Facebook Update: Nebrich's status | The Boneyard

Facebook Update: Nebrich's status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just saw that Michael Nebrich commentted on his own facebook status saying that he is starting the second and fourth quarters for tomorrow's game.

Now is it true, who knows...but if it is does that mean McEntee gets two quarters or maybe Mac gets one and McCummings gets one...idk...we'll just have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
Good God. I hope he doesn't get suspended for telling the world what the coaches did not want revealed.

What is it with young people and technology? Seriously. A juror somewhere got sent to jail for a few nights for contempt because he "friended" a party to the suit he was trying. Why is it so hard for young people to understand that statements made and acts taken via social media are part of real life, and not part of a reality TV show or whatever.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Good God. I hope he doesn't get suspended for telling the world what the coaches did not want revealed.

What is it with young people and technology? Seriously. A juror somewhere got sent to jail for a few nights for contempt because he "friended" a party to the suit he was trying. Why is it so hard for young people to understand that statements made and acts taken via social media are part of real life, and not part of a reality TV show or whatever.

BL, it's Fordham....I doubt it is a big deal. I don't see this as giving up strategy.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't imagine he will be suspended... but I would think he'll get a talking to.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the secrecy? None of them have any game tape so even if there was a named starter how is a team to prepare for a QB who they've never seen anyway? You can't just assume if mccummings was in that we would be running the option, or if mac was in we would only run a pro set.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the secrecy. But that's not the point. It's P's decision whether to publicly reveal what is happening. It is not the players' decision.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the secrecy? None of them have any game tape so even if there was a named starter how is a team to prepare for a QB who they've never seen anyway? You can't just assume if mccummings was in that we would be running the option, or if mac was in we would only run a pro set.
I am with you. I don't get the secrecy. The only reason to keep it secret is if you still haven't made up your mind. You would hate to have it come out that Nebrich was playing the second and fourth quarter, then Johnny Mac blows it up and you decide to not put Nebrich in.

But if you are definitely going to play him, why not say it?

Reaction Score

Well, this is a little less serious than the juror case. Although frankly, the party to the case should also have been disciplined for accepting the juror's friend request instead of reporting it to the authorities. But in any case, it's Fordham. They really don't gain much from knowing Nebrich is starting the second and fourth quarters. They still don't know who's starting the first and third, so they'll be preparing for Nebrich, McEntee, and McCummings, which is exactly what they should have been doing anyway. And even if they did know who was starting, do you think they'd win?

Reaction Score
1. The defendant in the trial did report it to the court. Immediately.

2. I could care less about what Fordham knows or doesn't know. And of course Nebrich publicly disclosing what the coach says is a secret will not get him jailed fo contempt. But you are missing the point. If (and I am speculating, but from reports) the Coach has been saying this will not be revealed until game time, and if Nebrich did reveal it before game time, how could a coach be pleased? How could a coach not question the judgment of a QB?

Reaction Score

2. I could care less about what Fordham knows or doesn't know. And of course Nebrich publicly disclosing what the coach says is a secret will not get him jailed fo contempt. But you are missing the point. If (and I am speculating, but from reports) the Coach has been saying this will not be revealed until game time, and if Nebrich did reveal it before game time, how could a coach be pleased? How could a coach not question the judgment of a QB?

1) Wait... Businesslawyer, would you happen to be the lawyer in that case? Or are you not allowed to say because it's still pending? If the latter, don't say anything lest you wind up like the juror. Anyway, good for the defendant. If you're not speaking from personal experience, can you link to the story please?
2) Good point. But he's a freshman. He was excited about being a college quarterback for the first time. Perhaps a bit too excited. But if HCPP really didn't want the secret to get out, he could have said "Don't tell anybody about this outside the team." Had he said that, and had Nebrich still done it, I would question his judgement. But this is fine.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I hope for this young man's sake that he asked for and received permission to publish this information as while it may be a minor infraction (due to the opponent) it is something that very often coaching staffs do not want publicized.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I don't have a big issue with him saying he is going to play but he shouldn't have been so specific as to when. That could help the opponent. Honestly, I hope PP is not going to be like Belichek when it comes to information.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I think PP deliberately didn't name a starter to keep the pressure on in practice - that competition brings out the best in players and forcing young players to stay composed during uncertaintly and pressure is a good thing.

I don't think he didn't name a starter to keep Fordham guessing and struggling to game plan.

So I don't think its a big deal.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

How do you know the coach told him this was a secret though? The coach has simply said he won't reveal the starter until gametime. Also, I see that statement as less of a strategical observation, and moreso a statement on the fact that Coach P didn't know which QB would win out.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's a big deal, but clearly this was a mistake (minor mistake) on Nebrich's part.

Coach P (as with his predecessor, and many other coaches) is more interested in collecting information than dishing it out. I assume he would like his QB to respect that no matter how trivial we may find the information.

Reaction Score
How do you know the coach told him this was a secret though? The coach has simply said he won't reveal the starter until gametime. Also, I see that statement as less of a strategical observation, and moreso a statement on the fact that Coach P didn't know which QB would win out.

How do you know that was a "fact", rather than your belief Coach P didn't know which one would win out.

Why would the coach repeatedly tell reporters he isn't naming a starter until game time, and then tell the QB's it's okay if they make an announcement?

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
How do you know that was a "fact", rather than your belief Coach P didn't know which one would win out.

Why would the coach repeatedly tell reporters he isn't naming a starter until game time, and then tell the QB's it's okay if they make an announcement?

I didn't say is was a "fact", but that I saw the statement as a fact. My post states clearly (I believe) that it was my belief. I also do not see where Nebrich names a starter.

Reaction Score
I didn't say is was a "fact", but that I saw the statement as a fact. My post states clearly (I believe) that it was my belief. I also do not see where Nebrich names a starter.

You've only made your opinion more confusing to understand. Let's try and stay away from using the word "fact" if you're not talking about "facts", that will probably help avoid confusion.

If you want to play the semantics game, Coach P also didn't say if he was definitely going to play one, two, or three QBs. We now know he'll play at least two.

The larger point, which shouldn't be difficult to understand, is that the coach is keeping the information private (for whatever reason), and Nebrich has violated that. It shouldn't matter on Saturday, but it's a bad habit to get into, don't you think?

Reaction Score
I don't see any mention of MN's QB status on his Facebook Wall or Fan Page. So, either he took it down (good move), or it was never there in the frst place, or I'm too stupid to find it (equally possible). However, from the original post it sounds like word may have gotten out via a Tweet he made. That wouldn't be good either because his Twitter account is locked, and you need his permission to communicate with him that way. Technology aside, this is about trust and confidentiality, and sometimes you have to learn those lessons the hard way. I already went through this with my 19 yr old son who thought nothing of putting my recent unemployed status on his Facebook Wall. I only found out about that from another family member a few days later. He won't be doing anything like that again. :confused:

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
You've only made your opinion more confusing to understand. Let's try and stay away from using the word "fact" if you're not talking about "facts", that will probably help avoid confusion.

If you want to play the semantics game, Coach P also didn't say if he was definitely going to play one, two, or three QBs. We now know he'll play at least two.

The larger point, which shouldn't be difficult to understand, is that the coach is keeping the information private (for whatever reason), and Nebrich has violated that. It shouldn't matter on Saturday, but it's a bad habit to get into, don't you think?

I absolutely think it is a bad habit, but also think that we don't know for sure what Coach P has told the team to keep secret. I'd guess that, if Nebrich wasn't supposed to say anything, he wouldn't have. I don't see the Coach's statement to the media a week ago as necessarily meaning he wanted to "keep it a secret". We don't know what he is telling the team, and it very well may be different from what he tells the media. I would suspect that, if asked today, he would disclose the starter for tomorrow.

Reaction Score
keep in mind, when he said we wouldn't know until opening game, that game was to be played last night. if he did it for motivation in practice, the secrecy may have outlived it's usefulness and maybe that's why he told them who would be starting.

that all being said kids nowadays really do need to start keeping things to themselves. i don't think kids realize how dangerous this can be to them. this rant has nothing to do with Nebrich, or anyone on the team, but it seems like in general whenever someone age 12-25 does anything they have to announce it to the world. am i the only grump that likes to keep everything to myself? this morning you have Bruschi saying that he'd intentionally work Foster's injury if he was still playing since it was tweeted, you have people's houses getting broken into b/c they tell the world their on vacation on their facebook, and way down the line you have a Fordham coach with a better idea how to prepare for this saturday.

Reaction Score

The weirdest thing is that the accused ratted out the juror. If I were on trial, and a juror expressed romantic interest in me, I'm not sure I would hold it against the juror.

Reaction Score
Well, this is a little less serious than the juror case. Although frankly, the party to the case should also have been disciplined for accepting the juror's friend request instead of reporting it to the authorities. But in any case, it's Fordham. They really don't gain much from knowing Nebrich is starting the second and fourth quarters. They still don't know who's starting the first and third, so they'll be preparing for Nebrich, McEntee, and McCummings, which is exactly what they should have been doing anyway. And even if they did know who was starting, do you think they'd win?

OT: why is it incumbent for someone on trial to report that a juror is friending them? (BTW, the accused did report the friend request, but I don't see why she couldn't have kept her mouth shut on it).

Reaction Score
Hmmmmm. Judgement under pressure seems like a big deal for a QB. Judgement here, if true, under no pressure, sure seems a bit weak. Depending on the understanding between P and the QB's, this should have repercussions if "no tell 'till tip off" was the rule. If Maryland, probably put him on scout team, if Ohio State, probably make him count to ten and miss next team tattooing, if Miami probably cut his lap dance allowance; not sure what P will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom