Facey's Presence in the Mix | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Facey's Presence in the Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Some guy named Freeman was 6'6" and that seemed to work out okay.

yea but not everyone is freeman
You would be wrong if you said that.

You would be very wrong if you said it Charles Barkley's face.
barkley is an all time great, i didn't realise facey was a barkley clone

Reaction Score
Until we see all these guys and the various permutations of personnel combinations on the floor against real competition, we won't have any idea where we actually stand. But there's no question that we stand in a better place with Facey than without him.

spot on... these are the types of problems coaches like to deal with.

Reaction Score
The issue isn't that Facey is under-sized for a 4 in college.

The issue is that Facey is likely under-sized for a 5 in college, but might be under-skilled for a 4 (depending on how Ollie wants to play his lineup). He could have trouble finding a role. That's the concern.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? That's the concern for who?

Reaction Score

The larger point is that we're over analyzing this. Free was too small to be an ideal 4, Boone wasn't skilled enough, Adrien was too short, and Roscoe wasn't big enough. The one 4 they all have in common is the Final one.

If you can play, you can play. Our first NC team didn't have a prototype anything - a stocky PG, a shooting guard who couldn't shoot, a 3 who was too skinny, an undersized 4 and a 5 with no back to the basket game at all.

Reaction Score

The point you don't seem to get is that you're not a "stretch 4" just because someone thinks you're not as big as a traditional power forward. Your skill set determines whether or not you're a stretch 4. Dirk is 7 feet tall for ***** sake.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I saw Facey at the bar with Brimah last night (go figure, both probably 18) and Facey was only an inch or so shorter than Brimah. I was a little bit intoxicated so I dont know if that means Facey is tall or if Brimah is shorter than advertised, but Im gonna go with option A.

Reaction Score
I saw Facey at the bar with Brimah last night (go figure, both probably 18) and Facey was only an inch or so shorter than Brimah. I was a little bit intoxicated so I dont know if that means Facey is tall or if Brimah is shorter than advertised, but Im gonna go with option A.

That's what it looked like when they were on the side during First Night to me......

Where was this "Huskies"?

I have always seen the players at the bar after games in the past also dating back to Ray Ray..........

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The larger point is that we're over analyzing this. Free was too small to be an ideal 4, Boone wasn't skilled enough, Adrien was too short, and Roscoe wasn't big enough. The one 4 they all have in common is the Final one.

If you can play, you can play. Our first NC team didn't have a prototype anything - a stocky PG, a shooting guard who couldn't shoot, a 3 who was too skinny, an undersized 4 and a 5 with no back to the basket game at all.

this^

Reaction Score
Mr. Boon - I would not make a statement that was not clearly an opinion without a source. I do agree that Facey seemed to be the tallest player on his team, but Li Lu is a successful program and the 6' 7" center was a beast, not a "guard who jacked up shots."
https://secure.timesunion.com/ASPStories/Story.asp?storyID=1128316&newsdate=2/6/2012&BCCode=MBTA
"After a seesaw contest that featured nine lead changes and seven ties, Long Island Lutheran took control with superior work in the paint — led by the combination of 6-foot-7 senior center Ryan DiNicola, 6-9 junior forward Kentan Facey and 6-3 junior forward K.J. Lee. The trio combined for 48 points and 34 rebounds, including 20 points and 21 boards by DiNicola."
ok, but this wasn't last year, it was 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
With Facey, this team now has tremendous depth, KO's going to have a lot of fun. This will be a season to remember.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
That's what it looked like when they were on the side during First Night to me......

Where was this "Huskies"?

I have always seen the players at the bar after games in the past also dating back to Ray Ray..........

Sports Bar

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Please tell me that TO was not their designated driver!!!!

Reaction Score
I don't care if our PF is short like Charles Barkley 6'6 or Dennis Rodman 6'7 as long as he can rebound the damn ball.

Jeff Adrian was barely 6'8 and did a hell of job as a pf, face is still growing, he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom