February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I’m in the Valley of the Sun for the wild Waste Management Phoenix Open—200K spectators on a golf course?? It’s like playing golf on Bourbon Street!

I hope to see ASU v. UCLA tomorrow.

When I get home, I hope to see Mir on the 7th and Saylor on the 11th. I’ll check Azzi’s schedule too.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It’s a new month!

To answer HopJim’s question, I think Rivers may be an excellent defender.
To expand on that answer. At the guard position Rivers is an elite defender. 2nd best guard defender in the class is Bigby who is headed to Oregon. Third best guard defender is probably McPherson although she is on the shorter side at 5’6ish. @HopJim assumes all these names would go elsewhere so if I had to pick a defender that can be a stopper for UCONN I'd pick Dominique Darius.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I’m in the Valley of the Sun for the wild Waste Management Phoenix Open—200K spectators on a golf course?? It’s like playing golf on Bourbon Street!

When I get home, I hope to see Mir on the 7th and Saylor on the 11th. I’ll check Azzi’s schedule too.
If you sent me a postcard from every place you've been just this year alone you'd be broke.

Reaction Score

Shoot me a PM if you're going to get to the ASU game tomorrow. I'm doing GA - suspect only 3,000-4,000 will be there, especially since it's Super Bowl Sunday. If their Oregon game a couple weeks ago is any indication, should be able to get just as low or lower with GA than the reserved seats that are left (and that's getting there 10 minutes before game time).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Shoot me a PM if you're going to get to the ASU game tomorrow. I'm doing GA - suspect only 3,000-4,000 will be there, especially since it's Super Bowl Sunday. If their Oregon game a couple weeks ago is any indication, should be able to get just as low or lower with GA than the reserved seats that are left (and that's getting there 10 minutes before game time).
I just messaged you.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/30

Jillian Hollingshead: 16 points, 7 rebounds

2/1

Talia Von Oelhoffen: 19 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals

KK Bransford: 26 points

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Greetings to Saylor from Milford in the Valley of the Sun! I’ll be in Middletown next week.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sunday's (2/2) action:

I love Azzi's game. I saw her drop 38 in the D.C. City Championship game last year. She has very nice moves to the hoop, including an outstanding left-handed scoop shot. She also has a world-class 3-point shot. But perhaps her biggest money-maker is a pull-up at the FT line. She's nearly unstoppable.

In addition, Azzi is a very strong student, and, from many reports, "the sweetest kid around." She would be a huge recruiting coup. She needs to play with Paige! :)

Reaction Score
I love Azzi's game. I saw her drop 38 in the D.C. City Championship game last year. She has very nice moves to the hoop, including an outstanding left-handed scoop shot. She also has a world-class 3-point shot. But perhaps her biggest money-maker is a pull-up at the FT line. She's nearly unstoppable.

In addition, Azzi is a very strong student, and, from many reports, "the sweetest kid around." She would be a huge recruiting coup. She needs to play with Paige! :)
Both she and Bueckers have that quick pull up and the UConn offense is perfectly suited for both of them to own that foul line area.

Reaction Score
Now Ice just needs to learn the run and dive for the ball after the block like a true husky. With time....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

...and Paige needs to play with her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just checked—Saylor’s team doesn’t play again until Friday. Azzi has a game tomorrow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom