Favorite JC Moments | The Boneyard

Favorite JC Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Over the last month I was thinking about my greatest Calhoun memory(what i think of when I think of the great JC):

Besides the 3 obvious the one memory that always makes me laugh is seconds after Tater hits "the shot" you see JC leaping airborn jumping up and down and then he realizes he has to go "good game" Clemson Coach Cliff Ellis who is only a couple feet away by this time from a leaping JC.

JC leaps turns and gives the good game handshake to the stunned Cliff Ellis.
Honorable mention to Not one duck**** Dime post game and the ever popular Ryan Gomes post game rant.

There are so many.............

What are your favorite JC moments.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of them...hard to narrow it down to one. I would say watching him hold up the National Championship trophy after beating Butler. Looking back on it now, it makes that season even more special because it was Calhouns last one and he was able to experience that season so close to retirement.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
My favorite moment was when I met him randomly in the bowels of Gampel Pavilion while giving my brother a tour of the facility.

My brother was in awe of him (he's a very tall fellow). Calhoun was very gracious and made our day!

Reaction Score
Over the last month I was thinking about my greatest Calhoun memory(what i think of when I think of the great JC):

Besides the 3 obvious the one memory that always makes me laugh is seconds after Tater hits "the shot" you see JC leaping airborn jumping up and down and then he realizes he has to go "good game" Clemson Coach Cliff Ellis who is only a couple feet away by this time from a leaping JC.

Honorable mention to Not one duck**** Dime post game and the ever popular Ryan Gomes post game rant.

/

The Shot was great. He's had so many last second reactions. How about Kemba's shot against Pitt?

Reaction Score
Fan favorite
77-74 the reaction and energy

Personal favorite

Witnessing at a game moment
Any moment that Coach recieved a T, I'll be more specific, sarcastically clapping at the ref and basically "Good call ref"

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'll always remember him for that patented look that he gave the refs after they blew an obvious call (arms folded, with a gigantic grin and his head shaking). It was as if he was saying to the guy, "I had better get the next five calls, a!!!" He normally got them, too...;)

Reaction Score
Him chilling out immediately after he won his third title. He became an accomplished man and felt as one.

Reaction Score
calhoun.jpg

Reaction Score

Funny thing is my favorite moment might have been when he was with the oher Huskies in the CT Mutual Classic and ripped his jacket off when getting on the refs at the HCC, leading his team to a victory over the home Huskies!!!

As a Husky coach there are way too many to begin!!

Reaction Score
Funny thing is my favorite moment might have been when he was with the oher Huskies in the CT Mutual Classic and ripped his jacket off when getting on the refs at the HCC, leading his team to a victory over the home Huskies!!!

As a Husky coach there are way too many to begin!!

I was sitting right behind the Northeastern bench for that game and I said to my friend wish this guy was our coach (as I looked at Perno :() as the Huskies beat us that night.

Reaction Score
Here's a list of memorable quotes from the courant in 2009

http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_mens_basketball/2009/11/uconn-moments-top-10-jim-calho.html

Personal favorite will always be the Ryan Gomes rant, but I always enjoyed the moments and quotes that gave you hints that even though he yelled and screamed on the sidelines Calhoun always wanted the best for his players. For this one I remember hearing in his voice how proud he was of his players.

3. March 29, 1999

"They knew they were going to win. They were going to beat the best, and they did beat the best tonight. As of this moment, we're the best team in the country."​

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The NIT championship in 1988. It started this shizzz. I remember going to school with a 'UCONN NIT Champs' shirt and people saying "UCONN??" If they only knew it was just the beginnjng...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Also...my fave all time JC quote is fading from memory...

At the '99 pep rally after the first Title...

"“Well, yesterday we broke some hearts and kicked some ass." :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32