February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Defensively she is behind where her offense is. She is very mobile and has two more years of HS ball.

She moves very well. What is promising is that she plays with some really talented team mates (other than Bueckers) and a very good coach. Hopkins plays a fairly sophisticated offense for a HS team. She may not need to be a junior to be ready for college competition. At least we know she can work a pick and roll. There's 2 more years to get stronger and more skilled. She may end up a better power forward.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/14

Kayla McPherson: 23 points

Jersey Wolfenbarger: 22 points

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Iriafen (pronounced Ere-ee-off-en) was under the tutelage of the twins when she was a freshman. Now she is the undisputed focal point, averaging more than 20 points and 15 rebounds per game.

But it’s more than just scoring and rebounding, Iriafen said.

“The biggest thing I learned from [the twins] was hard work and leadership — and I need to bring that to practice every day,” she said. “Playing with them my freshman year, they really demanded that everyone worked their hardest, so I tried to do that in practice as well.

“I define hard work as coming to practice every day being emotionally and mentally ready, even if I had a bad day at school. I don’t let (that kind of negativity) come into the practice. Leadership is being someone my teammates can rely on, and someone [to whom] they can ask questions.”

Reaction Score
I saw the earlier Wayzata game. They are tough. But Hopkins is really, really good.

Hopkins is loaded and most of their best players are still underclassmen.

Next week they play another team that gave them a tough game earlier, St Michael-Albertville. STMA had an unconcious half of 3 pt shooting in their earlier game this season. That game will be streamed live by CCX Media. They have a Youtube channel and are also a Roku channel.

Game is Tues. 2-18-20 at 8:00pm EST.

Reaction Score

Apparently there's a difference of opinion:

High School Sports Network

21 subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
The #1 Hopkins Royals lead by top recruit #PaigeBueckers who had another Monster game with 27 points, 12 assists, 5 steals, and 4 rebounds was all over the floor. Wayzata lead by Senior Guard #MaraBraun # 10 lead all scorers with 29 points.

But a fabulous line in either case. ;)

Reaction Score
Watch this move by Fudd!! I swear I saw Bueckers use the same move in a recent video highlight.

If UConn were to be lucky enough to sign her UConn fans would be double blessed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Watch this move by Fudd!! I swear I saw Bueckers use the same move in a recent video highlight.

If UConn were to be lucky enough to sign her UConn fans would be double blessed.

Azzi & Paige probably have some kind of competition going on, where they watch each other’s videos and then play a long distance game of H.O.R.S.E.

This video was Azzi matching Paige’s triple-jab step, ankle-breaking, base-line jumper shot. :cool:

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What a joke! Another instance in which a little common sense would have gone a long way.
This is monumentally STUPID! My daughter’s team played in this tournament and they had the time of their lives. Just another example of adults screwing up thinks for kids.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This is monumentally STUPID! My daughter’s team played in this tournament and they had the time of their lives. Just another example of adults screwing up thinks for kids.
I've never quite understood Minnesota's reasoning behind both denying these kids the opportunity to distinguish themselves on a national stage, and the chance to promote Minnesota basketball. It's beyond my ken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom