Fanta's preseason rankings...

Reaction Score
Four BE in the top 15.
Interesting to see SJU with an entirely new team, at #20
Screenshot_20231011_135548_Instagram.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm still having trouble seeing how Kansas has a better roster than us if we're both healthy, let alone how six other teams have a better roster than us. Top 10 but Hurley will still have ammunition for the boys.
Don’t think they’re better than us, but it’s not crazy.

Dickinson is a proven top 5 big.

KJ had a nice season and establishes a tough front court to matchup with physically. Especially if he takes a leap.

Harris is limited scoring, but a great passer and trusted floor general.

Timberlake didn’t go from being a stud to bum just by committing to Kansas over UConn.

McCullar is another great role playing wing that they can count on for consistent production in his 5th season.

Depth is TBD for both teams, but I’m sure both will have a few solid options on their bench.

Self=Hurley if you wanna be very generous to Hurley. But nobody outside of this board is giving the coaching edge to Hurley here.

I think both are clearly top 5 teams, but it’s not crazy to rank one ahead of the other.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Love the FAU story but I think they come back down to earth a bit this season.

The Big East is properly hyped. The number of high-end coaches in the league is ridiculous.

I like this Texas team- bet they’ll climb up those rankings. It’ll be interesting as they have to likely play us, and then Marquette in non-con.

One or more of those top 4- Kansas, Duke, Michigan State and Purdue- are bound to be wildly overrated. I’ll put my money on Duke and either MSU or Purdue. I think Kansas could be legit best in the country if they don’t get in their own way with all the off the court issues.

I think we’ll have some growing pains in the regular season, but ultimately be in the national mix by end of season.

Creighton could be top 5 in the country if they can stay healthy. They’re very top heavy again.

I’m very intrigued to see what Houston is like in a legit basketball conference. I think they’ll live up to it and be competitive in the top half of the league.

Reaction Score
I'm still having trouble seeing how Kansas has a better roster than us if we're both healthy, let alone how six other teams have a better roster than us. Top 10 but Hurley will still have ammunition for the boys.
Exactly. I think we could reasonably have been ranked a few spots higher, but this keeps us hungry. Yet it's not so low as to hurt recruiting. I hope we keep being ranked around 8 or so until the season starts.

Reaction Score

KJ had a nice season and establishes a tough front court to matchup with physically. Especially if he takes a leap.

Timberlake didn’t go from being a stud to bum just by committing to Kansas over UConn.

McCullar is another great role playing wing that they can count on for consistent production in his 5th season.

Depth is TBD for both teams, but I’m sure both will have a few solid options on their bench.

Self=Hurley if you wanna be very generous to Hurley. But nobody outside of this board is giving the coaching edge to Hurley here.

I think both are clearly top 5 teams, but it’s not crazy to rank one ahead of the other.
We got the better of it when Timberlake got the Hellcat and the bag of cash or whatever it was. Spencer is better than him, my guess is significantly so.

Reaction Score

no one in KU's starting lineup can hit a 3 and they only go 6 deep with timerblake off the bench. double dickinson and who's scoring?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We got the better of it when Timberlake got the Hellcat and the bag of cash or whatever it was. Spencer is better than him, my guess is significantly so.
I think he’s better, but Timberlake is still really good.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
no one in KU's starting lineup can hit a 3 and they only go 6 deep with timerblake off the bench. double dickinson and who's scoring?
Who said Timberlake is coming off the bench?

Reaction Score
Who said Timberlake is coming off the bench?
That's what every projected lineup says. McCullar, Adams, Harris are all returning starters, Dickinson is obviously starting at the 5. So that only leaves the 2 guard spot open and the assumption is that their 5 star combo guard recruit Elmarko Jackson starts there. Though I guess you could start Timberlake over him

Reaction Score
Thinking even 8 is high early I like the underdog stuff better. But no matter, nice to be respected again.

And the Big East hype is real. Gonna be battles night in night out!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Starting 5 might be better on paper, but I keep saying KU is overrated because they have no frontcourt depth, and now lost key guard depth as well. They will be good, but I think the tournament will really test the depth. I'd have Duke #1. Hard to argue Purdue I suppose, after last year, but I think they'll disappoint again when it matters. Creighton and Houston won't be better than UConn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's what every projected lineup says. McCullar, Adams, Harris are all returning starters, Dickinson is obviously starting at the 5. So that only leaves the 2 guard spot open and the assumption is that their 5 star combo guard recruit Elmarko Jackson starts there. Though I guess you could start Timberlake over him
He went from 7th man to 6th man when Morris was dismissed. Jackson will play some PG, so Timberlake will certainly see minutes. The bench is thin.

Reaction Score
Over the last 25 years UConn has always won in odd years between rings. 99-04 (5 years), 04-11 (7 years), 11-14 (3 years), 14-23 (9 years)…

the only number they haven’t done in the last 25 years is 1 year - which is a back to back …. And this team is set up perfect for it.

HAMMER THE HUSKIES +1600 LETS gooo!!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’ve seen that once or twice, but I’d be shocked if they go with the non shooter in that lineup.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I think St Johns being ranked makes more sense than Nova being ranked. The Johnnies have a proven coach who should get some results. Might be a little premature to rank them but Nova's ranking seems mostly based on hope and brand name.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I like having a team that isn't getting enough recognition. Keeps the players hungry.

Reaction Score
We're bringing in a ton of new guys and most of them are young. Freshman gonna make mistakes and hit a wall. Our league is stacked. Mainly, we're a young team. Two of our most experienced guys are only sophomores. Im just going into this year as a bonus year and sa chance to toughen up some players and get a couple more guys into the NBA.

Reaction Score
I really can't grasp how Purdue is this highly regarded in most of these polls

Reaction Score
Hurley is a much better coach then was a couple of years ago. If there is a gap between him and the top coaches the gap has shrunk considerably. Plus the staff is still together and functioning like a finely tuned machine. At this point, Hurley is as good as or nearly as good as the guy on the other bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom