Falling Dominoes >>> Jordan Tucker to Duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Falling Dominoes >>> Jordan Tucker to Duke

Reaction Score
Texas is a 4-22 team that's a long way from home, even though he plays it could take them a while get in the Big Dance

They were 11-22 but are bringing in a good recruiting class and are the only school of those in contention for Wilson that can offer more playing time than UConn. I have no idea what our odds are but it certainly feels like it's either St. John's (currently visiting), UConn (already visited), Texas (no visits set up). If he doesn't commit by Sunday to SJU, I would feel much better about our chances (especially if he never takes an OV to Texas).

Reaction Score
A lot of cuse fans are talking about going after waters now
I wish Cuse would go after Waters. He would probably start PG but Boeheim is as stubborn as ever these days and thinks he's too short to be on his team, even though there's currently not a competent PG on the roster.

Reaction Score
If Duval doesnt go to Duke, you can be sure Duke will offer Waters and take him from us like they did to Cuse.

Waters is on Duval watch like Tucker was on Knox watch.

PS: Recruiting sucks nowadays that we have to hope top recruits go to Duke or UK so that they dont offer their second or third options at each position which affects programs like us. However, that only feeds these one and done factories that create these situations making them more prevalent.

Reaction Score
They are as desperate as we are. That team is awful.
I think that if they played as the rosters stand right now, it would be a very very close game. However, I would argue that Cuse has the edge at 3 positions and may add two more players in Dolezaj and Thorpe, two wildcards.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think that if they played as the rosters stand right now, it would be a very very close game. However, I would argue that Cuse has the edge at 3 positions and may add two more players in Dolezaj and Thorpe, two wildcards.
That doesn't help your argument. They're in a bad place and their head coach position is worse off than we are. Waters could be a defense monster like three previous guards if he comes to uconn which will help elevate his game. Plus waters would excel at running the floor with Adams Gilbert and larrier. At Syracuse his height will show even more in the zone and he won't improve defensively if he wants to improve

Reaction Score
From what I gather, it would be quite the surprise of we landed Wilson anyways. I'm more interested in how his effects Waters.
I may sound old fashioned but give me a 3 who is a shooter and shooting doesn't appear to be Wilson's strength.

Reaction Score
That doesn't help your argument. They're in a bad place and their head coach position is worse off than we are. Waters could be a defense monster like three previous guards if he comes to UConn which will help elevate his game. Plus waters would excel at running the floor with Adams Gilbert and larrier. At Syracuse his height will show even more in the zone and he won't improve defensively if he wants to improve
My comment was in response to "that team is awful". I think once the dust settles and the roster is finalized, SU will be a top 8 team in the ACC.

Reaction Score
In no way am I suggesting UConn is better and yes the game would be close. There are too many wild cards on both ends to argue who is better. It is much easier to suggest that misery enjoys company. It is as miserable in Syracuse as it is in Storrs.

Reaction Score
@EastCoast2 Did Lydon end up coming back or has he not decided yet?
Hired an agent, officially done playing college basketball. It's going to be interesting to see what he can do at the pro level. I hope he does well but think he'll struggle. He's one of those tweeners who is not athletic/quick enough to play the 3 and
Not big/strong enough to play the 4. Kind of like CJ Fair who was a very very good college player but just a step too slow and/or 2 inches too short. Lydon has range, though. He showed that for a full 2 seasons, hitting threes from well beyond the arch. The NBA is a different animal .

Reaction Score
Hired an agent, officially done playing college basketball. It's going to be interesting to see what he can do at the pro level. I hope he does well but think he'll struggle. He's one of those tweeners who is not athletic/quick enough to play the 3 and
Not big/strong enough to play the 4. Kind of like CJ Fair who was a very very good college player but just a step too slow and/or 2 inches too short. Lydon has range, though. He showed that for a full 2 seasons, hitting threes from well beyond the arch. The NBA is a different animal .

Like them both but CJ Fair was a much better overall player than Lydon so I'm not sure what these kids do for homework anymore. He needs to get better in a couple areas and college could have helped, maybe not. I agree he will struggle to just make a roster.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Not big/strong enough to play the 4.
Lydon tested out with guard-level quickness according to ESPN:

• Shuttle run fastest scores: Frank Jackson (2.70 seconds), Hamidou Diallo (2.79), Tyler Lydon (2.81), Jordan Bell (2.83) and Isaiah Briscoe (2.85)
You're right that he's kind of a 'tweener, but that's fine in the modern, switch-everything NBA.

Reaction Score

So of the guys who played meaningful minutes last year you have Battle, Chukwu, Howard, and Thompson coming back? I would be more hopeful if I liked your recruiting class better. Battle and Thompson seem like legit cornerstones but I think you're a piece away, maybe a guy like Waters, if you're going to be a meaningful team next year.

Reaction Score
Lydon tested out with guard-level quickness according to ESPN:

• Shuttle run fastest scores: Frank Jackson (2.70 seconds), Hamidou Diallo (2.79), Tyler Lydon (2.81), Jordan Bell (2.83) and Isaiah Briscoe (2.85)
You're right that he's kind of a 'tweener, but that's fine in the modern, switch-everything NBA.

I honestly don't even know what a tweener is any more. I mean can he guard Aldridge probably not, but with a seven foot wingspan, three point range, and advanced passing skills, he's a very enticing prospect to my eye.

Reaction Score
So of the guys who played meaningful minutes last year you have Battle, Chukwu, Howard, and Thompson coming back? I would be more hopeful if I liked your recruiting class better. Battle and Thompson seem like legit cornerstones but I think you're a piece away, maybe a guy like Waters, if you're going to be a meaningful team next year.
Pretty much. Subject to any big surprises, it'll be the Tyus Battle/Taurean Thompson show.

PG: Kind of a mess right now. As it stands, Frank Howard is the starter. He looked incredible the first 2-3 weeks of the season, like all-ACC incredible, then looked like he belonged playing D2 and was benched for most of the rest of the season. Seems like Tremont Waters isn't an option at this point, but Geno Thorpe from USF might be visiting soon. He's also looking at Pitt since that's close to his home.

SG: Tyus Battle will be asked to play 38 mpg and take the most shots on the team.

SF: Oshae Brissett (Canadian POY) and maybe Matt Moyer getting some minutes there. I like Brissett more than Moyer right now, he's like a smaller Jerami Grant, but I could be totally off on that comparison. Also trying to get Marek Dolezaj, a 6'9 wing from Slovakia. Commitment might happen within the week.

PF: Taurean Thompson/Matt Moyer/Brissett will play PF by committee

C: Paschal Chukwu/Taurean Thompson/Bourama Sidibe will play C by committee

All in all, still hurting from scholarship reductions and by either striking out on or mishandling the recruitments of Quade Green, Brandon Randolph, Hami Diallo, Lonnie Walker, Matt Coleman, Isaiah Washington, and now Jordan Tucker. 2017 will be a recruiting cycle to forget.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom