Fall Camp - The QB Battle | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp - The QB Battle

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I am definitely falling in to the "guy who came in to camp as the #1 hasn't definitely separated himself from a true freshman, a transfer with almost no PT under his belt and a soph still rehabbing from an ACL" camp.

I'm right here. I just can't get past TR's horrendous game action last season. I take a small ray of hope that the true freshman is right there at a minimum.

Practice is practice. Games are games. Final exams still to come.

Reaction Score
LOL, Utah State is receiving votes in the preseason polls. As things stand today they are considered a vastly superior opponent.

Really, you need to relax. I can almost hear your blood pressure over here. Don’t worry you’re safe, no one‘s threatening you. Lol.

They are good but they are like #86 on ESPN’s Power Index.

Reaction Score
LOL, Utah State is receiving votes in the preseason polls. As things stand today they are considered a vastly superior opponent.

Really, you need to relax. I can almost hear your blood pressure over here. Don’t worry you’re safe, no one‘s threatening you. Lol.
Their defense is awful, they’re not going to be chasing anyone, except a couple of cheerleaders. Though maybe their defensive backfield might be chasing Turner or Roberson into the end zone.

Reaction Score
Some of yall forget that ZT was recruited by SEC’s schools and could have potentially started at those schools if he was to beat out their qb1… we can’t keep going back and forth about him being a freshmen playing is a high risk… maybe he already has the tangibles and is able to come in play lights out or maybe he doesn’t.. but with Mora and Co, they’re gonna play the best qb who gives us the best chance to win. If ZT beats out TQ, then we know they TQ is a good qb but ZT is a slight bit better than him skill wise and it will be shocking cuz you’ll expect TQ to easily beat out an incoming freshmen, but hey it happens in all sports.

Reaction Score
First, Utah State will regress toward the mean this year. They will not win 11 games. They will very likely have a What the Frig loss they avoided last year. That could be us in the opener.

Second, we will know the starter when Mora announces it. I would not be surprised to see a couple of QBs get snaps in the mountains.

Reaction Score
“Chased all day by a superior opponent”, “getting sacked, by who? I was aware that Utah State’s defense gave up almost as many points as UConn did last year. Apparently you were not. Their defense sucks!!! They are terrible. You can take all that manufactured pessimism and stick it you know where. The kid is the real deal.
Recent history has shown most defenses play pretty well against UCONN, even UMass last year.

Reaction Score
Let the fury reign down on me, but

Why are posters locked in on a player they’ve never seen and know little about? 78 sounds like Mahomes brother when it comes to a guy (ZT) he has never once seen in pads. Others attack TR because he sharted in the Iowa game.

Here’s hoping we’ve got a guy who can command the huddle, slow the game down, protect the rock and stick to the gameplan. Heck, here’s hoping we have 2 or 3, because it’s damn near impossible to keep your qb healthy all year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Some of yall forget that ZT was recruited by SEC’s schools and could have potentially started at those schools if he was to beat out their qb1… we can’t keep going back and forth about him being a freshmen playing is a high risk… maybe he already has the tangibles and is able to come in play lights out or maybe he doesn’t.. but with Mora and Co, they’re gonna play the best qb who gives us the best chance to win. If ZT beats out TQ, then we know they TQ is a good qb but ZT is a slight bit better than him skill wise and it will be shocking cuz you’ll expect TQ to easily beat out an incoming freshmen, but hey it happens in all sports.
Get real. 3* QBs don't start at SEC schools as true freshmen. Most likely they don't ever start. I hope he's great, but let's not build him up into something he's not.

We'll find out when they take the field. I plan to root for whoever it is. I seriously doubt there is any substantial separation at this point, including Millen.

Reaction Score

Anyone can receive votes, doesn’t mean they’re in the top 25 or even the top 50. They suck, their defense is one of the worst in the country. Their offense is good, very good, I’ll givem that, but that’s it. Mabey they’re considered a vastly superior opponent to Fordham or Fairfield Universities Club team. My blood pressure is fine, your thought process is what needs some medication.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone can receive votes, doesn’t mean they’re in the top 25 or even the top 50. They suck, their defense is one of the worst in the country. Their offense is good, very good, I’ll givem that, but that’s it. Mabey they’re considered a vastly superior opponent to Fordham or Fairfield Universities Club team. My blood pressure is fine, your thought process is what needs some medication.
No, it just seems that you always feel the need to tack on an ad hominem attack. That’s usually a sign that someone is either very angry or has an incredible inferiority complex. Thanks for eliminating the former.

Reaction Score
No, it just seems that you always feel the need to tack on an ad hominem attack. That’s usually a sign that someone is either very angry or has an incredible inferiority complex. Thanks for eliminating the former.
Ok ok you win, let’s put Utah State in the CF playoffs, maybe 7 or 8 will make you happy.

Reaction Score
I will make a different guess. TR with the next man up CM if TR is injured or ineffective given the performance of the line.

Reaction Score
“Chased all day by a superior opponent”, “getting sacked, by who? I was aware that Utah State’s defense gave up almost as many points as UConn did last year. Apparently you were not. Their defense sucks!!! They are terrible. You can take all that manufactured pessimism and stick it you know where. The kid is the real deal.
Apparently not. They gave up 24 ppg. We gave up 38. That’s a two touchdown per game difference. They are not great, but that is vastly superior.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we have our answer:

A7BF7F75-7E43-45C3-B7D4-7EB87324147A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Get real. 3* QBs don't start at SEC schools as true freshmen. Most likely they don't ever start. I hope he's great, but let's not build him up into something he's not.

We'll find out when they take the field. I plan to root for whoever it is. I seriously doubt there is any substantial separation at this point, including Millen.
Just my thoughts, but I believe if he had gone to a SEC school he would not have been a 3* QB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom