Fair Weather? I don't give an | The Boneyard

Fair Weather? I don't give an

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm done. When the team( coaches and players)decides to start showing up then I'll show up. Not another dime from my pocket. I demand quality in anything I pay a premium for.

Reaction Score
Have fun fishing!

Seriously, the biggest problem has been fired. We are playing out the string here. Hurts like hell but hang in there. Lets see what Ward has in store in the next hire. This is a patch job right now two coaches short. All I want to see is heart and development and and a win or two. A lot of these guys won't be here may be none as far as the coaches. I can honestly say, I'll only miss Foley. Not a single other coach on this staff has made a positive impression on me. Next closest is TJ.

Reaction Score
Hang in. Because WHEN we win again it will be that much sweeter.
There are pieces on the field that will help us going forward.

Bag the "I'm with you win or tie attitude".

Reaction Score
Remember how sweet those first BE wins over GTwon, Cuse, and StJ's were after Calhoun replaced Perno? We have to have faith that Warde's hire makes it feel like that!

Reaction Score
I'm done. When the team( coaches and players)decides to start showing up then I'll show up. Not another dime from my pocket. I demand quality in anything I pay a premium for.
If you are a season ticket holder like me, everything is already paid for. Even though we aren't winning I still enjoy the game day experience. The tailgating, conversing with people around me at the game and just watching football in general.

Reaction Score
I'm also a mets fan, so this is nothing new, still sucks though

Reaction Score
I'm a mets fan too. Thank God for the Patriots for me.

Reaction Score

Wow, I'm glad I will never have to be in a foxhole with you. Talk about a quitter!!

Reaction Score
Bye - Bye

Edsall_medium.jpg

Reaction Score

If the football program were a stock we would be up 25% over the last three weeks, we might even be up today just based on Boyle's ability to throw the heck out of the ball. Now is the time to buy.

Reaction Score
Just have to take the pain. I'm dumb enough to believe these kids can win, even after being fooled 6 times straight. PGDL literally destroyed the program and burned it down to the ground. This is beyond going back to basics unfortunately, and will take a few years. We do have some players to build around, especially Boyle. Both lines are complete rebuilds.

In the meantime, I'll keep the faith, go into each week believing, come out pissed and do it again until we get a W.

Reaction Score

you realize we might be struggling for a few years? So you're gone for the long term?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Warde is on the clock and he is probably sh&tting his britches.
This team competes in a few games but cannot close and if they fall behind by 10+ points early the game is over. TJ not the answer. Time to clean house in 6 weeks.

Ball's in your court Rock Star.....

Reaction Score
If the football program were a stock we would be up 25% over the last three weeks, we might even be up today just based on Boyle's ability to throw the heck out of the ball. Now is the time to buy.

UConn is the new Priceline. In 2008 Priceline was at about 58. Today they are 1048. Who the funk woulda guessed that? They are a CT based company that needs to buy UConn low and take us high. :rolleyes:

chart

Reaction Score
Remember how sweet those first BE wins over GTwon, Cuse, and StJ's were after Calhoun replaced Perno? We have to have faith that Warde's hire makes it feel like that!

Yeah, but back then UConn's hoop team was a member of one of the nation's premier basketball conferences. Calhoun could (and did, by his own admission) recruit the conference to get "not-quite-ready-for-prime-time-players". The Big East was Calhoun's best asset Soon he was getting his share of the best of the best and the rest was history.

Today, UConn is in a crap conference that will become a MAC/Conference USA, irrelevant conference in football and hoops. The future in College sports is with the Power 5 conference.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but back then UConn's hoop team was a member of one of the nation's premier basketball conferences. Calhoun could (and did, by his own admission) recruit the conference to get "not-quite-ready-for-prime-time-players". The Big East was Calhoun's best asset Soon he was getting his share of the best of the best and the rest was history.

Today, UConn is in a crap conference that will become a MAC/Conference USA, irrelevant conference in football and hoops. The future in College sports is with the Power 5 conference.

Well, if you can figure out how to get us an invite, go right ahead and amaze us all. Gotta keep grinding. Otherwise fold up tent and go home.

Reaction Score
Well, if you can figure out how to get us an invite, go right ahead and amaze us all. Gotta keep grinding. Otherwise fold up tent and go home.

Cincy's in the same position as UConn and what are they doing? 86 million on stadium renovation (expansion). And funny they don't seem to be hesitant that there were empty seats at today's game. Louisville did the same. UConn? Not so much.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cincy's in the same position as UConn and what are they doing? 86 million on stadium renovation (expansion). And funny they don't seem to be hesitant that there were empty seats at today's game. Louisville did the same. UConn? Not so much.

You can put a 100,000 seat stadium where the Rent is and we'll still be in the AAC in five years.

Reaction Score

Smoke and mirrors. Last renovated in 1992 and the seating moves to maybe 40k through addition of premium seating which will be paid for through private donations and suite/premium seat revenue. Basically playing catch up to UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The stadium argument is silly. It's only people stuck in the past that would care how big a stadium is. There is a reason why professional teams across sports keep moving into smaller stadiums.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You can put a 100,000 seat stadium where the Rent is and we'll still be in the AAC in five years.

Staus quote does nothing either. Just saying

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Staus quote does nothing either. Just saying

Showing a true commitment to football would be the best thing they could do.

Not sold on Warde yet but he made good hires at Buffalo. His last hire there should be back on Warde's radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom