Fab Melo News | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fab Melo News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He said it was solely because of not playing man to man. My point was if that were true, Thabeet would be killing it in the NBA.
The fact is SU plays man 80/90% of the time in practice. They can play it in games if needed. The zone vs man issue is nonsense. When MacNamara was torching teams, I never heard anyone say the other team should switch out of man.
Learning man to man is easy. 2 years of zone has nothing to do with Melo being in the NBA.
The fact is that JB often takes marginal NBA talents (Moten, Flynn, D Johnson, W. Johnson, A. Rautins, etc.) and puts them in position to maximize their talent, and get an NBA shot. When they don't do well, people wonder why. Some SU guys have had injuries (L. Rautins, Owens, Flynn), DC had a heart ailment. Some like Pearl were a disaster.
Hey, your JC said our JB was tbe best coach in college.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Playing man is easy? Please explain what 2 passes away means how that affects your angles?

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I had no idea the debate this post would start haha

Reaction Score
In a man-to-man defensive system, Fab wouldn't have lost the hinge coming off the screen door. The lazy zone allowed the hinge to drift baseline and punish Fab before he could make the necessary rotation.

caw

Reaction Score
Wait are you really saying that if Carmelo spent 6 months at UConn then 10 years in the NBA he'd be much better at defense than 6 months at Syracuse and 10 years in the NBA?

I don't know, Melo is a lazy punk, however the zone compounded the laziness. He was made for the zone, he could be as lazy as he wanted in it. Probably a major reason he chose Cuse.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine Andre Drummonds blocks per game or Thabeets in college if they say in the middle zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom