Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne

Reaction Score
UConn loses top running back for season; Freshman Travis Jones making an impact

>>Redshirt freshman Zavier Scott and sophomore Kevin Mensah, who led the team in rushing a season ago, are fighting for the starting tailback spot. True freshmen Dante Black and Khyon Gillespie could factor into the running back picture while walk-on Lavarey Banton has been moved from linebacker to running back.<<

>> “Golly, probably one of the biggest kids I have ever seen,” UConn sophomore defensive end A.J. Garson said. “He is quick, he has some quickness to him for his size. When he gets going, it is hard to stop him.”<<

>>“I was like, ‘wow, that is a big defensive end,’” Van Demark said of his first impression of Jones. “He is doing well and we are all going to try to make him better.”<<

Reaction Score
He was committed to Rutty P5, and I believe he had a few other offers. His family wanted him close to home. That's also how Randy got 5 star Stefon Diggs to Maryland. I wish more CT families wanted their elite FB playing sons closer to home.

Think it was Pitt

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Clip features Edsall talking to Nyadu, then Murphy vs Holmes and some clips of Pindell scrambling. Pindell has no problem running away from Jones from the looks of it.

Reaction Score
Sad to see O’Reilly go down but I really think that Black can be one of those historic UCONN RBs that we talk about for a long time. I’m looking forward to seeing how he develops.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Clip features Edsall talking to Nyadu, then Murphy vs Holmes and some clips of Pindell scrambling. Pindell has no problem running away from Jones from the looks of it.

Based only on the one play we see each get the ball on, it looks like Black has the edge over Gillespie for RB3.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I would hope our QB, who has sub 4.5 40 speed can outrun a 350lb DL?
What I want is Jones to crush him - but Pindell still gets a 50 yard bomb launched. Win-win.;)

Reaction Score
But but offers don’t matter?
I honestly am just sick of the back and forth. with edsall, I don't think offers matter that much. with Diaco it meant everything considering it seemed like all of his guys only had FCS offers and never garnered any sort of interest from FBS programs.

Mensah is a good example. He had interest from Michigan but no real offers but he was clearly capable to play here. We can go on and on but the fact is that Edsall has found plenty of quality football players who didn't have any other real offers

Reaction Score
I honestly am just sick of the back and forth. with edsall, I don't think offers matter that much. with Diaco it meant everything considering it seemed like all of his guys only had FCS offers and never garnered any sort of interest from FBS programs.

Mensah is a good example. He had interest from Michigan but no real offers but he was clearly capable to play here. We can go on and on but the fact is that Edsall has found plenty of quality football players who didn't have any other real offers

Thank you. Everyone is stuck in the all or nothing crap as if anything in life is that easy. There is some correlation between both stars and offers and success. But it's not overwhelmingly strong, and Edsall has already proven that he can succeed in a different manner.

But we all know this snide back and forth as if it has to be totally irrelevant or the only thing that matters isn't going away any time soon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stole this from Reddit if anyone likes their numbers as pictures

uconn%20-%20sp%2B%20-%20red-green.png

Reaction Score
Stole this from Reddit if anyone likes their numbers as pictures

uconn%20-%20sp%2B%20-%20red-green.png
The team has this on the bulletin board, right? I sure hope so... (Doubt kills... Don't think Edsall 2.0 is built like that)

Reaction Score
I don't think this is worthy of a new thread, but I just got an email about an alumni discount for tickets to the homecoming game vs. UMass. Looks like $15 for tickets in the corners.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom