Federal Cafe in Hartford closing???? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Federal Cafe in Hartford closing????

Reaction Score
Alright, I need help now with my memory. Either 94 or 95, less than a half hour after a big win, sports bar right next to the Civic Center. Donny and Rudy standing out on a small dance floor, Ollie holding court at the bar. Place was packed, I don't think it was the Russian Lady, think it had a sports type name, but maybe it was? Always thought it was strange that they'd be out right after the game, assuming the rest of the guys went back to campus...

It was Challengers before it became Coach's. It's now The Tavern Downtown.

Reaction Score
It was Challengers before it became Coach's. It's now The Tavern Downtown.
Yup, I was going to say Challenges or Challengers. On the back side of the Civic Center on Ann Street. Spent lots of time there. When they opened I remember we thought it was so cool that each booth had its only little TV that you could watch whatever you wanted.

Reaction Score
Alright, I need help now with my memory. Either 94 or 95, less than a half hour after a big win, sports bar right next to the Civic Center. Donny and Rudy standing out on a small dance floor, Ollie holding court at the bar. Place was packed, I don't think it was the Russian Lady, think it had a sports type name, but maybe it was? Always thought it was strange that they'd be out right after the game, assuming the rest of the guys went back to campus...

Challengers?

C

Chief00

Challengers?
Jim was a student of Red Auerbach. Red believed players should celebrate wins because that way their brain would want to win even more the next time - to celebrate again. It was no different with the head coach. He would celebrate wins in Hartford and have a dinner and beverage with family and friends. George would take the lead going back to Storrs on the bus. It wasn’t unusual, especially for upper classmen, not to take the bus back. Calhoun worked the players hard but off the court did give them freedoms.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom