Facey shout out | The Boneyard

Facey shout out

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Kid played awesome tonight when a lot was asked of him. He was all over the boards tonight, grabbing rebounds over a much stronger Texas frontcourt. Yeah, he's obviously going to have a few lapses defensively when we put him at the 5, but that's not his natural position. Overall, he adapted very well. I thought his performance was one of the primary reasons we won tonight.

I am a bit surprised that Shaka didn't try to isolate Facey/Miller in one-on-one situations down low more. But our team defense and doubling was good when they did catch the ball in the low post.

For the first half of the season Facey may be our most consistent player, next to Purvis, as far as reliability night in and night out. He's had a very underrated start to the season but he really shined tonight against a tough Texas frontcourt (even without Ridley), in a big spot on the road. Great non-conference win.

Reaction Score
Deserves it, nice job. Active as hell and he goes up to get rebounds, keeps some alive as well. Also altered a couple shots, real nice minutes from him just needs to stay out of foul trouble and not commit unnecessary fouls.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Facey reminds me of those 4-year type of players that never seems to graduate who would consistently KILL our team with those offensive boards and easy put back buckets... and you'd keep wondering when he's going to graduate. Glad he's wearing a husky uniform :)

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Was about to make a Facey thread but glad you did first cause yours is more detailed.

7 pts (3-3 FG, 1-1 FT), 8 rebs (4 offensive), and 1 block. The the nice line against a big Texas team. Very happy for the kid.

Reaction Score
Very happy with Facey's performance tonight. He will be a solid 4 year player for us and I hope he continues to improve. We need him to play at a high level with the loss of Brimah

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Facey reminds me of the type of player that would consistently KILL our team with those offensive board and easy put back buckets. glad he's wearing a husky uniform :)
My all-time favorite in that role is Adrien. I used to often imagine what he would have done over 4 years of home-and-homes against UConn if he played for another BE team.

Reaction Score
Facey always seemed to find the ball off missed shots tonight. Excellent activity from him. I still wish he would stop dribbling. Got it stripped a couple times after putting it on the ground. But overall nice performance!

Reaction Score
For the first half of the season Facey may be our most consistent player, next to Purvis, as far as reliability night in and night out. He's had a very underrated start to the season but he really shined tonight against a tough Texas frontcourt (even without Ridley), in a big spot on the road. Great non-conference win.

I'm not going to steal any credit from Facey with this post, he did play great in a time when we really needed it, but how about Miller??

First half of the season kid has been ridiculously consistent with his FG%. Had an above average rebounding game and was playing the 5 at times when we were going small. All that preseason hype where they were describing Shonn as the "Glue Guy" in Storrs showed tonight. What a versatile athletic weapon we have that I'm sure other teams hate to face and simply don't have an answer for...

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Facey was a beastttt. Miller was as well. Gunna need these two to wreck havoc on the boards and in the paint for us to get to where we want to be and if this game was any indication both of them are up to the task

Reaction Score
I'm not going to steal any credit from Facey with this post, he did play great in a time when we really needed it, but how about Miller??

First half of the season kid has been ridiculously consistent with his FG%. Had an above average rebounding game and was playing the 5 at times when we were going small. All that preseason hype where they were describing Shonn as the "Glue Guy" in Storrs showed tonight. What a versatile athletic weapon we have that I'm sure other teams hate to face and simply don't have an answer for...
Yes, he can just out jump guys bigger than him to score inside. Love his game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh, He's no Nolan, but he's okay, I guess.

Reaction Score
Kid played awesome tonight when a lot was asked of him. He was all over the boards tonight, grabbing rebounds over a much stronger Texas frontcourt. Yeah, he's obviously going to have a few lapses defensively when we put him at the 5, but that's not his natural position. Overall, he adapted very well. I thought his performance was one of the primary reasons we won tonight.

I am a bit surprised that Shaka didn't try to isolate Facey/Miller in one-on-one situations down low more. But our team defense and doubling was good when they did catch the ball in the low post.

I really don't see what your saying. I saw the ball bouncing off him on passes, or his guy going right buy him and scoring. He was slow or lost at times.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
A couple of Facey's worst moments were caused by our guards who seem a little bit challenged. Tossing the ball to Facey where and when he has no ability to make a play has to stop. He is becoming their bailout option at times. He doesn't do extremely well on the fly. He also can not dribble out of traps. Our slow to react guards have to do a better job of giving him an outlet when he needs it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
3rd best rebounder on the team behind DHam & Miller I suppose that isn't saying much.

Reaction Score
A couple of Facey's worst moments were caused by our guards who seem a little bit challenged. Tossing the ball to Facey where and when he has no ability to make a play has to stop. He is becoming their bailout option at times. He doesn't do extremely well on the fly. He also can not dribble out of traps. Our slow to react guards have to do a better job of giving him an outlet when he needs it.

Rodney opened the game with a pass on the wing to a moving Facey about 25 feet from the basket - who's fault is that? He bobbled it OOB's ok but why would you throw him the ball there? He doesn't have great hands like Ab but they need to only see it when they are in scoring position. If they bobble it then shame on them. He caught 2 lobs from DHam (one he was being fouled on and was ridden almost OOB's but recovered nicely) and handled them fine, didn't feel comfortable to shoot it so passed it back out. The 3rd was an alley oops which he scored on. He and Ab are very similar in how you need to handle passing the ball to them, I think he is a bit more athletic thought to make some plays.

Reaction Score
Great performance by Facey. I loved the alley oop he caught from dham. Future looks bright

Reaction Score
Solid game tonight when he played within himself -- rebounding and garbage points.

He struggles when force-fed the ball within the offense and his defense and rim protection leave something to be desired, but he excels when he can just use his athleticism to snatch balls around the rim and convert them into points.

Reaction Score
Rodney opened the game with a pass on the wing to a moving Facey about 25 feet from the basket - who's fault is that? He bobbled it OOB's ok but why would you throw him the ball there? He doesn't have great hands like Ab but they need to only see it when they are in scoring position. If they bobble it then shame on them. He caught 2 lobs from DHam (one he was being fouled on and was ridden almost OOB's but recovered nicely) and handled them fine, didn't feel comfortable to shoot it so passed it back out. The 3rd was an alley oops which he scored on. He and Ab are very similar in how you need to handle passing the ball to them, I think he is a bit more athletic thought to make some plays.

There was one defender and he took Rodney. Facey was all alone. Remember freshman year when Facey grabbed a rebound and dribbled the entire court for a layup? It is not beyond him to make a play when he's all alone on the wing with no one on him except maybe a chair of some sort.

Reaction Score
Just did the math and Facey is averaging 5.65 offensive rebounds per 40 minutes. Thats pretty enormous, just looked it up quickly and that's something that Drummond or Oriakhi (two of our better rebounders ever did).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The kid has had limited playing time, forced into the 5 which is not a fit for him and he goes out against some guys who are taller and outweigh him by at least 30 pounds. KF gives what I think is 110% effort. His hands aren't the best but much better than AB's, he gets outmuscled but still he battles (does AB?), he also shows that he can score (the baseline move last night where he went under the rim was great but didn't finish).
People on the chat were killing him for being out of position at times for a rebound but still grabbed I think 9, that is more than AB averages for 3 games.
I wish he saw more time last year but I really think we are seeing the beginning of a Hilton Armstrong type performance (I don't think he will score like HA in his senior year though).
Overall, I think he had a grade B type game last night BUT I don't think UConn wins without his contributions vs Texas.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Facey stepped up big tonight. So active on the offensive and defensive boards. Just what we needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom