February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd’s St Johns just lost to Bishop McNamara in the WCAC semis. She did not have a good shooting game but it was an amazing feat for her to get her team to the semis and she still not 100%.

Reaction Score
I would expect Shea to stay home with a newborn. View this as a positive, not negative, for her personally. That said, never have felt the head coach in any college sport does all the recruiting. UConn's dip in recruiting aligns with their turnover in assistant coaches. Diversity comes in many packages and having a young coach can be a good thing.
Agree with you. For example, ND recruting changed with Ivy stepping in 8 years ago and final fours happened. Recruits want a younger coach that they can identify and social media touches as Shea is in forties and has baby can not travel and focus is Storrs.

Reaction Score
I think the kids these days want both. They want a youngish assistant who "gets" them but they also want the "helicopter" parent replacement since they are leaving home for the first time....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Agree with you. For example, ND recruting changed with Ivy stepping in 8 years ago and final fours happened. Recruits want a younger coach that they can identify and social media touches as Shea is in forties and has baby can not travel and focus is Storrs.
That's the second time you suggest or stated that Shea can't travel because of her baby. Why do you believe this to be true?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That's the second time you suggest or stated that Shea can't travel because of her baby. Why do you believe this to be true?
Some people wrongly believe babies are equivalent to

jimmy fallon lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd’s St Johns just lost to Bishop McNamara in the WCAC semis. She did not have a good shooting game but it was an amazing feat for her to get her team to the semis and she still not 100%.
I believe that ends Azzi's season. Last year, she played through the Catholic League championship, City championship, and GEICO Nationals. Best wishes to her on her knee!! Have a good off-season!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger highlights from Friday (2/21). Bonus points for spotting Milford Husky and Road Warrior.

We are the 2 handsome guys sitting together in the second level toward the right of the screen. :D

Those first 2 plays--steals--were as I described. Quick hands!!

The first 4 plays include 4 of her 8 steals and 2 layups by Saylor. The 5th shows one of her blocks.

She takes a break on the bench as the lead increases.

At 1:10 of the video, she snaps a no-look pass cross-court for a 3-pointer.

At 1:16, she rebounds in traffic, pushes the ball on the break, and throws a no-look pass for a layup. She must have been watching Paige lately! ;)

At 1:30, it's another steal and another layup--she makes layups--for Saylor.

V-E-R-S-A-T-I-L-I-T-Y!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think the kids these days want both. They want a youngish assistant who "gets" them but they also want the "helicopter" parent replacement since they are leaving home for the first time....

I am fine with the special kids who choose UConn because of Geno, CD and the program.
They are still out there.

Reaction Score
I believe that ends Azzi's season. Last year, she played through the Catholic League championship, City championship, and GEICO Nationals. Best wishes to her on her knee!! Have a good off-season!

They still have the DCSAA, they play the winner of Georgetown Visitation/ EL Haynes in 2/26. If they make it they might face Sidwell next Sunday at Smith Center

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Top-20 high school scorers in the nation includes two UConn targets:

McPherson leads the country with a 36.3 scoring average but also averages 7.0 assists, 7.1 rebounds and 6.0 steals per game. She scored 63 points in an 81-79 loss to Stephenson and has scored at least 40 in eight of her team's 22 games.

Reaction Score
Top-20 high school scorers in the nation includes two UConn targets:

McPherson leads the country with a 36.3 scoring average but also averages 7.0 assists, 7.1 rebounds and 6.0 steals per game. She scored 63 points in an 81-79 loss to Stephenson and has scored at least 40 in eight of her team's 22 games.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/n2zMN... them with social media or their game visits.

Reaction Score
Re the Aaliyah Edwards tweet...it shows that some young people just "get it." This young lady is one of those who certainly does. We are blessed to have her coming to UConn next year.
Will she be able to keep her 2-tone braids at UConn? (Is this poll-worthy, or just a hard “no”?)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Will she be able to keep her 2-tone braids at UConn? (Is this poll-worthy, or just a hard “no”?)

Discussions on the topic of player appearance rules/standards tend to go downhill quickly.

I will say, however, if she does keep them, it will be a huge indication of a change in Geno and CD's stance on being uniform.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom