OT: - Favorite Cover's of Classic or Iconic Songs | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Cover's of Classic or Iconic Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's Tom Waits doing Leonard Bernstein. Don't just ignore it out of hand -- it's the best version of Somewhere I've heard. The guy's a genius.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Cortez the Killer, Neil Young. Love the version with Warren Haynes and Dave Matthews at Central Park.

That's absolutely amazing! I was expecting something a lot Dave Matthew-y, but Warren Haynes and Tim Reynolds pretty much steal the show in this one.

Reaction Score
What a great voice she has - doing this cover of the Beatles "I Need You":

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Another Sina collaboration with Victory K and Andrei Cerbu, Alannah Myles "Black Velvet". Andrei is playing both the lead and bass guitar portions and Sina does some back-up singing.

Enjoy

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I was just surfing You Tube and came across this video, first time ever seeing someone trying to do Meat Loaf's "I Would Do Anything for Love". I give Caleb Johnson and The Neverland band, 4.5 stars out of 5 on it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was just surfing You Tube and came across this video, first time ever seeing someone trying to do Meat Loaf's "I Would Do Anything for Love". I give Caleb Johnson and The Neverland band, 4.5 stars out of 5 on it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Caleb Johnson won American Idol a few years ago. Always had a pretty good "rock voice".

Reaction Score
Some hardcore Metallica fans don't care for 'Atlas Rise'...to each his own.
3 tiny (but fierce) teenagers (18,16, & 13) close out an almost 2 hour set of 21 original songs with this cover as a surprise for a fan.
Basically the last time they performed a cover.
The Warning - Atlas Rise.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Last one, I promise. This is a metal cover of All I ask of You from Phantom of the Opera. It's by Adrienne Cowan, a spectacular vocalist trained in pretty much every type of singing except metal. She sings both Christine's and the Phantom's parts. Toward the end when the Phantom becomes angry she begins growling his parts. Not everyone's cuppa, but I find it absolutely wonderful.

Reaction Score
The story goes Quicksilver was invited to Woodstock, but had to turn it down - issues in the band. Jefferson Airplane, another San Francisco band went in their stead. The rest is history, the Airplane wnet from relative obscurity to...(who hasn't heard of White Rabbit) and Quicksilver faded into obscurity. I like Cipollina's guitar work, i think he has a unique style.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, I kept not jumping in while this thread has been going, so better late than never.

This is one of Dylan's latter songs. Been covered A LOT. This is BY FAR my favorite version.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is an old song, there are countless versions of it. Known as both In the Pines and Where Did You Sleep Last Night. Nirvana did it among many others. I dig this version, only discovered it fairly recently.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She has a series of these she calls the Diamond Covers. All big songs from the 80s and 90s, all with rotoscoped videos. They're all good, hard to pick which one to go with.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How about dueling versions of a classic Journey song? Have to admit I haven't followed Daughtry's career at all, but just heard this on Sirius XM the other day. He's got some pipes. And collabing with Lizzy Hale never hurts. This is pretty killer.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The first time I heard this version I actually thought it was Lizzy, they have somewhat similar voices.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Here's Lizzy with her band, taking a Gaga song in a totally different direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom