that last one is hard. All those teams are pretty weak. Probably Indiana or UCF

Plebe

Reaction Score
I would say
  1. Tenn
  2. Ohio
  3. Aub
that last one is hard. All those teams are pretty weak. Probably Indiana or UCF
Indiana gets the nod over the others IMO.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
To be fair play games the day before the tournament against each other and those bubble teams that beat each other are the final seeds and play the top team in each region.

Reaction Score
To be fair play games the day before the tournament against each other and those bubble teams that beat each other are the final seeds and play the top team in each region.

No. The tournament doesn't need more games. And no, that would not be fair to the #1 seeds. Would you rather play UCF or Abilene Christian?

Plebe

Reaction Score
5 top 50 wins, but only 1 on the road and losses to 6 teams not in the tourney -- that's a lot
Yes it is, but a top-10 win over Iowa goes a long way. I think they get in over UCF, Arkansas and TCU.

But yeah, it just depends on the subjective weighting of bad losses vs. quality wins, as compared to other teams with fewer quality wins and fewer bad losses.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I want to see UCF beat up a highly ranked team from another conference. Since today is St. Patrick's Day, let me pick a team with Irish flavor. :D

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I’m just gonna go with

Arkansas
Indiana
UCF
Ohio

Don’t count out Arkansas. The committee likes the word “momentum” and the razorbacks havethat. I think UCF is in. I think Indiana is in as well. I think Tennessee is last one in or 1st out. I’m guessing the legacy of Pat Summitt will keep them in the field. IMO

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if the Committee leaves out Tennessee and includes UCF. Nothing to do with basketball performance this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom