Favorite Lines From A Movie | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Favorite Lines From A Movie

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
1. "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." The Godfather.
2. "They call me Mister Tibbs!" In the Heat of the Night
3. "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" Network
4. "We rob banks." Bonnie & Clyde
5. "Well, nobody's perfect." Some Like it Hot
6. "Houston, we have a problem." Apollo 13
7. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." The Godfather II
8. "Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!" Sons of the Desert
9. "Say 'Hello' to my little friend" Scarface
10. "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." A Streetcar Named Desire
11. "Hasta la vista, baby." Terminator 2, Judgement Day
12. "Yo, Adrian!" Rocky
13. "My Preciousssssss." Lord of the Rings: The 2 Towers
14. "Tell them to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper." Knute Rockne, All American
15. "A martini. Shaken, not stirred." Goldfinger
16. "Who's on first?" The Nineties
17. "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." Dead Poets Society
18. "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!" The Wizard of Oz
19. "By the way -- nice shoes." The American President
20. Every damn line in Blazing Saddles

Last edited:

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Yes to #20

Put it in the basket Chief

Get out of my way son, you're usin' my oxygen

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
thats-what-i-do-i-drink-and-i-know-things-game-of-thrones.jpg

Reaction Score
My favorite line from any movie is Wednesday's monologue from the camp play in Addams Family Values:

Wait, we can not break bread with you. You have taken the land which is rightfully ours. Years from now my people will be forced to live in mobile homes on reservations. Your people will wear cardigans, and drink highballs. We will sell our bracelets by the road sides, and you will play golf, and eat hot hors d'oeuvres. My people will have pain and degradation. Your people will have stick shifts. The gods of my tribe have spoken. They said do not trust the pilgrims, especially Sarah Miller. And for all of these reasons I have decided to scalp you and burn your village to the ground.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
"It's a writ rit for a rat."
"Fill your hands you SOB."
"By God, she reminds me of me!"
"I ain't never seen no Texacan who never drunk muddy water from a hoof print."

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

"The whole purpose is defeated if you keep it a secret." (paraphrase).

Survival kit contents check by Slim Pickens.

Great film. "To sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.". "I do not avoid women Mandrake, but I do deny them my essence.".

Reaction Score
I was expecting to see more lines written in white text on a plain black background.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
One of my favorites is from Double Indemnity: "I wonder if I know what you mean." "I wonder if you wonder."

Welcome to the Boneyard bbfanLA. Looking forward to your thoughts and observations this year. Are you a UConn women's fan, or just a WCBB fan in general?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
"This business will get out of control...it will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."

"Ryan, things in here don't react well to bullets..."

"One ping...one ping only Vesely"

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Here's a quote I kept in my wallet for years:
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Anyone know the actor and the Movie?
The Duke...True Grit?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
"You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we have? "

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard bbfanLA. Looking forward to your thoughts and observations this year. Are you a UConn women's fan, or just a WCBB fan in general?
I'm actually an entertainment journalist in Los Angeles so of course this thread caught my eye. I'm a college basketball fan in general, but I've loved UConn women's basketball for a while because of their continued excellence. I first came across The Boneyard a few years ago when the Kentucky men and the UConn women were the favorites to win the national championships and I was doing research for a potential article. When Kentucky lost, I didn't write the article, but I kept following the BY.

Reaction Score
And thanks for the welcome!

Reaction Score
Guess Who's Coming for Dinner:

Let me tell you something. I owe you nothing! If you carried that bag a million miles, you did what you're supposed to do! Because you brought me into this world. And from that day you owed me everything you could ever do for me like I will owe my son if I ever have another.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom