FIBA U18 Women Americas - USA vs Puerto Rico Fri Aug 3 - 7:30 pm edt | Page 4 | The Boneyard

FIBA U18 Women Americas - USA vs Puerto Rico Fri Aug 3 - 7:30 pm edt

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"The 6-foot-7 center from Liberty Hill had been playing for the United States U18 team at the FIBA Americas championship. She broke her tibia and fibula during a game against Puerto Rico, her mother, Tambra Prince, said Saturday morning.

Prince will miss the upcoming season and hopes to return in time for the 2019-20 campaign. She will still have four years of eligibility with the Longhorns.

Prince was playing defense when she fell without contact in the game against Puerto Rico. She was taken to a hospital in Mexico City. Tambra Prince said her daughter will have surgery to insert a rod in her leg."

Texas freshman Sedona Prince to miss basketball season with broken leg | Hookem.com

What to say. Wretched injury to a good kid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Both bones broken--yikes! I'm glad she can wait until she returns to Texas for the surgery.

Reaction Score
Thanks Pup for the information. I was hoping someone would provide us with an update as to her condition. I was watching the game live as it happened. I was hoping it was a minor sprain. The way she was writhing in pain caused me to lose hope rather quickly. MSGRET called it immediately.

He must have a medical background to be able to call it correctly watching on TV. I was hoping he was wrong. I was sickened by her injury, and lost interest in the game at that point. :( I'm still upset. I didn't want to see any of our girls get injured, especially a broken bone. Hopefully no one else suffers an injury the remainder of the tournament. Let's get these last 3 games, and bring back a gold medal for Sedona.

I watched a short video where both ONO and Prince dunked prior to the game. I thought Prince landed on that leg a little hard. ONO's landing seemed much softer. I wondered if perhaps she had weakened the bone and the hard landing later finished it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I watched a short video where both ONO and Prince dunked prior to the game. I thought Prince landed on that leg a little hard. ONO's landing seemed much softer. I wondered if perhaps she had weakened the bone and the hard landing later finished it.

It happens. My son broke his leg in two places the second day of school his sophomore year (HS) during an unofficial shoot around in the gym after school. No One was within 5 feet of him. His bones just gave out, and he was done for the year.

It took him 18 months before he was back to normal. He only had hospital rehabilitation personnel to get him bach to normal. He went on to play and start for a D1 college basketball team without further injury or complications.

Prince will have the team trainers working with her daily, once she is released by the doctors to begin rehab, which should get her back on the court 100% when practice begins next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom