10. Arizona (6)
  11. Tex (15)
  12. Okla (9)
  13. ND (14)
  14. Tenn (12)
  15. UNC (-)
  16. Iowa (-)
Dropped out: Indi (8), Ore (16)
The official postings today have LSU at 7 and UConn at 8 I think. No matter. What matters are the brackets whenever they come out. Who will be the number one in our bracket, that we must beat? And how tough will our first game be if we are a 3? In either case, you have to beat them all to win a championship. And that is the plan.

Reaction Score
That bowl game requirement is no longer. You routinely see teams with losing records in bowls now. Just last month we saw 5-7 Rutgers in the Gator Bowl. Hawaii also had a losing record and made a bowl game. Last year there were a whole bunch of teams with losing records in bowl games. Guessing there are just not enough big name teams with winning records to fill all the bowl slots.
I believe Rutgers was a ‘stand in’
For a team that opted not to play because of Covid.

Reaction Score
The committee made their own problem by coming up with the stupid rule about ignoring the S-curve abd moving teams to fit their other criteria. Well that and the apparent fact that they think the P5 schools should have all (or close to it) of the remaining slots. I have watched a ton of ACC, SEC, and Big10 games and think more than the top 4 at the most is a reach. I have not had the chance to see many Big12 teams or Pac12 games. Mostly was not real impressed by what I saw except for the top dogs. To what my eyes have see the Big East has 4 teams as good as a lot of those getting top 25 votes. I think Marquette was a long shot but still as good as at least 5 of the top 25 teams.

Reaction Score
Understood. My point above is that if you select Kentucky, Arkansas, and Missouri over Nova, Creighton, DePaul and Marquette, then it doesn't matter how good of a record of a team in a perceived weaker conf, they will never get selected.

Record is largely irrelevant since anyone can get a good record by playing bad teams. The overall resume is what matters.

DePaul's best non conference win was at Kentucky. They also have a win at Creighton. That's about it.
On the downside are losses to Texas A&M and Seton Hall,
That's pretty thin.

Which is not to say the other teams at the bottom dont also have very thin resumes. Those last 10 or so at-larges all have pretty weak cases.

Reaction Score
The committee made their own problem by coming up with the stupid rule about ignoring the S-curve abd moving teams to fit their other criteria. Well that and the apparent fact that they think the P5 schools should have all (or close to it) of the remaining slots. I have watched a ton of ACC, SEC, and Big10 games and think more than the top 4 at the most is a reach. I have not had the chance to see many Big12 teams or Pac12 games. Mostly was not real impressed by what I saw except for the top dogs. To what my eyes have see the Big East has 4 teams as good as a lot of those getting top 25 votes. I think Marquette was a long shot but still as good as at least 5 of the top 25 teams.
Why do none of the computers agree with you about Marquette? Do they have P-5 bias built into their algorithms?

Massey 65
NET 70
RPI 75
N Warren ELO 58

Your eyeball test is what you accuse the two “ biased” human polls of doing

Reaction Score
Creme keeps UConn out of the Bridgeport bracket again. CBS Sports said the same thing yesterday after the UConn game. Julianne Vianni, announcer for yesterday's game on CBSSN, made the point that it would be a major mistake.

Creme does not see what UConn is capable of. UConn should be a 2 seed right now.

If UConn is not in Bridgeport, there is going to be a lot of empty seats!! And a lot of egg of the face of the selection committee.

As an aside, have to give kudos to Poughkeepsie native Vianni. We Poughkeepsie peeps stick
Creme keeps UConn out of the Bridgeport bracket again. CBS Sports said the same thing yesterday after the UConn game. Julianne Vianni, announcer for yesterday's game on CBSSN, made the point that it would be a major mistake.

Creme does not see what UConn is capable of. UConn should be a 2 seed right now.

If UConn is not in Bridgeport, there is going to be a lot of empty seats!! And a lot of egg of the face of the selection committee.

As an aside, have to give kudos to Poughkeepsie native Vianni. We Poughkeepsie peeps stick together.
Hey, I'm an NFA grad. I got back to the days when your Pioneers' baseball and basketball coach was Sam Kalloch. Sam had a top-notch rebounder named Monty Stickles, who went on to bigger and better things as a footballer at Notre Dame and the 49ers

Reaction Score
Record is largely irrelevant since anyone can get a good record by playing bad teams. The overall resume is what matters.

DePaul's best non conference win was at Kentucky. They also have a win at Creighton. That's about it.
On the downside are losses to Texas A&M and Seton Hall,
That's pretty thin.

Which is not to say the other teams at the bottom dont also have very thin resumes. Those last 10 or so at-larges all have pretty weak cases.
Hickory's best win was over insignificant Terrahune yet they got into the big dance and went on to beat mighty South Bend and take home the big prize. The point where possible is everyone deserves an equal chance. That's where the "Power Five" has harmed college football and threatens to harm student athletes in other sports.

Reaction Score
UConn now ranked 5th in both NET & Massey, and 7th in both AP & Warren Nolan's ELO. ESPN's Michelle Voepel has UConn 7th & The Athletic's Chantelle Jennings 9th in their respective weekly rankings columns.

As I asserted in my initial 2/25 post within this thread (not the follow-up that still appears), I still think UConn ends up as the #2 seed in Wichita when the dust settles after conference tournament play.

Restating my argument: (1) The recent UConn bias allegation affecting media, recruiting, & national perception by a prominent WBB figure provided a spearhead for this notion that has gained traction apparent in follow-up such discussion, including on the #1 ranked team coach's podcast; (2) institutions like ESPN & the NCAA Committee are hyper-sensitive to such allegations & do not want to seem hamstrung by them, so my anticipation is that they are/will go out of their way to appear the opposite; (3) given player caliber/extent of UConn injuries & effect on its record, this is the year to have this UConn bias pendulum swing the other way to "disprove"; and (4) the most effective way of doing so is to remove UConn from the Bridgeport quadrant while still allowing the highest probability of having the 3 best teams on paper get to the Final Four (SC, Stanford, UConn). Since NC State has edged Louisville H2H & sits atop the ACC with a better overall record, I expect them to be the #1 seed in Bridgeport, sending Louisville to #1 in Wichita & a potential Elite 8 perennial titans season rematch.

Finally, three notable points in discussing anticipated Tournament draw:

1. ESPN owns & operates both the SEC & ACC Networks, so they have a vested interest in promoting both conferences. This may or may not influence Charlie Creme in putting 9 SEC teams & 8 ACC teams in his field. I personally think he is incrementally over-stating both at the expense of quality bubble teams in lesser conferences, e.g. Villanova;

2. Creme has not appeared to factor in Paige Bueckers absence nor return in his #3 UConn seeding in South Carolina's bracket. Yes, all teams have injuries, but this is the reigning NPOY & Top 5 player in ANY reasonable assessment. And UConn has suffered a litany of injuries on top of Paige, which has played into 4 of their losses. His oversight seems irresponsible, particularly given Committee seeding criteria clearly outlined within this thread;

3. Nolan's ELO rates UConn's old conference, the American AC, as better than the Big East, which seems counterintuitive & does not help the Huskies SOS optics. They are already fighting an uphill battle in this regard vis-a-vis elite Power 5 programs.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
What Kim Mulkey has done at LSU is noteworthy. A good team with a top coach like that is going to be trouble for someone.
She's done a great job; and, she has a lot of post-season experience under her belt. But, not many of the LSU players have played in the NCAA tourney, have they? I'm interested to see how they do in the SEC tournament this week.

Reaction Score
Hickory's best win was over insignificant Terrahune yet they got into the big dance and went on to beat mighty South Bend and take home the big prize. The point where possible is everyone deserves an equal chance. That's where the "Power Five" has harmed college football and threatens to harm student athletes in other sports.

I hope DePaul makes it.

But if doesn't, it will have no one to blame but itself.
  • Dont lose to a mediocre/crappy teams like Texas A&M and Seton Hall, and
  • Play better nonconference opponents than Texas Southern, Nicholls St, Northern Illinois, and Loyola.

Reaction Score
  1. So Carolina
  2. Stanford
  3. NC St
  4. Louisville
  5. Baylor
  6. Iowa St
  7. LSU
  8. Michigan
  9. UConn

10. Texas
  11. Arizona
  12. Maryland
  13. Tenn
  14. Iowa
  15. Indiana
  16. Okla

Reaction Score
She's done a great job; and, she has a lot of post-season experience under her belt. But, not many of the LSU players have played in the NCAA tourney, have they? I'm interested to see how they do in the SEC tournament this week.
They very well may do not great, LSU is without Alexis Morris again but she will be back for the NCAAT. That said they did beat Tennessee on the road and had a 15 point lead 5 minutes left in the game without her. So maybe they are more capable than I'm thinking?

LSU hasn't won a NCAAT game in 8 years though.... I am assuming they finally get it done at home this year.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I agree with Creme on Indiana. They simply doesn't have the resume to justify being put in the top 16. Only two Quad 1 wins. Cutting them a lot of slack for the Holmes injury, or maybe just the influence of inertia.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
UCONN the projected 3-seed in Greensboro.

NC State the top seed in Bridgeport, now with Iowa State, Maryland and Tennessee.

Reaction Score
NC: 1 SC / 8 Mich / 9 UConn / 16 Okla
WA: 2 Stan / 7 LSU / 10 Tex / 15 Ind
CT: 3 NC St / 6 Ia St / 12 Md / 13 Tenn
KS: 4 Lou / 5 Bay / 11 Ariz / 14 Iowa

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1646096659549.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics