Favorite UConn team to watch ever? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Favorite UConn team to watch ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConNick said:
2009 for me. Can't really comment on anything pre-2004, but 09 I think was one of the best NCAA teams in the decade. They just beat the crap out of anyone not named Quse or Pitt. They beat UL by 17. On the road. The team that wound up the number 1 overall seed. ON THE ROAD. Does it get better than that? Really think we would've given UNC all they could handle even without Dyson, and I honestly believe we win the majority of the time with him. Both of those teams are top 10 for the decade, IMO. They're also a couple of the last truly stacked teams in the game. From that year on, I never felt there were amazingly dominant teams, like those two, 08 KU and Memphis, 07 FLA, 06 UConn (lil' homerism), 05 UNC, 05 Illinois, etc. where are those super teams (save 2012 UK and maybe 11 KU) nowadays? Those years were always fun for me, whether UConn was playing or not. It's really what made me into the college basketball junkie I am today.

That team was special with Dyson. His injury cost us a title.

Sadly, his injury cost him a lot too. He was playing beautiful team basketball when he went down and was becoming a star. When he returned the next year a lot of the pieces were gone and things got messy as he tried to put the team on his shoulders. Jerome's legacy was really damaged by not being able to play alongside those guys and compete for a title while we had the talent to do so. That may be the biggest injury in UConn history.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dogbreath2U said:
I thought that UNC was the overall #1 seed in 2009. UConn 2004 was a powerhouse team.

And yet we were a 2 seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET