Favorite Non Connecticut Team and/or Player | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Favorite Non Connecticut Team and/or Player

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This walk through memory lane has jogged my memories:
I need to add the Al Maguire led Maurice Lucas Marquette team - also had an excellent clutch point guard
Dantley made me think of Austin Carr at Notre Dame that was exciting to watch
I liked Mark Aguire at Depaul
Rooted for South Carolina somewhat when they were in the ACC with (Dunleavy?)
Rooted for Maryland for a short while when Tom Roy was there, followed by Len Elmore, & Bias
Surprised no one has mentioned Magic, Bird, or the Quinn Buckner Indiana teams, (I only rooted for Ind St)

I knew I was missing a few.

Others have already mentioned Pearl Washington and liked a bunch as a frosh but a little bit less each year thereafter.

Huge Len Bias fan. Crazy is how several players/teams mentioned in this thread had tragic deaths and 30 for 30 specials about them. Len was a bigger more physically gifted version of MJ. Doubt he had MJ's drive but it would have been so difficult for him not have been a great NBA player.

Along with Reggie Williams like Reggie Lewis and Reggie Miller.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
McNamara and Devendorf from Cuse..... WTH?!!! This thread is a sacrilege.

I liked John Wallace on Cuse. Don't shoot me. Also, I absolutely LOVED Iverson.

How do I get heat for a good blue collar guy like Blair while these guys are into felons and douches (or both in Iverson’s case) from other rivals with nothing?

Reaction Score
I don't think he's been mentioned, but Danny Hurley probably should be #1 for everyone. Although his Seton Hall teams were never that good. At least I don't remember them giving us much of a fight.

I also really like his teammate Adrien Griffin. Ive metioned it before, but I met him in the Manchester mall when he was playing for The Pride. He seemed cool.

Reaction Score
appropo of nothing concerning this thread, i just saw this version for the first time. the crowd noise is very cool.

Chills is all!! Love this, I mean the way the crowd intensifies as the shot clock winds down, the quick "Awww" as he breaks his ankles then bang. The first guy to the right of the cameraman certainly was not a Husky fan but one that really appreciated yet another Kemba Walker play. Great stuff

Reaction Score
Randolph Childress
Rodney Rogers
Rodney Monroe
Michael Graham
Reggie Lewis
Len Bias
Marcus Fizer

Reaction Score
I liked John Wallace on Cuse. Don't shoot me. Also, I absolutely LOVED Iverson.
Wallace lives in CT and I ran into him a couple years ago and we had a nice conversation about Syracuse and UConn. He was very worried about the future of the Orange because Boeheim can't attract NBA type players and there is no sign of him leaving anytime soon especially with Buddy on the team. Also, he expected Hurley to kill it at UConn with us back in the Big East and with his Jersey roots and reputation as a recruiter.

Reaction Score
UNLV - Tarks teams with the amoeba defense and up and down were the college version of showtime. Still watch them to this day even though they have been horrid forever- Hunt, LJ, Augmon, Anthony....man those were some teams and even later with JR Rider- headcase but entertaining

Purdue- don't know why but I adopted them for a big 10 team so I liked Big Dog, Cuonzo Martin and Gene Keady's hair

Obviously got behind the CT kids who tasted success at D1- Camby who's high school coach I knew and Vin Baker who I saw plenty of live at Uhart games.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
How do I get heat for a good blue collar guy like Blair while these guys are into felons and douches (or both in Iverson’s case) from other rivals with nothing?
You suck (just a play on your avatar). Shut up. Wallace literally put the team on his back. And Iverson is easily top 5 best and hardest playing PG I've ever seen. Before Kemba he was THE best. Still waiting for Kemba to bring a mediocre team to the NBA finals. Blair ate cheeseburgers and left college too early.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nobody played harder and there was nobody tougher/more fearless than Iverson. Dude weighed a buck 60 soaking wet and would take it at big men constantly. Always getting crushed and would just bounce up off the court like it was no big deal.

Reaction Score
Nobody played harder and there was nobody tougher/more fearless than Iverson. Dude weighed a buck 60 soaking wet and would take it at big men constantly. Always getting crushed and would just bounce up off the court like it was no big deal.
for one game, i had courtside seats his rookie year @ the spectrum. wow, and i was a nets fan

Reaction Score
Wisconsin is my second favorite team. Often root for the other New England state schools (except UMass) as I had friends go each of them. Favorite recentish non-UConn players would be Jordan Taylor, Marshall Henderson, Markel Brown, Ja Morant

Reaction Score
Shaka's Havoc VCU teams were fun. 2013 La Salle. Northern Iowa team that beat KU.
yeah i forgot the great vcu teams. if any team not named uconn wins this year’s tournament, i want the smart longhorns

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Loved Marcus Smart and the Okie State teams - Tony Allen, Joey Graham, John Lucas III, Big Country Reeves, James Anderson, Desmond Mason etc. Travis Ford and the Suttons as coaches
Still love the team
Who didn't like Pistol Pete!!!
Still my all time favorite teams are those that beat Dook, Kensucky and Cuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104