Facey shout out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Facey shout out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rodney opened the game with a pass on the wing to a moving Facey about 25 feet from the basket - who's fault is that? He bobbled it OOB's ok but why would you throw him the ball there? He doesn't have great hands like Ab but they need to only see it when they are in scoring position. If they bobble it then shame on them. He caught 2 lobs from DHam (one he was being fouled on and was ridden almost OOB's but recovered nicely) and handled them fine, didn't feel comfortable to shoot it so passed it back out. The 3rd was an alley oops which he scored on. He and Ab are very similar in how you need to handle passing the ball to them, I think he is a bit more athletic thought to make some plays.

By AB you clearly don't mean Amida Brimah, right?

Reaction Score
The kid has had limited playing time, forced into the 5 which is not a fit for him and he goes out against some guys who are taller and outweigh him by at least 30 pounds. KF gives what I think is 110% effort. His hands aren't the best but much better than AB's, he gets outmuscled but still he battles (does AB?), he also shows that he can score (the baseline move last night where he went under the rim was great but didn't finish).
People on the chat were killing him for being out of position at times for a rebound but still grabbed I think 9, that is more than AB averages for 3 games.
I wish he saw more time last year but I really think we are seeing the beginning of a Hilton Armstrong type performance (I don't think he will score like HA in his senior year though).
Overall, I think he had a grade B type game last night BUT I don't think UConn wins without his contributions vs Texas.

How bout just give Facey his props and leave it at that? Brimah is gone for 8 weeks, you gonna kill him that entire time while he isn't playing? goshdarn, give it a rest already.

Reaction Score
Considering that he's a slender PF to begin with playing the 5, he had a very productive game.

He has a few defense lapses and missed a few rebounds, but he's playing many more minutes than he had been all season. This is a great time for him to develop his game, giving us greater quality depth when Brimah returns.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
3rd best rebounder on the team behind DHam & Miller I suppose that isn't saying much.

Actually, our #1 rebounder on a per minute basis.

Player MIN OFFR DEFR REB Reb per40
Shonn Miller 297 19 47 66 8.8
Daniel Hamilton 357 10 91 101 11.3
Kentan Facey 184 26 34 60 13.0

He also leads in offensive rebound in raw numbers, despite playing way fewer minutes than any of the other rebound leaders on the team.

Reaction Score
What the hell are you talking about? Facey didn't do a good job?

I'm talking about your "great hands like AB" line. He has terrible hands, you see it constantly with entry passes and rebound/steal/loose ball attempts.

Reaction Score
How bout just give Facey his props and leave it at that? Brimah is gone for 8 weeks, you gonna kill him that entire time while he isn't playing? goshdarn, give it a rest already.
Thank you

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
3rd best rebounder on the team behind DHam & Miller I suppose that isn't saying much.
Over 40 minutes, Facey is the 2nd best rebounder, way ahead of Miller and Brimah. He's got 5 rpg in just 15 minutes per game.

Reaction Score
My line about you not watching basketball was a joke, but now I'm convinced that you clearly don't.

"He doesn't have great hands like Ab" In other words neither of them have good hands. Later on I discussed how you need to handle them when passing them the ball also which may lead you to believe I don;t think either has great hands at all.

But I admit, I can see where you were confused.

Reaction Score
Over 40 minutes, Facey is the 2nd best rebounder, way ahead of Miller and Brimah. He's got 5 rpg in just 15 minutes per game.

I know no one wants to hear but since it's true here it comes. If Brimah elevated like KF for rebounds he'd be a very good rebounder. He is always flat footed and reaching rather than getting off his feet. Facey does a tremendous job of going to get it.

Reaction Score
Our front line looked tiny next to the beef of Texas. They played huge, though, especially KF. It was great to see.

Reaction Score
"He doesn't have great hands like Ab" In other words neither of them have good hands. Later on I discussed how you need to handle them when passing them the ball also which may lead you to believe I don;t think either has great hands at all.

But I admit, I can see where you were confused.

Not sure what's worse, AB's hands or your phrasing there. Way to butcher the English language.

Reaction Score
Not sure what's worse, AB's hands or your phrasing there. Way to butcher the English language.

Not sure who's a bigger d**chebag you or - Oh wait yes I am and easily. Congrats on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom