Fans of other teams | The Boneyard

Fans of other teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a feeling pretty much every other major program in the country has message boards that look just like ours right now. Every team expecting to have a great season is losing a lot. It's a little comforting to know we aren't unique in our shoddy play, it's going on with everyone.

Reaction Score
All the ESPN analysts have said it and it's true: there's no great teams this year. Lots of "good" teams but no great ones. Anyone can win the championship this year and it won't come as a surprise. If I had to give it a stab, I'd say Oklahoma is the best team in the country.

Reaction Score
my wahoos have beat the likes of wvu, miami, nova and then lost to va tech, and ga tech...it's been an interesting season...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
well, at least the programs that are used to winning will be exploding

CT, Dook, UK, Cuse, MSU, KU, UCLA, FL to name a few

I'm guessing at places like BC, their 3 forum members are too numb to moan

Reaction Score
my wahoos have beat the likes of wvu, miami, nova and then lost to va tech, and ga tech...it's been an interesting season...
The hoos have the chaunciest fan base on earth.

Reaction Score
I think that there is more pressure on a non P5 basketball giant like UConn than on a good P5 program.

Duke, UNC, Louisville, Ohio State etc can have an off year without talk of a downward, maybe irreversible cycle attributed to conference change.

Right now the RPI is not especially kind to UConn (#63) .....But still only second in conference to SMU.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I have a feeling pretty much every other major program in the country has message boards that look just like ours right now.

THIS IS MY MESSAGE BOARD. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.

MY MESSAGE BOARD IS MY BEST FRIEND. IT IS MY LIFE. I MUST MASTER IT AS I MUST MASTER MY LIFE.

BEFORE JAMES A. CALHOUN, I SWEAR THIS CREED. MY MESSAGE BOARD AND I ARE THE DEFENDERS OF THIS BASKETBALL PROGRAM. WE ARE THE MASTERS OF OUR ENEMY. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LIFE.

SO BE IT, UNTIL VICTORY IS UCONN'S AND THERE IS NO ENEMY, BUT CHAMPIONSHIP #5!

Reaction Score
I have no idea what that means...even checking urban dictionary makes me think you have no clue
Because you have no clue and are looking up the incorrect word. Try the form of the word, Chauncey. I could have used "most Chauncey" instead of "Chaunciest" to make things easier for you. I will consider this next time pink collar shirt popper.

During the Elite 8 at MSG, there were numerous chauncites walking around with their Hoos gear. And by gear, im taking logo'd khaki pants complete with numerous miniature Hoos logos. Shoo shoo, Hoos.

Actually, I dont mind Virginia. My cousin works in the athletic department there. I think she is coming up for the football game this year (if memory serves me right).

chauncey
1. a man aged 18-24 who wears pink collared shirts, (with collar up), plaid abercrombie shorts, normally drives an expensive vehicle. Extremely prevelant in the upper north east part of the country. Also, this man seems to always be holding a red solo cup, and be obsessed with the terms Shocker, or Bro. (Word creation credited to Pat)
Chauncey 1: Hey bro (while talking on a nextel 2-way cell phone)...that was sick yesterday bro.
Chauncey 2: (holding a solo cup) bro i know bro. The shocker!!!!
C1: yeeeeaaahhhh
by John Radzinski as applied by pat trayes September 08, 2005

Reaction Score
I sat next to a couple Virginia boosters during the first game at the Garden in December. Both very cool guys, despite being in finance.

I don't take that much comfort in the fact that these elite teams are losing to also-rans, because most of them can at least off-set the losses with marquee wins.

Reaction Score
Because you have no clue and are looking up the incorrect word. Try the form of the word, Chauncey. I could have used "most Chauncey" instead of "Chaunciest" to make things easier for you. I will consider this next time pink collar shirt popper.

During the Elite 8 at MSG, there were numerous chauncites walking around with their Hoos gear. And by gear, im taking logo'd khaki pants complete with numerous miniature Hoos logos. Shoo shoo, Hoos.

Actually, I dont mind Virginia. My cousin works in the athletic department there. I think she is coming up for the football game this year (if memory serves me right).

chauncey
1. a man aged 18-24 who wears pink collared shirts, (with collar up), plaid abercrombie shorts, normally drives an expensive vehicle. Extremely prevelant in the upper north east part of the country. Also, this man seems to always be holding a red solo cup, and be obsessed with the terms Shocker, or Bro. (Word creation credited to Pat)
Chauncey 1: Hey bro (while talking on a nextel 2-way cell phone)...that was sick yesterday bro.
Hmmm well in that case I've got no argument...you're right I was looking at the wrong word

Wine and cheese crowd for sure at football, but the basketball fans tend to be better especially since new JPJ arena went up. I can proudly say I wasn't a frat guy so I dressed like a normal person to sporting events.

Reaction Score

chauncey
also, FYI

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chauncey

I like that description better

Reaction Score
Funny, one of the boards I visit the most is Kansas. It's an entertaining site with some fart smellers and now and then absoltutely riotous threads. Their Scout board has a Hall Of Fame for Photoshop stuff that has to be seen.

Back to the point, watching their fans reactions has been a study in internet psychology. Right now, they are numbed into depression by events this season.

I have had a bout with colon cancer, fellas. Looks like I won, lol, having said that. I had two surgeries both of which knocked me flat in my arse. I have been less adventurous than in the past in my internetting...........as much fun as I have had here, (and much of it in watching you succeed!), I just bowed out of the obsessive posting business except on my Scout board at Louisville. We are talking about a year and a half of pain, all in all. But I am back and bad again, just old as hell, lol. Spent a gorgeous couple weeks in San Diego with my daughter which sort of marked my re-emergence into a more robust health. It's been a trail of tears, lol. (I am being dramatic to get sympathy).

I miss some of our old back and forths. BTW, Louisville is mounting up to make a very sweet run. Time for you guys to manhandle SMU.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Good to see you - glad you're better.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Funny, one of the boards I visit the most is Kansas. It's an entertaining site with some fart smellers and now and then absoltutely riotous threads. Their Scout board has a Hall Of Fame for Photoshop stuff that has to be seen.

Back to the point, watching their fans reactions has been a study in internet psychology. Right now, they are numbed into depression by events this season.

I have had a bout with colon cancer, fellas. Looks like I won, lol, having said that. I had two surgeries both of which knocked me flat in my arse. I have been less adventurous than in the past in my internetting......as much fun as I have had here, (and much of it in watching you succeed!), I just bowed out of the obsessive posting business except on my Scout board at Louisville. We are talking about a year and a half of pain, all in all. But I am back and bad again, just old as hell, lol. Spent a gorgeous couple weeks in San Diego with my daughter which sort of marked my re-emergence into a more robust health. It's been a trail of tears, lol. (I am being dramatic to get sympathy).

I miss some of our old back and forths. BTW, Louisville is mounting up to make a very sweet run. Time for you guys to manhandle SMU.

Congrats on getting better and hope you're feeling 100% soon (or as good as it gets!). Stop by and let us know about how the Cards are doing.

Reaction Score

I have had a bout with colon cancer, fellas. Looks like I won, lol, having said that. I had two surgeries both of which knocked me flat in my arse. I have been less adventurous than in the past in my internetting......as much fun as I have had here, (and much of it in watching you succeed!), I just bowed out of the obsessive posting business except on my Scout board at Louisville. We are talking about a year and a half of pain, all in all. But I am back and bad again, just old as hell, lol. Spent a gorgeous couple weeks in San Diego with my daughter which sort of marked my re-emergence into a more robust health. It's been a trail of tears, lol. (I am being dramatic to get sympathy).

Good to hear from you as well as the good news. Continued health Senore.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Fairfield, the alma mater.

Vermont, because they beat Cuse in 05'.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Congrats on getting better and hope you're feeling 100% soon (or as good as it gets!). Stop by and let us know about how the Cards are doing.
I second this. You had been the cream of the UL posters. Tallest midget, and all that, but glad you are recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom