Favorite Lineups | The Boneyard

Favorite Lineups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alterique, Jalen, Terry, Steve, Amida

I know I'll get some backlash not throwing Purvis in here for some better 3 point shooting to spread the floor, but this lineup is going to do some serious damage with the dual ball-handling and creativity on the offensive end with Alterique and Jalen, and will have the necessary size on the defensive end with Terry and Steve. My personal favorite lineup hands down.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I know I'll get some backlash not throwing Purvis in here for some better 3 point shooting to spread the floor, but this lineup is going to do some serious damage with the dual ball-handling and creativity on the offensive end with Alterique and Jalen, and will have the necessary size on the defensive end with Terry and Steve. My personal favorite lineup hands down.

Best thing about a thread like this at this time of year?

You can't be wrong.

Reaction Score

swap steve for purv and go with a small lineup. Play terry at the four. Guards would have to crash the boards hard, but this lineup will get transition buckets.

Reaction Score
swap steve for purv and go with a small lineup. Play terry at the four. Guards would have to crash the boards hard, but this lineup will get transition buckets.
If the guards have to crash the boards hard, how will they get transition buckets??

Reaction Score
FUN FAVORITE:
1-Alterique
2-Vance
3-Terry
4-Mama
5-Steve

First Game Starters: Ollie will honor seniors:
1-Jay
2-Rodney
3-Terry
4-Kentan
5-Amida

March Starters:
1-Jay
2-Alterique
3-Terry
4-Durham
5-Enoch

Reaction Score
one person can get a rebound and the rest of the team can get back, brohandas ghandi.

When guards have to crash boards transition opportunities are affected. It's not like you say "one guy go crash"--you're asking for an offensive putcback that way. The game is much more unpredictable than how you're thinking.

Our lack of rebounding bigs has made our transition game weak the past few years.

for those saying Steve at the 4.. I don't see it. He's just not quick enough for college 4s who are generally smaller.

even him at the 5 at the end of the season... i don't see it, but if it happens we are a really good basketball team. Easily sweet 16 if he's made that leap in my opinion.

Reaction Score
My favorite lineup will always have Vance in it just because of my soft spot for good shooters. I think the lineup we will want to have in if we can't get anything going offensively is:
JA
RP
TL
VJ
Amida

But it'll only work if the running fast paced offense is a bigger positive than the potential lack of rebounding as negative.

Reaction Score
My favorite lineup will always have Vance in it just because of my soft spot for good shooters. I think the lineup we will want to have in if we can't get anything going offensively is:
JA
RP
TL
VJ
Amida

But it'll only work if the running fast paced offense is a bigger positive than the potential lack of rebounding as negative.

Crap i completely forgot my boy Durham!
Make it: JA, RP, VJ (or Larrier, whichever is having a better stretch offensively), DURHAM, and Amida

Reaction Score
I need to see how people are playing, how people improved or not, how the freshman adjust and who steps up ready to earn minutes. Guessing the one you see vs. New Haven, Wagner will be different than the one you see as the season dwindles to tourney time.

Guessing Jalen, Rodney, Terry, Kentan and Amida tomorrow. Unless both KF and AB improved that will not remain the same but I don't see how JA and RP lose their spots. Again, need to see some play before we can even begin to feel what is best. Great thing is there's lots of options and if Juwan and Alterique really step up there will be changes. And starting will probably mean nothing to what your minutes will be game to game.

Reaction Score

See I don't know if this will work, unless the match ups work with a smaller opposing team. I think Enoch is going to be essential in the starting lineup to grab boards with his big frame. Enoch HAS to average 8-10 RBs a game.

Reaction Score
See I don't know if this will work, unless the match ups work with a smaller opposing team. I think Enoch is going to be essential in the starting lineup to grab boards with his big frame. Enoch HAS to average 8-10 RBs a game.

HAS to? Wow that's a reach to me unless he gets the minutes it will take to grab than many. He can do that but is the rest of his defensive game good enough to play enough for 8 boards? These are all the questions which need to be answered before we can begin to guess numbers with these kids.

Reaction Score
HAS to? Wow that's a reach to me unless he gets the minutes it will take to grab than many. He can do that but is the rest of his defensive game good enough to play enough for 8 boards? These are all the questions which need to be answered before we can begin to guess numbers with these kids.

Yeah I hear ya, I just feel he has to lead this team in rebounds for the team to be successful. Sure Amida and Kentan put on some weight, but I'm still pretty worried about defensive rebounds with this team. IMO Steve is the only one on this team with the frame to take care of business consistently on the boards. You are right though we'll have to see who earns the time after the first 10 games, all speculation at this point.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Yeah I hear ya, I just feel he has to lead this team in rebounds for the team to be successful. Sure Amida and Kentan put on some weight, but I'm still pretty worried about defensive rebounds with this team. IMO Steve is the only one on this team with the frame to take care of business consistently on the boards. You are right though we'll have to see who earns the time after the first 10 games, all speculation at this point.
He has the frame and I would like nothing better (well, that's not true, but you get the point) than Steve to be a beast on the boards, but he did not show himself to be an instinctive rebounder last year. I hope that he can get his understanding of defensive responsibilities down pat so he can crash the boards while playing good defense.

Reaction Score
PG - Rodney Purvis
SG - Terry Larrier
SF - Vance Jackson
PF - Steve Enoch
C - Amida Brimah

You agree @Tenspro2002

lol.

To start the year I would expect something like:
Adams
Purvis
Larrier
Facey
Brimah

But that's not going to work well, and by the end of the year I hope the most minutes are going to:
Gilbert
Adams
Purvis/Larrier
Larrier/Durham
Enoch

If those 6 guys play to their potential, we could be a very good team. I hope Vance Jackson can earn some minutes here and there with his shooting prowess.

As you can infer, I don't have high hopes for Facey and Brimah, who have shown too little over the past 3 years to be expected to be key cogs on a high-performing team. I hope they prove me wrong.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I like OPs original lineup. The cool, fun thing ab threads like this are they're open to interpretation and guesstimates about the upcoming season/future of the players.

I'd say the lineup I'd like the best, if everything goes according to best case scenario in my mind, would be:
A Gilbert
J Adams
T Larrier
J Durham
S Enoch

Maybe not even THIS year, but I'm thinking even of next year if things progress how a traditional uconn team progresses, that would be a perfect UConn team starting the season 2017 (not taking into account possible/committed newcomers).

That would have Adams as a junior and Larrier a 3rd year soph, both ready to explode, with 2 young, athletic bigs and a more seasoned stud at PG...thwt possibility has me thinking of some great UConn teams in the past (again, not predicting but more "ideal" scenario).

Reaction Score
I would love to see all the newcomers on the floor at once in garbage time

AG
CV
VJ
TL
JD

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
For the 7 minutes Enoch and Brimah were on the floor together last year, it was a catastrophe.

Reaction Score
I would think if they can play small in most big spots they would like JA, AG, RP, TL, AB

It's possible by the end of season Durham could replace AB

Initial starting team = JA, RP, TL, Kentan, AB

Reaction Score
I think our best lineup will be
AG
Jalen
Rodney
Terry
AB

Durham obviously a giant X factor. If he's healthy he might be the answer at 4. I also think it's not out of the question Enoch passed up Brimah. Our 4 best player to me is AG Jalen Rodney and terry so they will have to be on the floor at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom