Facebook Update: Nebrich's status | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Facebook Update: Nebrich's status

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hmmmmm. Judgement under pressure seems like a big deal for a QB. Judgement here, if true, under no pressure, sure seems a bit weak. Depending on the understanding between P and the QB's, this should have repercussions if "no tell 'till tip off" was the rule. If Maryland, probably put him on scout team, if Ohio State, probably make him count to ten and miss next team tattooing, if Miami probably cut his lap dance allowance; not sure what P will do.
While on the surface your statement makes sense, in practice it is not always valid. Kenny Stabler was one of the better QB minds of his era (especially in critical situations) yet in his personal life he was infamous for poor decision making (he nearly killed himself scuba diving one summer and riding a motorcycle another offseason). Being able to respond positively in the heat of the moment during a football game does not necessary indicate that he will make wise choices when he is in the real world with time to think through his decisions.

Reaction Score
OT: why is it incumbent for someone on trial to report that a juror is friending them? (BTW, the accused did report the friend request, but I don't see why she couldn't have kept her mouth shut on it).

Because the jurors are not supposed to associate with the involved parties during the trial, with the exception of what is necessary in court. And had the defendant not reported it, she could have been punished as well. So at the very least, the answer is to avoid punishment if the judge and/or plaintiff/prosecution found out about it. As for the justification of the law, if a juror is friends with the defendant on Facebook, that could bias him or her towards said defendant. Which is not a fair trial. So if there were no law about juror-party communication, perhaps the defendant would have been wise to keep her mouth shut. But she would be legally obligated to report something like that, as it is considered tampering, and rightly so. Did the juror deserve to go to jail for it? Probably not, although he should definitely have been kicked off the jury and replaced. And probably fined too. But that's besides the point.

Reaction Score
I don't see any mention of MN's QB status on his Facebook Wall or Fan Page. So, either he took it down (good move), or it was never there in the frst place, or I'm too stupid to find it (equally possible). However, from the original post it sounds like word may have gotten out via a Tweet he made. That wouldn't be good either because his Twitter account is locked, and you need his permission to communicate with him that way. Technology aside, this is about trust and confidentiality, and sometimes you have to learn those lessons the hard way. I already went through this with my 19 yr old son who thought nothing of putting my recent unemployed status on his Facebook Wall. I only found out about that from another family member a few days later. He won't be doing anything like that again. :confused:
1.His grandma wrote on his wall saying that she heard he might be playing and his response/comment was: "Michael Nebrich yup im starting the 2nd and 4rd quarters!"
2.Comment on his his status latest: "Michael Nebrich Starting 2nd and 4th quarter coach Hoskins"

Reaction Score
I would hope that by now Coach P has decided on a starter and he's not going to keep dragging the rest of the offense through this QB carousel. I would also hope that Nebrich has a little more between the ears and leaking out info on Facebook is a tactic and not just some freshman brain fart.

Reaction Score
#1 Good for Nebrich, I'm happy for him and very curious to see what he can do.

#2 Some of the responses in the thread make me want to knock myself out on a concrete wall.

Reaction Score
You've only made your opinion more confusing to understand. Let's try and stay away from using the word "fact" if you're not talking about "facts", that will probably help avoid confusion.

If you want to play the semantics game, Coach P also didn't say if he was definitely going to play one, two, or three QBs. We now know he'll play at least two.

The larger point, which shouldn't be difficult to understand, is that the coach is keeping the information private (for whatever reason), and Nebrich has violated that. It shouldn't matter on Saturday, but it's a bad habit to get into, don't you think?

You are so correct Wing! It's the coach's decision whether or not, and when, to release this kind of information. Since he has announced to the media over the last two weeks plus, that he won't name a starter until just before game time, then that has to be respected by ALL of his players, not just most of them. If he were to allow the player to release the information, then he would be passing along the judgement as to the importance of the information, whether the player knew if it was strategic in nature or not! To me, that is part of the coach's responsibility and prerogative, not the player's.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
#1 Good for Nebrich, I'm happy for him and very curious to see what he can do.

#2 Some of the responses in the thread make me want to knock myself out on a concrete wall.

Haha... had no idea the Situation was a UConn fan. :D

Reaction Score
uconnftbl33-ok, so you or someone else who got the info has to be a FB "friend" of MN's. I can't see it and neither can anyone else unless MN granted them "friend" status. So, I guess it comes down to his decision to make this information public and whether or not Coach P wanted it public or not. Not the end of the world but, personally, I think MN could have informed his grandma the "old fashion" and more personal way, via the telephone. I get it though . . . he's 19, and has worked his butt off and made big personal sacrifices to get to this point. I can only imagine how I'd act if I was told by my college head coach, and former NFL coach, that I would play QB as a true freshman on opening day for a team that just played in a BCS game. Let's hope he can channel that enthusiasm into on-the-field success tomorrow. I'm sure hoping he can. :)

Reaction Score
1.His grandma wrote on his wall saying that she heard he might be playing and his response/comment was: "Michael Nebrich yup im starting the 2nd and 4rd quarters!"
2.Comment on his his status latest: "Michael Nebrich Starting 2nd and 4th quarter coach Hoskins"

Thanks for posting that.

Like I said earlier, minor mistake. Kid is excited to be playing, good for him. Email grandma next time.

Reaction Score
Because the jurors are not supposed to associate with the involved parties during the trial, with the exception of what is necessary in court. And had the defendant not reported it, she could have been punished as well. So at the very least, the answer is to avoid punishment if the judge and/or plaintiff/prosecution found out about it. As for the justification of the law, if a juror is friends with the defendant on Facebook, that could bias him or her towards said defendant. Which is not a fair trial. So if there were no law about juror-party communication, perhaps the defendant would have been wise to keep her mouth shut. But she would be legally obligated to report something like that, as it is considered tampering, and rightly so. Did the juror deserve to go to jail for it? Probably not, although he should definitely have been kicked off the jury and replaced. And probably fined too. But that's besides the point.

It's tampering when YOU tamper with a witness. What law are you citing about punishing a defendant who says nothing? I can certainly see that the trial could be overturned, but if anything that would HELP the defendant. Not a fair trial? Fair trial's are a burden for the state and the prosecutor, not the defense. The defendant is entitled to a FAIR TRIAL. Not the reverse. Is there a law?

Reaction Score
It's tampering when YOU tamper with a witness. What law are you citing about punishing a defendant who says nothing? I can certainly see that the trial could be overturned, but if anything that would HELP the defendant. Not a fair trial? Fair trial's are a burden for the state and the prosecutor, not the defense. The defendant is entitled to a FAIR TRIAL. Not the reverse. Is there a law?

+1

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
If you want to play the semantics game, Coach P also didn't say if he was definitely going to play one, two, or three QBs. We now know he'll play at least two.

Actually, since the alleged posts or tweets make no mention of the first and third qtr, you don't really know anything more than that MN will play. You may have more confidence in your previous assumption that three will play since, with the potential for red shirting, he seemed the most likely to sit out.

Reaction Score
If you follow Jesse Joseph on twitter, you would know he is not playing tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Actually, since the alleged posts or tweets make no mention of the first and third qtr, you don't really know anything more than that MN will play.

Edsall is gone, we'll definitely have a quarterback on the field for all four quarters.

Reaction Score
It was a civil trial, not a criminal trial. And any party risks contempt sanctions if they have improper contact with a juror and don't report it, even if they don't initiate it. The judge gives people instructions as to how to behave at the beginning, and can punish those who don't comply.

It's good to be king

Reaction Score
It was a civil trial, not a criminal trial. And any party risks contempt sanctions if they have improper contact with a juror and don't report it, even if they don't initiate it. The judge gives people instructions as to how to behave at the beginning, and can punish those who don't comply.

It's good to be king

you know what they say... if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, does it make a sound?
someone sends me an email or friend request, I might not even notice. It's happened before.

Then again, what are the consequences of NOT friending him?

Reaction Score
It will be tough to beat this thread for "hijacked thread of the year"

The trophy please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members