February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I may switch from Saylor’s game on Tuesday to Azzi’s game. Azzi is in my hometown tonight, but alas, I’m in Phoenix.
Ah the weather of Phoenix? 72 and sunny every day. Poor thing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Figuring out actual height on basketball players is a losing battle. Ducharme is listed at 5-11 by ESPN but 6-1 by Prospects Nation. Fudd and Bueckers get listed the same height but look at any video or pic of them together and it's clear Paige is a couple inches taller.
I need a selfie with Azzi for comparison. Or Paige.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
More impressive than Iriafen’s stat line was how she did it, as she also guarded Washington-bound wing Alexis Whitfield of Chaminade.

“I worked all week on having quick feet so I could stay in front of her,” Iriafen said.

On the first play of the fourth quarter, Iriafen slid in front of Whitfield’s attempted drive to the basket and then blocked her shot. Iriafen’s performance was impressive, especially for a 6-foot-3 center. Whitfield had just nine points in the game, well below her season average.

Iriafen is ranked as one of the top junior prospects in the country. UCLA and UConn each had representatives at Tuesday’s game to watch.

Iriafen is new to the game of basketball, only playing it for three years competitively. The budding superstar is still learning much about the game. Yet, her body control, soft hands and athleticism could make her a McDonald’s All-American next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno at Azzi Fudd's game Tuesday 2/4:

The game was AT Ireton. I would have been there if I had been home. Ireton is 1.5 miles from home.

Congrats to Azzi and SJC on the win.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
More impressive than Iriafen’s stat line was how she did it, as she also guarded Washington-bound wing Alexis Whitfield of Chaminade.

“I worked all week on having quick feet so I could stay in front of her,” Iriafen said.

On the first play of the fourth quarter, Iriafen slid in front of Whitfield’s attempted drive to the basket and then blocked her shot. Iriafen’s performance was impressive, especially for a 6-foot-3 center. Whitfield had just nine points in the game, well below her season average.

Iriafen is ranked as one of the top junior prospects in the country. UCLA and UConn each had representatives at Tuesday’s game to watch.

Iriafen is new to the game of basketball, only playing it for three years competitively. The budding superstar is still learning much about the game. Yet, her body control, soft hands and athleticism could make her a McDonald’s All-American next year.

Do we know who from UCONN was at Iriafen’s game?

Reaction Score
Do we know who from UCONN was at Iriafen’s game?
Probably CD or Shea, I doubt that Jamelle would take on a very big role in recruiting considering she is only there temporarily.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Probably CD or Shea, I doubt that Jamelle would take on a very big role in recruiting considering she is only there temporarily.
I could have discern that myself. My precise reason for asking is there is potentially a huge difference in UCONN interest. If it was Shea then UCONN is likely still evaluating. If it was CD then UCONN has likely completed the evaluation and is closer to deciding if an offer should be extend.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards did not make the Canadian senior team that will play in the pre-Olympic qualifying tourney this weekend. Hat tip to Stoli for the info.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess you can't argue with the 5 forwards/posts going. Still, a bit of a bummer.

Reaction Score
McCormick rates Maggie Mendelson, a 6-5 center, 4th overall in 2023. She is a highschool teammate of Timea Gardiner. UConn has visited their practices.
Sheesh. I think they also have a top-60 6-4 post player in 2021.

6-6 Aalyah Del Rosario is also intriguing, another Brazillian post player. She attends Trenton Catholic in NJ.

I’m sure she’s a little raw, but appears pretty agile:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Always nice to have new recruiting lists, thanks.

McCormick has Isuneh Brady #2 behind Betts in 2022.

All known POI:

1-Betts
3-Gardiner
4-Barker
5-Rice
9-Bransford
11-Jones
12-Jackson
24-Bollin
34-Wenzel
35-Bates
My girl Jaelyn!! She's playing without glasses this year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jonathan Hemingway's vote for the Naismith semi-finalists included Paige Bueckers:

Paige Bueckers – Hopkins HS (Minnetonka, Minn.), 2020 – SIGNED Connecticut

Bueckers brings a unique style and flair with her game. Typically one might believe that a player that plays with extra pizazz to have efficiency issues. Not the case with the 5-foot-11 guard. Her skills are impeccable. She is a perfect fit for Geno Auriemma’s offensive system. She is capable of making plays at multiple perimeter positions on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom