February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Discussions on the topic of player appearance rules/standards tend to go downhill quickly.

I will say, however, if she does keep them, it will be a huge indication of a change in Geno and CD's stance on being uniform.
The one thing I am reasonably certain of is that whatever the decision on Aaliyah’s braids, that discussion likely took place prior to her signing her NLI. Personally, I’m hoping Geno & CD have broadened their opinions on what constitutes acceptable player appearance. Also, I admit I like Aaliyah’s braids.

Reaction Score
The one thing I am reasonably certain of is that whatever the decision on Aaliyah’s braids, that discussion likely took place prior to her signing her NLI. Personally, I’m hoping Geno & CD have broadened their opinions on what constitutes acceptable player appearance. Also, I admit I like Aaliyah’s braids.
Me too - I have seen them in person and think they’re awesome!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I believe she has said her braids are colored to honor her little brother. I am sure this will pose no problem.

Edit. Some research on this issue

She is known by her signature hairstyle with her purple and yellow braids, which pays homage to the Lakers and more importantly her idol, Kobe Bryant. With her ‘mamba mentality’, she has proven many people wrong, including CROWN, that she not only need to considered among the best in the 2020 Class, but her drive and determination would leave little doubt that she deserved to be at the top.

I think her hairstyle is safe. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Iriafen doesn't talk recruiting and hasn't mentioned interest in any school.

She has been super quiet about her recruitment and it will be interesting to see how it all pans out! She has visited Stanford (along with Citron, Von Oelhoffen, Ducharme, Olivia Miles, Kampshroeder, and Akunwafo). If she stays on the west coast, looking like it will likely be between UCLA and Stanford.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No mention of UConn in this new article on Jersey Wolfenbarger:

Wolfenbarger has over 30 offers from schools such as Oregon, Oregon State, Baylor, Florida, Mississippi State, Texas, Miami, Notre Dame and Southern California, but is not thinking about recruiting until the season is over.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/25 playoffs

Ashlon Jackson: 31 points, 11 rebounds, had 27 by halftime

Jillian Hollingshead: 17 points, 9 rebounds

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
2CEFE7A4-06CA-425A-9905-923A44256112.jpeg

Saylor had a huge night tonight. :oops:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
No mention of UConn in this new article on Jersey Wolfenbarger:

Wolfenbarger has over 30 offers from schools such as Oregon, Oregon State, Baylor, Florida, Mississippi State, Texas, Miami, Notre Dame and Southern California, but is not thinking about recruiting until the season is over.

Arkansas has a great shot at her.

By the way, how tall is she really? I've seen her mentioned anywhere from 6'1 to 6'4. I guess we won't really know until she steps on a college campus. Kinda like LeLe Grissett for SC... listed as 6'0 by most recruiting sites when she actually showed up on campus around 6'2/6'3.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
By the way, how tall is she really? I've seen her mentioned anywhere from 6'1 to 6'4. I guess we won't really know until she steps on a college campus. Kinda like LeLe Grissett for SC... listed as 6'0 by most recruiting sites when she actually showed up on campus around 6'2/6'3.

She looks closer to 6'4, but then her skinny frame makes her look tall anyway.

Reaction Score
She has been super quiet about her recruitment and it will be interesting to see how it all pans out! She has visited Stanford (along with Citron, Von Oelhoffen, Ducharme, Olivia Miles, Kampshroeder, and Akunwafo). If she stays on the west coast, looking like it will likely be between UCLA and Stanford.
Stamford

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
should ne noted that 4 of the 5 starters on the opposing team quit about 2 weeks ago and then the coach was let go
Eek! So Middletown was playing a decimated team.

But the opponent--at full strength--hadn't lost in the county in 2.5 years. So it's hard to gauge how good the opponent was last night.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
very decimated..and they are currently 3x defending state champs..I referee in the area
Is it public knowledge why the players quit? Three time defending state champs and four of the five quit. Makes almost anyone wonder.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is it public knowledge why the players quit? Three time defending state champs and four of the five quit. Makes almost anyone wonder.
Neither Frederick’s acting HC or the school AD are answering any questions on the subject. They are referring all questions to the Frederick County Public Schools Executive Director for Public Affairs.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
2/25
2022 Ashlon Jackson's 31-point performance included seven 3's, six in the first half.
Really starting to like this player for UCONN in '22 especially if UCONN doesn't sign another guard to go along with Azzi in '21. Great attitude & perspective on academics ,basketball, family & UCONN is her first choice. With Charli Collier in her ear, she might be a tough pull away from Texas though.

Last edited:

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Neither Frederick’s acting HC or the school AD are answering any questions on the subject. They are referring all questions to the Frederick County Public Schools Executive Director for Public Affairs.
sounds like a heluva story, if it ever comes out. i'd guess the kids deserve kudos, though

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/26

Paige Bueckers sat out tonight's playoff opener for Hopkins. They led by 44 at halftime anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom