Favorite UConn team to watch ever? | The Boneyard

Favorite UConn team to watch ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For me it's gotta be this year's past team. Seeing DeAndre's confidence get higher and higher as he played better and better was amazing. Watching Brimah break out against UCF is why I now call him "The Brimahnster". Seeing Shabazz, Niels, and Olander get their second rings as the seniors this time around was bittersweet as I was ecstatic for them but at the same time realizing that they had just played their last games as Huskies. Hilariously, who could forget seeing the Girthball AKA Justin McBride come into the game and absolutely man-handle Nolan and Brimah? The fact that we were winning by double digits made it humorous but I genuinely love that kid. And finally, seeing a glimpse of the future when Brimah blocked a shot vs. Houston and Turnce threw the lob to Kentan Facey made me very excited for next season when we get to see more of the underclassmen play.

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Loved the 2009 team, such an electrifying group of players to watch. 2011 and this year are easily up there though.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I guess I am biased to a team when I was in school with Donyell and crew and Ray coming off the bench. But I love them all. ;)

Reaction Score
Loved the 2009 team, such an electrifying group of players to watch. 2011 and this year are easily up there though.

That's my close second, to this day I still swear if Dyson had stayed healthy we would have won it all. For a LONG time, I despised everything about Michigan St until we beat them at MSG. Pretty much got even cause MSU @ Detroit was an advantage but UConn @ MSG was just unfair. Also, seeing freshman Kemba step up vs Mizzou was a sign of things to come. One thing I still remember that makes me cringe everytime I see Dejuan Blair is him throwing Hasheem the Dream to the floor...

Reaction Score
2004 team. They had the best inside-outside game of any UCONN team and an arsenal offensive weapons. it was a joy to watch Emeka dominate, Ben and RA hit 3 after 3 and TB flash that smile when we had the game won.

Reaction Score
Yup, me too. That was just amazing.

Same here (1989-90). Being a student at the time made it even more special. It was the start of all this and the state and country was enamored with Uconn.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
1995/96 - the first UConn team that should have won it. And would have, if not for injuries to Ricky and Doron.

Almost 20 years later and I'm still bitter.

Reaction Score
The 1995 team played an exciting brand of up-tempo basketball. Our runs in 2011 and 2014 require more subtlety to appreciate, one of toughness and defensive resolve. But our early-mid 90's teams could get up and down the court and electrify the crowd in a way we haven't done with regularity in a long time.

Reaction Score
1995/96 - the first UConn team that should have won it. And would have, if not for injuries to Ricky and Doron.

Almost 20 years later and I'm still bitter.

Why?

It would have been vacated. That should be the easiest year to let get of the disappointing ending.

Reaction Score
Huh?

The guy said he was bitter about the 1996 team not winning. It wouldn't have counted even had we won.

* Connecticut had its 2–1 record in the 1996 NCAA tournament and Sweet Sixteen appearance vacated after two players were ruled ineligible.

Reaction Score
If Dyson stayed healthy, I think they do. If they got past Michigan State, Hasheem and Adrien were the type of interior team that would give Hansborough trouble...provided the refs let them play.

They beat MSU with Dyson, not sure about UNC. That Lawson Hansbrough Ellington combo was good. Thabeet probably both shuts Hansbrough but probably only plays about 23 minutes because Hansbrough got calls whenever he wanted them. Not sure how well Dyson does on Lawson, who by that time was almost unguardable.

We would have had the coaching advantage, but that UNC team was one of the better teams of the decade.

Reaction Score
2004 team. They had the best inside-outside game of any UCONN team and an arsenal offensive weapons. it was a joy to watch Emeka dominate, Ben and RA hit 3 after 3 and TB flash that smile when we had the game won.

I remember that team was quite frustrating to watch at times during the early part of the season with mek hurt,charlie being charlie,ben with his inconsistancies and RA wasnt starting yet. Once mek got healthy and RA was in the starting lineup it was an absolute wrap. I remember by the sweet 16 the media was calling it the uconn invitational. my only regret that season was that we didnt get even with unc who beat us earlier in the season at a time when we were just starting to get our stuf together.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
'99 was my favorite even though they had some excruciating wins throughout the year. But when they got it going -- I think they have the all-time lead in fast-break baskets where the ball never hit the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom