fav jams-clg/pro; mine toraino | The Boneyard

fav jams-clg/pro; mine toraino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
vs. villanov for overwhelming quick hitting putback ferocity; a thang of bootie/ chamberlain vs jumpin johnnie green of balt bullets: wilt goes for jam but jumpin john has all ball block but wilt is so strong the dunk is completed & 6-5 john almost loses arm
I think it's trying to communicate...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
vs. villanov for overwhelming quick hitting putback ferocity; a thang of bootie/ chamberlain vs jumpin johnnie green of balt bullets: wilt goes for jam but jumpin john has all ball block but wilt is so strong the dunk is completed & 6-5 john almost loses arm
But in all seriousness, is this your fav dunk ever or somthing?

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Beautiful. Jar Jar Binks meets Ebonics and written in hieroglyphics. I figured it out. One of My favorite dunks was Jeremy Lambs Vs Columbia

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe, and somewhat disturbing, that i generally understand and completely agree. Toraino's put back is, in my opinion, the greatest dunk in UCONN history.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Its kind of crazy that someone who clearly doesnt understand the English language very well is so knowledgeable about uconn basketball.

Reaction Score
I still have that Toraino dunk game on VHS tape. It was an ESPN game, The announcer was normally an NHL guy, can't remember his name..he screamed: "put that one on your VCR and keep it"

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I still have that Toraino dunk game on VHS tape. It was an ESPN game, The announcer was normally an NHL guy, can't remember his name..he screamed: "put that one on your VCR and keep it"
You've got to post a video of it one of the days. I'd love to see if the reality matches the folklore status it holds in my memory.

Reaction Score

It was Gary Thorne who did the play by play.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
You've got to post a video of it one of the days. I'd love to see if the reality matches the folklore status it holds in my memory.
Good point.

I've watched every UConn basketball game since 1988, and Toraino Walker's dunk stands out over that long span. I remember it despite the game having no special significance, and despite the player's relative lackluster career. I wonder if put in the middle of a mix of Stanley Robinson and Rudy Gay dunks it would still stand out.

And to think, all because he mistimed his jump.

Reaction Score
Good point.

I've watched every UConn basketball game since 1988, and Toraino Walker's dunk stands out over that long span. I remember it despite the game having no special significance, and despite the player's relative lackluster career. I wonder if put in the middle of a mix of Stanley Robinson and Rudy Gay dunks it would still stand out.

And to think, all because he mistimed his jump.

As a good comparison....see Dook's Grant Hill's one handed alley-oop dunk from the side of the rim in his 2nd NC game...except that Toraino's was a put back off a missed 3. Amazing timing.

Reaction Score
I always love re-watching sticks' dunk off the half court pass from dyson against texas

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
There was a dunk that Ray made -- can't recall against whom -- he drove through a crowded lane from jut right of the foul line, looked like he was going to lay it in on the right side of the hoop, defense went up to stop him, he adjusted mid-flight and somehow managed to dunk it right handed on the left side of the hoop. I remember thinking it was the most awesomely athletic move to the hoop I'd ever seen from someone not named Julius.

And you have to give some point to Edzilla's dunk on Loren Woods, where he made Woods go cower in the corner and cover his head.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe, and somewhat disturbing, that i generally understand and completely agree. Toraino's put back is, in my opinion, the greatest dunk in UCONN history.
And at the time we barely knew who Toraino was. The guy played sparingly early in the season and then came out of nowhere... More or less introducing himself with that dunk.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Very few times is that the case. One I can think of of the top of my head is a Darrell Dawkins dunk.

For UConn (outside of the big shots), AJPs ankle breaker is amazing every time. So are a few of Tony Robertson's dunks, though I can't remember the context of one I'm thinking of. I love when smaller guys throw down.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the "post new thread" button is the only one this dude has figured out how to use.

Reaction Score
WHY HAS NOBODY POSTED A VIDEO OF THE TORAINO DUNK? OR AT LEAST A LINK. Hell, I'll take an animated GIF or a "vine," whatever the kids are calling them nowadays.

I don't care if one of you "I was watching UConn ball in 1817 before all of this new fangled "Jim Calhoun Era" crap was invented" old fogeys needs to dig a VHS tape out from under your Montelvani 8 track collection and use your "free" scooter and clapper hooked to your pacemaker which has been medical-taped to the end of your cane to act as a stun device to stage a nursing home jail break so that you can GET THAT TAPE TO TCS so that he can post the ----ing video.

GET IT DONE.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've always loved the Saunders dunk that made the Zona center cower like a little girl.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
WHY HAS NOBODY POSTED A VIDEO OF THE TORAINO DUNK? OR AT LEAST A LINK. Hell, I'll take an animated GIF or a "vine," whatever the kids are calling them nowadays.

I don't care if one of you "I was watching UConn ball in 1817 before all of this new fangled "Jim Calhoun Era" crap was invented" old fogeys needs to dig a VHS tape out from under your Montelvani 8 track collection and use your "free" scooter and clapper hooked to your pacemaker which has been medical-taped to the end of your cane to act as a stun device to stage a nursing home jail break so that you can GET THAT TAPE TO TCS so that he can post the ----ing video.

GET IT DONE.

Either that or throw the tape in your VHS player (all us old guys have at least one still in the closet or garage) and make a recording of the dunk with your iphone as it plays on the tv. Then toss it up on YouTube and post it here.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score

GET IT DONE.
Shame you've never seen it. Something about the way the roof parted, letting in a shaft of celestial light, and lightning erupted from toraino's buttocks, and the opposing coach spontaneously combusted made it pretty special. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom