Fanta's preseason rankings... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fanta's preseason rankings...

Reaction Score
I think St Johns being ranked makes more sense than Nova being ranked. The Johnnies have a proven coach who should get some results. Might be a little premature to rank them but Nova's ranking seems mostly based on hope and brand name.
Nova's roster is stacked. If they stay healthy and that's not a Top 25 team, Neptune should rethink his career.

Reaction Score
Aren't all of their starters back from last season? And they went 29-6. So it's not exactly a stretch even though they lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
It almost feels like a guarantee they'll have a gaudy record and be ranked #1 at some point with another really high seed and get bounced by some school most people have never heard of.

Reaction Score
Marquette and Creighton are better than us? Wow, that’s a tough BE best in country. Plus when you are playing such highly ranked teams all season long, lots of ups and downs. Is this year’s BE better than 2011’s?

Reaction Score
I really can't grasp how Purdue is this highly regarded in most of these polls
They were Marquette but better last season (won regular season B1G by 3 games and then conference tournament, played better than Marquette in non-conf). B1G is overrated, but they got 9 teams in the dance and Purdue won the conference by 3 full games.

And then they returned even more than Marquette (only dudes they lost were marginal bench pieces not anyone on OMax level) and got a better recruiting class and possibly an impact transfer (Purdue people are much higher on Jones than I am at this point, but I could be wrong).

And they return the most dominant college player in years (22 and 13 with 2 blocks per game on 60% shooting).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
They were Marquette but better last season (won regular season B1G by 3 games and then conference tournament, played better than Marquette in non-conf). B1G is overrated, but they got 9 teams in the dance and Purdue won the conference by 3 full games.

And then they returned even more than Marquette (only dudes they lost were marginal bench pieces not anyone on OMax level) and got a better recruiting class and possibly an impact transfer (Purdue people are much higher on Jones than I am at this point, but I could be wrong).

And they return the most dominant college player in years (22 and 13 with 2 blocks per game on 60% shooting).
People not grasping why Purdue is still great because they lost a game they’d win 19/20 times is so funny. It shouldn’t invalidate everything they accomplished, but it does in the mind of most fans. I’ll never understand it.

Reaction Score
People not grasping why Purdue is still great because they lost a game they’d win 19/20 times is so funny. It shouldn’t invalidate everything they accomplished, but it does in the mind of most fans. I’ll never understand it.
Purdue will be good. A national championship game of UConn/Purdue(ie Clingan VS Edey) would be prime time television

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Four BE in the top 15.
Interesting to see SJU with an entirely new team, at #20 View attachment 92004

Sure. Or take any 10 teams at random out of this ranking and replace them with 10 different teams, because reasons. I think this season is going to be nuts. The Portal has made it so hard to predict.

I am not crazy about Villanova, and am not a fan of UNC either. Some random MAC, MVC, AAC, other mid-major is going to make the Final 8. Your guess is as good as mine as to which one.

I do know that I am going to watch a spitload of college basketball this winter.

Reaction Score

Maybe it also has to do with them accruing a gaudy record due to playing in a Charmin-soft conference

Reaction Score
They beat Marquette, Gonzaga, Duke, and West Virginia and went undefeated out of conference. The latter 3 by an average of 16 points margin on a neutral court.
debbie downer GIF

Don’t ruin my smack-talk posts with numbers & data, nerd…

Reaction Score
I'm still having trouble seeing how Kansas has a better roster than us if we're both healthy, let alone how six other teams have a better roster than us. Top 10 but Hurley will still have ammunition for the boys.
Because theyre judging on us on what we lost not what we have. We lost out 3 best players one of which was the heart and soul of the team. But no worries, theyll learn. Theyll all learn.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Hurley is a much better coach then was a couple of years ago. If there is a gap between him and the top coaches the gap has shrunk considerably. Plus the staff is still together and functioning like a finely tuned machine. At this point, Hurley is as good as or nearly as good as the guy on the other bench.
I think we have a coaching staff supporting DH that is second to none. They synchronized perfectly down the stretch last year with Danny and now they have all hit their stride together and it shows everywhere from recruiting to ball movement to players morale. The unity of everyone to the team and its goals is phenomenal. Thats what makes all of this so exciting.

Reaction Score
I really can't grasp how Purdue is this highly regarded in most of these polls
They’ll be solid, but they play in the BigTen. Only one contender this year from that league and its Sparty…as always.

I’m also saying the same thing about Creighton. I do think they’ll be good, who do they have replacing Nembhard and Kaluma? McDermott is a helluva coach, I just think those are some big holes to fill

Reaction Score
What have they accomplished? Purdeww is the most overrated team in the most overrated conference. Stop it with the defense of this team. People got seated Hurley for 2 first round exits. Imagine if he lost to a 13 seed, 15 seed, and a 16 seed. Give me a break. They’re frauds and always will be.

Reaction Score
Trey Kaufman-Renn will be the x factor for Purdue this season. Very talented 4/5 front court player.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Aren't all of their starters back from last season? And they went 29-6. So it's not exactly a stretch even though they lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Yeah and their real Achilles heel last year was simply the inexperience of the 2 frosh guards. With a year under their belts they will be much better. Painter flames out in the tourney for whatever reason (and obviously last year was historically epic) but Purdue will be top 10 wire to wire in regular season I think. (btw I love making predictions like that because I won't care one iota if I'm wrong haha)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom