Fear not my Husky Brethren | The Boneyard

Fear not my Husky Brethren

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, was last night pretty? No, it wasn’t. However there is no shame in losing on the road to a very talented and deep team.
In my view of the sheer number of games I have watched across all the P5 and other conferences: Without a doubt in my mind, Oregon is #1, SC is #2 an Baylor is #3. After that, I will take our team over anybody, anywhere, any day, any time!
All the other teams have more holes to fill than we do. We do have more scoring options and a decent defense to support us. We are still very young with really only Crystal in her roll for longer than a year. Meg was as supporting player last year and is still learning the mantra of how to handle being the focal point. The rest are developing albeit not at the pace we want but they are developing.
We need to instill that confidence for Anna, Aubrey and Liv to shoot with 100% conviction the shot is theirs to take and it will go in!
Let’s be the best fans we can be for these guys (and the coaches) to rally their confidence and have them be the attain their best as they can be!
Who’s with me?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We're not one of the top 3 teams in the country this year. Oh the humanity! (sarcasm) I don't see anyone stopping Oregon this year, so while I root for our Huskies to win every game, we're a championship-or-bust level program. We have the best coach on the planet, a talented roster, a great recruiting class, and the best fans in college basketball. Plus, I wouldn't count this year's team out. College basketball is crazy - look at Louisville beating the Griner-led Baylor team. Look at Napier and Boatright getting hot and going on a historic championship run. Let's congratulate SC and their fans on an excellently played game and get back to work.

Reaction Score
@DefenseBB, I'm with you in staying with this team and supporting their efforts to be the very best they can be. And yeah @GiladKatzDeli, that very best is not likely to be among the top 3 in the country this year. This isn't the normal state of affairs for UCConn WBB, but there it is. I can live with it for now. I root for a fair number of other teams across various sports and a bunch of them don't appear to be in the top three in their county. Such is the life of being a fan.

Reaction Score
So, was last night pretty? No, it wasn’t. However there is no shame in losing on the road to a very talented and deep team.
In my view of the sheer number of games I have watched across all the P5 and other conferences: Without a doubt in my mind, Oregon is #1, SC is #2 an Baylor is #3. After that, I will take our team over anybody, anywhere, any day, any time!
All the other teams have more holes to fill than we do. We do have more scoring options and a decent defense to support us. We are still very young with really only Crystal in her roll for longer than a year. Meg was as supporting player last year and is still learning the mantra of how to handle being the focal point. The rest are developing albeit not at the pace we want but they are developing.
We need to instill that confidence for Anna, Aubrey and Liv to shoot with 100% conviction the shot is theirs to take and it will go in!
Let’s be the best fans we can be for these guys (and the coaches) to rally their confidence and have them be the attain their best as they can be!
Who’s with me?
Great post Defense - I decided to take the elevator down instead of just jumping.

Reaction Score
So happy to see the above posts. True fans are not Sunshine Patriots. They realize that no matter how great their team may be this year that with a new set of players things change. And the great thing is how optimistic we can be for the future. Also, when your losses are to the number one, two and three teams in the nations no one should be hanging their head.

Reaction Score
Completely concur... @DefenseBB Our team is still OUR Team... hopefully for most of us. We knew this year would be challenging... ups and downs... just as I stated a few weeks ago... the Roller Coaster Ride continues. I remain UCONN Proud... they have lost 3 games to #1, #2, and #3 Teams. Some of it was nerves, being outplayed, and so on. All learning experiences. I believe we are there with all the rest of the best teams. And what they have learned and how they react will tell a lot. Remember, they lost to Louisville in regular season last year and turned that around in NCAA Tournament. GO Huskies... enjoy the ride. :) ;););)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We still have the best team in the tough AAC..lets celebrate that...and quit worrying..

Reaction Score
Who’s with me?
Well said...Thanks from a UCONN fan.

Reactions: mmt

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Who’s with me?
Hoorah!!

Reaction Score
DEFENSEBB: Very well done, Was thinking similar thoughts; specifically, had we popped in a couple of shots at certain moments in the game, we might have even pulled it out or at least made a real game out of a shellacking.

Reaction Score
Hoorah!!
Well said. Also, we only have Geno for a short time now and my only dream going forward for this program is Rebecca will be approached by Geno to be the next coach in waiting to led UConn Nation.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Weren’t much of a consideration in the era where bretheren was a commonly used term. You know, kept in the kitchen where they belonged
Just so everyone knows, my wife now reads the BY and chided me for not including the word “sisterhood” as she too pointed out “what, you want women to be seen and not heard or do you even prefer we stay in the kitchen”. And all I was trying to do was rally us fanatics...:oops:
So, sisterhood-please forgive me. :)

Reaction Score
Who’s with me?

If I could like this 100 times!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Thanks and thanks for getting a "JordyG" type avatar again...I was beginning to worry!
I should be holding on to this striking one for a while. But I may change depending. I did consider that big blue guy though.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
In a nut shell...to have lost to No. 1, 2, and 3 and have so much anguish ? I can tell you about 100 other teams that would gladly accept your dilemma. UCONN is not going down so much as the most talented high school girls have decided to take that talent to a small group of powerhouses. The rosters on these teams are now stacked as where at one time UCONN and Tennessee used to be the lone wolves. The playing field has changed only in that respect. It's much better this way because now we actually have to wonder who will win it all !

Reaction Score
. . . .
Who’s with me?

What a cheesy way to get likes! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom