Favorite player on another team : | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Favorite player on another team :

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I always liked Lawrence Moten; he was just smarter than everyone else on the floor. I've always liked the undersized PFs who seem to kill us all the time. Bonzie Colson, Demetri Hill, Troutman, Abrams and Craig Smith from BC. The last three I disliked b/c they killed us, but I just love that style of player. Hence, Jeff Adrien is easily one of fave UConn players.

Mentioning Smith reminded me of a guy I really thought was amazing, Jerome Lane. That guy just destroyed people...and hoops.

Reaction Score
Oh, I should add Iverson too. I still remember watching his first game against Arkansas (Billy Packer called him a derogatory term) and I had never seen another person so fast/quick on a basketball court. He was totally wild and completely out of control, but it was just amazing to watch.

Reaction Score
Poor Terrence Samuel, can't even get a mention ITT. We would have named a church after him 30 months ago.

From our conference, I really like Gary Clark and Ben Moore. After the last few years I have a major fetish for big men who can pass. Fall is also a pleasure to watch when he's going, and I think Temple has a few kids who will blossom in the coming years.

Rashaan Holloway from UMass is the next Joshua Smith (the guy who played at UCLA and Georgetown, not the guy in the NBA) - he's huge, can't get more than an inch off the ground, and posts major per minute numbers.

Agreed with Colson. Add Jordan Bell to the list, too. Mo Watson (BU transfer) was way up there before he got hurt. Damn shame. Oh, and Karnowski from Gonzaga, how could I forget.

St. Johns entire team can also go here. Seriously, watch them play. They're fun of hell - just a bunch of freshman from the tri-state era with ridiculous names who play up-tempo and get iso buckets with ease. Shamorie Ponds is gonna be incredible if he stays around.

Reaction Score
Josh Jackson KU - great all around game, release and shot a little like our own Ray Ray, smart basketball player and will be an excellent pro.

Reaction Score
All my favorite players have worn the National Flag blue and white of the team from Storrs.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
If we're talking current players, I haven't been able to watch as much college bball this year as I usually do, but in what I've seen of the games, I haven't really taking a liking to any players. I've seen some good ones, but non that I could say I specifically enjoy watching to the point that I would watch a game just to watch them play.

If we're talking historically, players on teams we played against, the one that comes to mind is Kevin Pittsnogle. He was fun to watch, and he pretty much disappeared from the game after he graduated. Played with the Celts long enough to order coffee, but was cut before he got to add cream and sugar.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If we're talking historically, players on teams we played against, the one that comes to mind is Kevin Pittsnogle. He was fun to watch, and he pretty much disappeared from the game after he graduated. Played with the Celts long enough to order coffee, but was cut before he got to add cream and sugar.
He's a high school teacher in West Virginia now.

Reaction Score
Love watching the Zags. Karnowski looks like a forty year old, but man is he savvy down low.

And those guards... Williams-Goss and Perkins are insane. I think NWG had a game with 36 and 10 recently. If we didn't have Jalen, I would take either of these guys in a heartbeat (as I recall, we did recruit Perkins a bit, but I'm not sure how serious the interest really was on either side. In hindsight, he would be a heck of a player to have right now).

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I just thought of another former player who I always enjoyed watching unless he was playing us. Hakim Warrick. Funny thing is, Senior Facey is pretty much Hakim Warrick at the cuse

Reaction Score
I just thought of another former player who I always enjoyed watching unless he was playing us. Hakim Warrick. Funny thing is, Senior Facey is pretty much Hakim Warrick at the cuse
Well, I definitely wouldn't go that far. Facey is killing it recently but Warrick was a first team AA at Cuse.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I was coming on here to say just that LOL...wow wish that kid made it to Nike rather than UA.
Meh, I think his decision was more about pt than anything else. We already had five forwards on the roster when we started recruiting him, so it was going to be a long shot that we'd get him.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Devonte Graham Kanses, Bonzie Colson Notre Dame, Malik Monk Kentucky, Lonzo Ball UCLA, Corey Sanders Rutgers, Leon Tolksdorf American, Rakim Lubin Cal St Northridge(I think?).
No love for a Terrence Samuel Penn St?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
One player who was not a superstar (but who killed us) and I really appreciated how he played was Chevy Troutman for Pitt. Very smart undersized interior player who was tough and who maximized his potential.

Now he might be a good coach for bigs if he could teach how he played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom