Fear not my Husky Brethren | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fear not my Husky Brethren

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Weren’t much of a consideration in the era where bretheren was a commonly used term. You know, kept in the kitchen where they belonged
Kitchren?

Reaction Score
Weren’t much of a consideration in the era where bretheren was a commonly used term. You know, kept in the kitchen where they belonged
Nan, in the Baptist church the word "bretheren" was an inclusive term. The minister used it when addressing the entire audience. I never thought of it as being a sexist term. But, I guess, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Reaction Score
Nan, in the Baptist church the word "bretheren" was an inclusive term. The minister used it when addressing the entire audience. I never thought of it as being a sexist term. But, I guess, it's in the eye of the beholder.
When I was in law school I had a professor who began every class by saying"Good morning gentlemen". When told by a student that this salutation excluded her, he insisted that gentlemen is an inclusive term. When the person insisting that up includes down has such disproportionate power, only one "beholder" gets to determine meaning.

mmt

Reaction Score
Yeah, but what about the sistren?
Nan, Thanks for all your work on this thread. Is there any way we can get a haha button or love button. So many jokes deserve more than a like.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, hopefully we can get back the task at hand and show support for the team and bring home our 7th Undefeated and last American Conference Championship for our mighty Husky's. We have 3 home games left, let's get out there and show our love! One of the games will be Senior night (Feb 22 vs. UCF) and our chance to thank these fine ladies for contributions and especially Crystal Dangerfield. It takes a grass root effort sometimes to get fans back in the seats so what say you all about promoting fans and friends to go?
I would love to see our attendance over 8,000 for these games and bring the energy to the team!

Reaction Score
When I was in law school I had a professor who began every class by saying"Good morning gentlemen". When told by a student that this salutation excluded her, he insisted that gentlemen is an inclusive term. When the person insisting that up includes down has such disproportionate power, only one "beholder" gets to determine meaning.
That sounds a little like the old Abbott & Costello "Who's On First" routine.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Frankly I thought the post was about new weight loss program/product for men.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I read the headline, saw that Michele Voepel was involved and thought, wow, a rational article written by Michele? I read it and then immediately reverted back to my prior view of her-she offers no real thought, depth of analysis or insight. She babbled about Geno's pressers and not the title of the thread about why they shouldn't panic. Graham Hays at least stated have flaws like any of the others to make a run but neither gave a case to not panic....And they get paid to say nothing? We have 3,000 posters on here who do that for free! Myself included...:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom