Fall Camp - The QB Battle | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp - The QB Battle

Reaction Score
Just my thoughts, but I believe if he had gone to a SEC school he would not have been a 3* QB.
Think by 247 standards if he graded out to a 0.89 it would make him a 4 star. He actually made it over that last spring then it fell below over that summer. His timeline says the last P5 off was Pitt in early 2021. As of June 2022, it was very close again to 4-star status at 0.88. The SEC offers were in 2020 as a 3 star. You can follow a recruits rating history on 247 if you query it.

Reaction Score
Apparently not. They gave up 24 ppg. We gave up 38. That’s a two touchdown per game difference. They are not great, but that is vastly superior.
Vastly Superior? I don’t know about that, they played a cupcake schedule. The only difficult opponent they played all season was Wisconsin and they lost that game 59-10. They were down 13-7 to New Mexico St at the half last season, and NM St was supposed to be worse than us. Utah State also was blown out by Wyoming 44-17 last year, compare that to Wyoming beating us 24-22 in a game we easily could have won. The pessimism by some posters about losing big to this team is over the top. Why the line is 28 points is beyond me. I think UConn probably loses this away game but I think they definitely beat the spread, maybe by a lot.

Reaction Score
Vastly Superior? I don’t know about that, they played a cupcake schedule. The only difficult opponent they played all season was Wisconsin and they lost that game 59-10. They were down 13-7 to New Mexico St at the half last season, and NM St was supposed to be worse than us. Utah State also was blown out by Wyoming 44-17 last year, compare that to Wyoming beating us 24-22 in a game we easily could have won. The pessimism by some posters about losing big to this team is over the top. Why the line is 28 points is beyond me. I think UConn probably loses this away game but I think they definitely beat the spread, maybe by a lot.

If they played a cupcake schedule what did Uconn play? I’d rather get blown out by Wisconsin than Army... But now with Spanos gone the defense should greatly improve

Reaction Score
If they played a cupcake schedule what did Uconn play? I’d rather get blown out by Wisconsin than Army... But now with Spanos gone the defense should greatly improve
Hey, no one said your not entitled to your opinion, even if your dog is smarter than you are.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe Utah State played Wisconsin in 2021. Their defense in in 21 was thought to be much better than in 20.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe Utah State played Wisconsin in 2021. Their defense in in 21 was thought to be much better than in 20.
They didn't, the Wisconsin game he mentioned was in 2017 so I have no idea what relevance it was supposed to have on their defense this season

Reaction Score
So Uconn played a much tougher schedule than Utah St? That’s interesting
In 2021 UConn's top toughest opponents per Massey year end ratings were Clemson #11, Purdue #13 and Houston #34 while US's was BYU #34 and next highest was Air Force at #42. So at the top end UConn had some better opponents.

During the meat of their schedule US played teams ranked #111, 97, 92, 126, 96, 88, 122 and lost to #88. UConn had 4 opponents over # 61 which were #88, 91, 108 and 130 and lost them all.

Utah State played 14 games and had only one FCS opponent while UConn played 12 games and had 2 FCS opponents.

At the top end UConn's toughest 6 opponents ranked average of #38 vs # 45 for US, so bit tougher. Rest of FBS UConn's 4 opponents ranked #104 vs also #104 for US's remaining 7 FBS opponents so a wash. In US's favor was UConn played 2 FCS opponent and US played 1.

Guess overall would challenge the "much" of "much tougher" schedule but maybe a bit tougher could be argued. At least would say US getting 6 wins against teams ranked #92 or higher and highest win against #42 Air Force doesn't suggest they faced a murder's row of opponents to get to 11 wins.

Reaction Score
So Uconn played a much tougher schedule than Utah St? That’s interesting
Show me where I said UConn played a much tougher schedule than Utah State. Never even hinted that they did.

Reaction Score
This is correct, the Aggies did not play Wisconsin last year. In my opinion the 27.5 points the Aggies are favored are probably about 10 points too many. The line is since it is week 0 is obviously determined based on last year's projections. We all know that last year does not translate to this year. The Aggies 2020 year was a complete debacle. A new coach was brought in and completely changed the mindset and culture of the Aggies. I don't know what to think of UCONN this year. Coach Mora seems to have a brought in a new culture and lots of excitement to the team. He also brought in a lot of transfers which the Aggies did last year as well. I think the Aggies will win the game, but I would be surprised to see them cover the 27.5 points. I obviously hope they do cover that spread, but think it will be a tougher game than what most predict. I hope the Aggies are ready.

Reaction Score
That difference in ppg (or that ratio for anything in life) is vastly superior. I could cherry pick some other halftime scores, or gone with the “could have won” but we were either on the cusp of or gave up 50 points 7 times last year on a relatively similar overall strength of schedule. FCS Holy cross laid 38 on us for goodness sake. No one roots more for the old alma mater than I do (want my airfare bill from Clemson last year?), but facts are facts. Not rooting against, just trying to be objective based on objective information available.
The only other way I could compare is if I was told a service I was paying for would be $1,000, and when I was actually handed the bill it was $1,600. I for one would think that I was being vastly overcharged. That’s why I used the word.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think he objects to phrases like this. I didn't go back and look but off the top of one's head ....
Objects is too strong a phrase. I just think they’re pointless and don’t further the discussion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom